PDA

View Full Version : WipeOut vs Rollcage?

Vasudeva
5th May 2002, 07:34 AM
Hello all,

Just wondering. Would they ever make a WipeOut vs Rollcage? If they did, what would be your opinion of it (I pray to God this topic hasn't been here before - feel free to kick my ass moderators :roll:).

Peace,
V.

Lance
5th May 2002, 06:24 PM
the rollcage cars wouldn't have a prayer, far too slow and twitchier control. they'd be left behind at the start

as far as my personal preferences go, there's just something about the smooth speed of wipeout that appeals to me more than rollcage

Hellfire_WZ
5th May 2002, 07:50 PM
I'm a big fan of both Rollcage and Wipeout, and it would be fun to see a comparison of the two. But Lance is right, the Wipeout craft would slaughter the Rollcage cars hands down. Just look at speeds for a start, Rollcage - 300mph, Wipeout - 1000+mph! :lol:

Vasudeva
6th May 2002, 04:14 PM
I'm more of a fan of WipeOut, but...

Rollcage cars are indestructible.

V.

stin
6th May 2002, 05:09 PM
ok thats a good question.

Anyway the different between The rollcage and Wipeouts is interesting cos wipeout got non gravity and rollcage is. just imagine wipeout will lose the speeds in rollcage atmosphere so rollcage could stand a chance maybe.

Wipeout and Rollcage are really good games.

SH :D

zargz
6th May 2002, 05:11 PM
RC will defenetly win - Leader misile and undestructable.
no way 2lose! :wink:

zargz
6th May 2002, 05:15 PM
AND the double leader missile takes away the shield !!! :o

Piranha Advancements
6th May 2002, 05:58 PM
Rollcage was kinda easy but it's easy to get into the flow of things.

Vasudeva
6th May 2002, 07:30 PM
Okay, to further expand on my ideas (I was in a nick of time a while ago).

First, I'm not sure if I would like such a game, and I agree with Lance that the smoothness and control of wipeout is preferrable above the loose, relaxed d&b-atmosphere of Rollcage (which also has its merits, though :)).

I'm not sure about the speeds. I could check it, but I seem to recall that the max speed for a Rollcage car was about 500 kph, which is about the same for a wipeout craft. Of course, Rollcage cars are way more unstable (imagine what a Quake would do with them 8)), but as said before, they have the indestructibility and the leader missile.

V.

stin
6th May 2002, 09:50 PM
hey vasudeva! do you like ROLLCAGE or not! cos its a great game its got more adreralin than wipeout and even better listen to the music while driving in a race its soooo intense!

Don`t worry I do loooooove wipeouts as well!!

so I love them both! its makes me hard to choose!!

SH:)

Vasudeva
7th May 2002, 06:40 AM
Yes, I do like Rollcage and its music (especially the EZ Rollers tracks).

But I like WO better :).

V.

zargz
7th May 2002, 06:17 PM
rollcage is NOT ez!!!
I never made it thru the last level - the space trax .. :evil:
I guess I'll have 2 clean the dust from the cd and try again .. some time .. :-?

Synthetic Consciousness
10th May 2002, 12:09 PM
*pictures a WipEout craft firing a Quake Disruptor at a Rollcage car* WHOOM!--boingboingboingboingboingboingboingboing......! :lol: ...And then the Rollcage car zips up along the wall while turning backwards, slips behind the WipEout craft, and gives the pilot a friendly missile up the engine. 8)

stin
10th May 2002, 06:21 PM
sorry i am a bit confused here is it about rollcage 1 or 2 or is it both?
thanxs

SH :oops:

Vasudeva
10th May 2002, 08:23 PM
I, personally, was talking about the first RC. I don't own the second, you see :).

V.

stin
10th May 2002, 10:00 PM
i`m glad you said that and i`m advise you GET number 2 as well cos its different game and you will love it and its really fast when you play the master level woooooow its was awesome!! , if you want this game its up to you
the music are great!

ask anyone they will tell you!

SH :wink:

Sven
16th June 2002, 08:13 PM
last time I checked, Rollcage cars went about 4 times faster than wipeout ships. I probably keep average speeds of around 400 (mph) and max of 864 (mph) in rollcage, while the Wipeout ships are stuck puttering along at 150 (kmh) (average, at phantom) and 250 (max, at phantom).

By the way, does anyone know how to unlock the ATD bestlaps in Rollcage 2?

And then there's the wormhole weapon....as well as the gravity freeze thing.

