PDA

View Full Version : Pack zone PLEASE

kaori
4th April 2006, 07:52 PM
Will it be possible in the future to have a pack zone?
races, tournament and "contre-la-montre" on the 4 tracks zone.
excuse for my english I'm french!

Crusader
4th April 2006, 09:42 PM
The zone tracks are really TOO simple unless played at ultra-high speeds... but I agree that being able to play them in other modes would be nice, if only just for kicks.

Asayyeah
5th April 2006, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately Kaori ( Wellcome on board fellow citizen :) ) , there's no chance to see a new pack coming soon , Studio Liverpool stopped working on pure few months ago, only focusing ( we highly hope :guitar ) on the new Wipeout for PS3.

eLhabib
5th April 2006, 12:57 PM
afaik, SL are currently working on the next F1 title for PS3, so the next wipEout is unlikely to be a launch title for the PS3...

Crusader
5th April 2006, 04:57 PM
@ eLhabib: Wow, that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing a WO launch title. The Formula1 title could be cool though, considering how great of a job they did with Pure :)

eLhabib
5th April 2006, 05:32 PM
actually I like it better that way. launch titles are in severe danger of being rushed in development, so I'd rather have SL spend more time on it, in order to get it juuuuust right.

Airrider
5th April 2006, 09:16 PM
Hmmm...that's a good way of looking at it...

DragonWolf
5th April 2006, 11:29 PM
yes, as cool as that would be (or even just more zone tracks to race on), it probably won't happen. But who knows, maybe they might give us a present in the future ;)

lunar
7th April 2006, 09:17 AM
afaik, SL are currently working on the next F1 title for PS3, so the next wipEout is unlikely to be a launch title for the PS3...
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that SL have a seperate team who work pretty much full time on the (excellent) F1 series. The Pure team would have worked seperately to the F1 people I think, so would now be free to start working on PS3 wipeout. :rock

But who knows? Those who do aren`t telling.

Maybe the next wipeout won`t be PS3. I could be imagining this, but I dimly remember an SL person conjecturing that there could be another PSP wipeout if Pure was a success, which it was. We need Max`s memory here. ;) Whatever, I guess a launch title wipeout for PS3 is unlikely and probably undesirable as we want them to take as long as they need to achieve perfection.

There`s also the possibility they`re working on downloadable versions of the old games for PSP, as part of the new PS1 games on PSP thing that Sony will be launching. My dream is a PS2 port of Pure, with negcon support and online play, but that has to be a very distant possibility. :)

Task
7th April 2006, 09:21 PM
My dream is a PS2 port of Pure, with negcon support and online play, but that has to be a very distant possibility. :)

I'm not completely positive, but I don't think there's _ever_ been a "backwards" port. Which means that if Pure _did_ get ported... it would be ported to PS3! Which would likely mean negcon and HD support. Not a bad thing to hope for at all! 8 )

Lion
7th April 2006, 10:05 PM
has there been even one game released for PS2 that has negcon support?

lunar
8th April 2006, 07:11 AM
Fusion had neg support, though the implementation was awful, in control scheme and calibration.

Task - another very exciting possibility I missed. Given that this could be turned around quicker than a whole new game, I think that`s a fantastic thought. 8)