PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure Soundtrack Competition Winners

infoxicated
7th April 2006, 09:14 AM
We had a good response to the competition - with over a thousand emails sent out to our members, generating quite literally tens of replies!

After entering the data into the WipeoutZone Supercomputer it returned the following random names from the clutch of email entries:

mo Evans / element42 (first pilot over the finish line!)
Leon Barton / Lion
Martin Römer / eLhabib
Guillaume Billard / guillaume
~ / AmigoJack

:clap

Congratulations to all of our winners - your copy of the Wipeout Pure soundtrack will be winging its way to you early next week.

For the benefit of well over half a thousand members who perhaps couldn't solve the anagrams, here are the correct answers:

Blue Ridge = BURIED LEG
*Porta Kora = OAK PARROT
Phantom Class = CLASH MAN STOP
Disruption Bolt = BLIND RIOTS TO UP
Makana Island = ALASKA DAMN IN
Modesto Heights = EDGE HIS SHOT TOM
Chengou Project = GOT ON CHURCH JEEP
Anulpha Pass = NASA LAP PUSH
Cold Storage = RACED GO SLOT

*typo/curveball ;)

A big thanks to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. :)

Sausehuhn
7th April 2006, 12:02 PM
Congrats to the winners :)

eLhabib
7th April 2006, 03:42 PM
YAY! :hyper

AmigoJack
7th April 2006, 04:01 PM
hey thats more than blasting goooood!!! :)

i think it was a load of work to check every mail for the right answers. do you have some statistica on how much each anagram has been solved (like 50 out of 500 answers)? or how many ppl sent you something? how many had all answers correct... and how many not a single one *g*? pure interest... ;-)

eLhabib
7th April 2006, 05:05 PM
or even better yet: what alternative answers did people come up with? ^^

stin
7th April 2006, 05:23 PM
Congrats to the winners!

stevie:)

Lion
7th April 2006, 10:34 PM
hooray!!

I'm still not sure why makana island seemed so hard

infoxicated
8th April 2006, 04:29 PM
Truth be told, I had about 20 entries - all of whom got the anagrams right - I only wish I'd had enough copies to give everyone who sent in an entry. I don't think we've ever had a competition with so few entries. Oh, other than the t-shirt competition... that had about 12 or so.

What can I say... these things generate next to no interest - we're a fan site for a bit of a niche videogame franchise. If this was GranTourismoZone I bet we'd be flooded with entries. ;)

Mobius
8th April 2006, 05:14 PM
It couldve been the fact that the anagrams were bloody difficult. I could only get 4 in total, even when i compared each word to each track I somehow missed them. I htought one of these has to be Anulpha pass, and i looked it straight int he eye and still couldnt see it...

Mabey thats just me though. :rolleyes:

AmigoJack
8th April 2006, 09:01 PM
20 contenders only? ok, maybe there were more but they dont dared to send anything since they couldnt solve everything. i was a bit worried about "porto kora" (heck, i did NOT notice the typo), because its not really pure related (its more w3 related i think). it was very hard, thats true - it took me some hours nonstop and i havent gone to bed until i had everything :)

anyways - im happy that ive won. congratulations to the other four ones :) and my respect to all who solved every anna gramm :P

eLhabib
9th April 2006, 01:25 AM
porto kora is also in the classic2 pack available for wipEout purE.

Smoothly Does It
12th April 2006, 09:08 AM
Of course, there was also this (http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=buried+leg), but that would be no fun, eh? :D

Congrats to the winners, check out the edit of WOW's Pulse of Life, quite spiffy really! :sonar

eLhabib
12th April 2006, 01:01 PM
I think it would have taken everyone WAY longer to look through this list of possible anagrams than to simply start thinking!

Spaceboy Gajo
14th April 2006, 07:11 AM
I thought it was a great contest. As long as it didn't involve race times and competing against some of the cyborgs on this board, this contest piqued my interest. Hence my entry into the wallpaper contest years ago.

However, time and demands of the real world prevented me from entering. Still thought this contest was a great idea!

Great job foxy and congratulations to all the winners!

Smoothly Does It
19th April 2006, 10:06 AM
Question: where did all this talk of Droids (lunar called me that) and cyborgs come from? Makes me feel like playing my fav. racing game makes me somewhat antagonistic :frown:

Lance
19th April 2006, 08:23 PM
hmm... cyborgs... almost inhumanly perfect skill...... oh yeah, i can think of a couple of pilots like that. :D

element42
20th April 2006, 11:58 AM
Cool! I've been on holiday for a while and I come back to find I'm a winner! Thanks! :)

Had I known about that website I probably would have used it to get the Makana Island anagram, that nearly killed me. I ended up actually reading through Hellfires FAQ at least three times trying to find an answer.

I get loads of anagram practice doing cryptic crosswords, so that maybe explains why I finished first... :rock

Anyway, thanks again Rob, I'm looking forward to getting the CD!

Hellfire_WZ
30th April 2006, 11:38 AM
Heh, nice to know it's being used :) It's not getting may hits on GameFAQs anymore.

guillaume
8th May 2006, 07:54 PM
i received my cd a few days ago, so thank you for this competition!

i thought that i'd probably never win because there would be hundreds of contenders, but it turned out there was only a few of them :)

thanks again, this forum rocks! :D

Lion
9th May 2006, 02:24 AM
oh yeah, forgot to mention when I got my copy too :)
it arrived safe and well. cheers!

AmigoJack
16th May 2006, 12:52 PM
now i was at home (where all the postage still goes to) and it also arrived :) thx again! it was well packed, only these little teeth that hold the cd in the case were halfly broken off. doesnt matter, the case is replacable.

im glad to have way out west finally associated to wipeout, theyre good. the three tracks are ok, no more, no less (like someone before also stated). black jack 3 is the only missing one :) definitly not worth missing it for naks acid.

thats my third soundtrack cd: the first one was 2097, the second one this "wipEout" cd with music on it which never really had sth with W'O'' in common. except the masterpiece "one love" from prodigy :) some edit of that would surely feel good while auricoming

ShaneNewville
10th June 2006, 06:58 AM
This soundtrack is the flikkinest. I love it. Picked mine up
at Best Buy a few months ago.

Piranha5p33d5
20th June 2006, 04:56 PM
Seeing as I didnt win one in the competition, just got one from eBay!

Zerow
20th June 2006, 10:02 PM
I've owned my copy of the soundtrack for ages now. The three bonus tracks are superb (particuarly Way Out West's 'Pulse Of Life').

Too bad those songs were never included in the actual game.