Hellfire_WZ
16th June 2002, 08:24 PM
Which Wipeout game are you using for the speeds? I'm sure the speeds in Fusion reach at least 1000 kmh. Or have I been playing too much Zone? :-?

Sven
16th June 2002, 08:45 PM
I'm judging by Wipeout 3, as I haven't played Fusion yet (aaaaa!!!! this 3 days is going to take forever...)
But still, 1000 kmh is only about 620 mph

rhys
16th June 2002, 08:52 PM
thats fast!!!!! :)

Lance
16th June 2002, 10:33 PM
250 kph maximum speed in phantom class of wip3out?!!!

no way! even vector class is radically faster than that. where did you get the numbers?

Sven
17th June 2002, 12:07 AM
I got the numbers from looking at the spedometer, which I assumed was in kmh, and the fastest I've been was around 230.
It could've been in Rapier though.

Nathan Adams
17th June 2002, 01:01 AM
theres nothing to say in wo3 that those speeds are in kmh... ;)

Lance
17th June 2002, 06:36 AM
not to mention that they may not be anymore accurate than the speeds shown in Killer Loop seem to be.

the maximum speed i've driven on the road is not much less than 230 kph, and i know based on the general feel of driving at speed on a highway, [which would give a greater feeling of speed at any given velocity than flying several feet above it as the Wip3out ships do. compare go-kart sensations to those of regular cars with driving positions only a foot higher off the ground than the go-karts, then think how much the speed sensation would be affected by being several feet off the ground; that would feel even slower.] , um... where was i? oh, yeah. based on the feel of real driving, by comparison, a VECTOR class Icaras feels like it's going at least 300 MILES per hour by the time i get halfway into the tunnel on Porto Kora. that would be about 480 kilometers per hour.

if we knew what the 'actual' lengths of the racing circuits are, it would be easy to figure average speeds. didn't Joel Marshall post something like this about his Phantom class time at Hi-Fumii?

Confusion
17th June 2002, 02:31 PM
Rollcage Stage II is a breath of fresh air. It's also mucho better than the original (anyone up for a game of rubble soccer?). The cars are indestructable and they can reach speeds in excess of 900mph (RC stage 2 on the pc the speedo clock is in MPH).

I don't think a matchup between Fusion craft and Rollcage craft would be fair as Fusion craft in their basic modes would still dust the Genesis III (this is the name of the fastest one right?) in Stage II.

A fairer matchup would be Wipeout 3 or Wipeout 2097 craft and Rollcage cars. Then we gotta think about the courses... I mean not all Wipeout courses are suitable and vice versa. Then of course the weapons... some weapos would be usefull and others not (eg Laserblades... Wipeout craft have no wheels!)

I dunno. It would be nice if they did like a cross over so that you could race Wipeout craft on rollcage courses (imagine a race in Neoto City or Harpoon or Skyway!!!). it would probably be like Wipeout Joyriding or something.

Vasudeva
17th June 2002, 06:16 PM
Well, such a game *could* be nice, provided that it doesn't get the distinct atmospheres of both games blended into a tastelass mix.

I did think, though, that RC cars (in RC1) could reach speeds up to 500 kph, whereas the maximum I ever reached in say WO2097 is about 500 kph, during that long jump in Gare d'Europe.

Oh, imagine an RC car doing that jump! Or flying a FEISAR into the lava tunnels of Eruption.... Hehe.

Peace,
V.

stin
17th June 2002, 09:18 PM
last time I checked, Rollcage cars went about 4 times faster than wipeout ships. I probably keep average speeds of around 400 (mph) and max of 864 (mph) in rollcage, while the Wipeout ships are stuck puttering along at 150 (kmh) (average, at phantom) and 250 (max, at phantom).

By the way, does anyone know how to unlock the ATD bestlaps in Rollcage 2?

And then there's the wormhole weapon....as well as the gravity freeze thing.

now i rest my case :wink:

i will check the ATD bestlaps for you ok if i can help you :wink:

stin 8)

JABBERJAW
17th June 2002, 10:06 PM
I believe the speed in wo3se goes into the 1000's. A visual check shows wipeout 3 ships move much faster

Sven
18th June 2002, 12:14 AM
heheh, rollcage cars go faster than any thing when you activate a twin boost! You're going along at around 350, then BOOOM, you're going 864 mph! On a good start, they also go from 0-200 mph in under 1 second.
Oh, and they can carry 2 weapons at a time, as opposed to Wipeout's measly one :wink: