PDA

View Full Version : lots of lag...

ratman
9th April 2006, 04:23 AM
hi, i've just joined the wipeout site and also just bought the wipeout fusion game for PS2. i have the limited edition version and it seems to lag quite alot and i was wondering if it was any different with the normal copy. also another thing that i found quite interesting was that down here in NZ i couldn't find wipeout fusion in any of the shops... i had to resort to buying it off trademe for $35 which was a bargain! ok just thought i would introduce myself to the forum.
thanks

Lion
9th April 2006, 09:51 AM
Hi ratman :) I got my copy off trademe too, it hasn't been in shops here for a long time as it was an early PS2 title and didn't sell well enough to go platinum
if you read around on here you'll find that most of the people on this site prefer the other wipeout games to fusion

sorry to hear about the lag problem, I haven't played my copy much (it's currently being lent to a friend, so I can't even take a look) but I never noticed any lag issues when I was playing it. I was using the special package version too, in an original big PS2 when I last tried it

eLhabib
9th April 2006, 11:51 AM
if by LAG (which usually means choppy gameplay produced by a bad connection when playing online) you actually mean a drop in framerate during a race and the game slowing down or losing fluidity, yes, that happens in Fusion. Sad but true. Not a specific fault of your copy.

ratman
10th April 2006, 05:53 AM
ok thanks for the help. so why is it that other people generally prefer other wipeout titles rather than fusion? i think fusion is pretty cool but i have only played one of the PS1 wipeouts before hand i think it was 2097 but that was a long time ago.

eLhabib
10th April 2006, 10:00 AM
it's mainly got to do with the way the ships handle. all wipEouts before Fusion had a very floaty feel to them, almost like flying. In Fusion, however, the feel was totally different, which is why some people here would refer to the ships in Fusion as 'cars with invisible wheels' (because they were so glued to the ground).

Zerow
18th April 2006, 08:46 PM
I too noticed that the way the ships feel in Fusion was completely different to that of the previous WipEout's (and now Pure), but that didn't stop me from enjoying Fusion just as much as the previous games. :D

I also noticed that Fusion suffers from slow-down from time to time as well, but this only ever happened to me if 5 or so ships launched weapons at the same time.

Dominator
27th April 2006, 04:39 AM
I also noticed that Fusion suffers from slow-down from time to time as well, but this only ever happened to me if 5 or so ships launched weapons at the same time.

Multiple ships firing weapons at the same time happened all to often with Fusion, hence the framerate drop out!!
The game was way to weapons orientated, and the ships handling was very disapointing !! it kinda stunk imo and didn't deserve to carry the name "wipEout" :frown:
WO Pure on the other hand :D :D back to it's roots.

Dawizz
28th April 2006, 06:43 PM
^ Yup,and that takes place alot of times,this game was a flop, (in my view) a total flop.