PDA

View Full Version : Starting to hate pure

JABBERJAW
4th May 2006, 08:21 PM
IV'e just noticed going on race mode on modesto, it is impossible to keep up with the ships on the first lap and get a barrel roll off the first jump(or any time that I guess too many ships are near you(they don't even have to touch you). This is the biggest croc of shi that I have seen. I get the barrel roll every time on TT off from that, and the only way to get it is to let the other ships start the race first(you can get it every time this way, and start with a 8 sec disadvantage). I have plenty of energy and acceleration for the barrel roll. Is this programmed in or is it just because too much is being processed on the cpu so It cannot recognize the input. This is a horrible flaw in the game. It better not do this on kai, or I might chuck wop in the trash(or at least onto the shelf). I'd like you all to try getting the barrel roll on lap one, jump one while keep up with the ships, then give the results.

lunar
4th May 2006, 09:00 PM
I just tested it and found I could get a BR on the dive into the tunnel on lap 1 every time, but not on the jump, as you say. This seemed to happen even if there weren`t many other ships around at the jump because I was up to second or third. However, I could do an AP BR in that place. Strange. I wouldn`t worry about it though, really. I never play against the AI anyway as they cheat like mad, on lap 1 especially, and then go too slow mostly, and the single player race mode just doesn`t compare at all favourably with Kai or multiplayer. This problem doesn`t exist on Kai, I can say for sure. :)

Asayyeah
5th May 2006, 03:05 PM
yeah stephen is right. We don't have that kind of pb into Kai ( at least that one ...) but i noticed in sr AI mode that you can do a BR only if your are first quickly ( guess before end of lap1 and for the rest of the race otherwise it depends on your ranking position into the race : they won't allow you BR for a strange reason i dunno.
solution is to be first on lap 1 :coffee

JABBERJAW
5th May 2006, 03:43 PM
that really sucks. not much more to say about that other than why?

Liquid
6th May 2006, 04:47 PM
I dont mean to be a spoil sport guys. but i got a BR of the first jump and was in 1st place before the end of the first lap.

Liquid
6th May 2006, 05:05 PM
just to make sure i tryed it in all modes... i always get the BR an im always in first before the end of the first lap... except TT.. as its only me...

q_dmc12
6th May 2006, 10:46 PM
hey .sparks, hey @s@,

See I'm not afraid of wozone, I can usually get a br off ....wait are you counting that decline after the start/finnish as the "first jump"?

JABBERJAW
6th May 2006, 11:28 PM
the first downhill, if you are not in first you do not get a barrel roll, not the jump near the end of the track.

q_dmc12
6th May 2006, 11:39 PM
i see

Asayyeah
7th May 2006, 03:11 AM
cool to see you back there Dmc :)
Have a look into those cool vids till i edit the flash tour we did tonight on kaï. :cowboy

q_dmc12
7th May 2006, 04:18 AM
cool to see you back there Dmc :)
Have a look into those cool vids till i edit the flash tour we did tonight on kaï. :cowboy
I did and i had some things to say:bomb
j/k all good

Liquid
7th May 2006, 07:49 AM
ok my mistake... i'll try again...

ok i just tried it again.

the first downhill as you come round the first 2 corners?

yeah ur right... my bad.

tis a bit of a pain. but its not such a big deal no need to chuck wop on the shelf for it. i dont no about u but even without that BR on the first downhill im in first by the end of the lap.

tis no biggie.

q_dmc12
7th May 2006, 08:46 PM
Well, the bots are pretty easy

Zerow
7th May 2006, 11:15 PM
No reason to stop playing Pure really, like Liquid said. Even without a barrell roll on the downhill part of Modesto Heights on the first lap, you can beat the AI opponents to the finish quite comfortably. Nothing to rip your hair out over.

JABBERJAW
8th May 2006, 12:38 AM
I"m not losing to the bots, it's just annoying that you cannot barrel roll when you are supposed to be able to do it. If sony would allow some additional content, I'm sure this could be taken care of, but more likely it's off to bigger and worse things(unless it's wipeout for ps3)

q_dmc12
8th May 2006, 01:33 AM
Sooo what, you're giving up?:frown:

JABBERJAW
8th May 2006, 05:18 PM
No, I'm just starting to say that part of the game sucks, just when I was really starting to play it. Didn't notice at first because was playing more TT

eLhabib
8th May 2006, 05:20 PM
I haven't played even one more single player race ever since I finally got the last gold. there's no point to it, really. it's too damn easy to get first, and inbetween it ranges from boring to unfair. online play is the place to be.

q_dmc12
8th May 2006, 06:53 PM
Yup, a little variety is always needed.:clap

*sorry*
Okay, i read and now fully understand the forum guidelines. :D

Lance
8th May 2006, 08:57 PM
oh, damn. i missed the editing fun. shucks! ;)

q_dmc12
8th May 2006, 09:08 PM
The guidelines for most forums are mostly the same, however this one is different..http://www.jp3d.net/yahoo/images/dont_steal_these_images2/33.gif

Asayyeah
8th May 2006, 09:49 PM
yeah Dmc that's why i like to be here and no where else :cowboy

JABBERJAW
9th May 2006, 04:59 AM
What was that about the forum guidelines? swears?

q_dmc12
9th May 2006, 10:08 AM
No, I quoted eL directly after his post:dizzy