PDA

View Full Version : A question about ships and time records

Crusader
1st April 2006, 08:16 PM
Do you guys consider lap records in downloaded ships (Icarus, for example) to be as legitimate as a record set with the standard ships that come in-game? (not counting unlockables of course) Why or why not?

Renegäde
1st April 2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah they count for me but only the official wipeout teams I think. Theres not alot of avantage to the downloaded ships if you cant use them to their full potential and ships are going to be suited to different tracks anyway so there won't be one ship setting best times for every track.

Crusader
2nd April 2006, 06:27 AM
That's one thing that I've noticed since I started playing pure, the fact that no one ship is particularly the best. In XL, we always seperated Pirhana times from Qirex times. Although I do see alot of top times being run by Triakis ships...

Lion
2nd April 2006, 09:00 AM
even the downloadable ships in pure each have their own character.
I know some people are loath to install the secret packs but I like how daxtinator's rear slides out wide quite easily and find it a very fun ship to pilot

it for that reason, and also that even with the downloaded ships there is no one that has proven consistently superior, that I consider anything to be a valid option for a records table

lunar
2nd April 2006, 10:47 AM
yes I agree Dax is fun. It would have been nicer if these different ship handling models could have been put in real Wipeout ships, but oh well.....

I agree any ship has to be considered valid. Whether its data is stored on a memory stick or a umd is really irrelevant, and it would be impractical to start imposing rules other than the natural limitations provided by the game. Besides, if someone is good enough to set a record in a wacky races ship it`s our sworn duty as hardcore wipeout pilots to knock them off again. :banzai

Crusader
2nd April 2006, 07:38 PM
Damn straight! :D