PDA

View Full Version : Qirex heads rejoice!

Smoothly Does It
31st March 2006, 11:46 PM
Fellow Qirex wipers, for years we have gone by, ridiculed for racing "that fat russian brick", being reminded time and again by the super ship nazis that our beloved Mighty Q just cannot compete! For years we have stood in the shadows of the wielders of the Dark Side of the AG force: Pirhana! *hiss!* Icaras! *boo! hiss! no like!* and more recently... Triakis! *OMG li3K b00z0Rz!* but no more my friends... no more... For I bring gifts from across the sea! Yes indeed... oh wait, no it's not the-blood-of-the-first-born-sons-of-a-canibalistic-tribe-somewhere-in-peru... No, what I bring to you is a gift truly worthy rejoicing! Dedicated to the Qirex faithful, ...

Wip3out PAL
Time Trial
Phantom Class
Terminal
Race Time - 2:11.72 (Seed - 1)
Ship... ... ... Qirex

:) Go forth with my blessings (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=782)!

lunar
1st April 2006, 12:33 AM
LOL.

Amazing....... and they said it couldn`t be done.......

that`s really impressive, I have to say. :)

Asayyeah
1st April 2006, 11:39 AM
canibalistic-tribe-somewhere-in-peru...

Lol.
Didn't know Mano was the guru of that tribe !!

great time with the drivin'Brick :brickwall

DJ Techno
23rd April 2006, 05:59 AM
Well...

still good run for the game.

even if it was fun gettin to master the weight, handling, speed, and braking of a red ship.

it was :)

RolandofGilead
3rd May 2006, 07:44 AM
(To put the following in perspective, I'm new.)

Pilots use ships other than Qirex? Honestly I thought the whole point was that the harder-to-maneuver ships were for the more advanced pilots. I suppose it depends on whether one puts emphasis on pure speed or skill and speed. Congrats.

Smoothly Does It
5th May 2006, 09:02 AM
Hello RolandofGilead; in Wipeout 3, the most commonly used ship is the Icaras, it has a top speed stat of 5/5 and Wipeout 3 (W3O) is biased towards top speed (with the exception of one or two circuits.) The Qirex has overall better stats, but not on top speed, this equates to between .5 to 2 seconds a lap that it loses over the Icaras. The upshot is that the Qirex is essentially a slower ship and on this day, this is the only W3O record in a Qirex in a phantom class TT.

I'm a long time fan of the Qirex, but I fell victim to turning to the Icaras to even the odds where the Icaras is used (namely everywhere,) i used the Qirex at Capital T only when I had both of the records there, saw no point in continuing with the Puce Dragster after getting the records. Will probably stand as my No.1 WipEout moment until i do something greater, like beat Arnaud at Talons Reach :)

Welcome to the board RolandofGilead

Asayyeah
5th May 2006, 02:45 PM
héhé i know you have the skill & the determination to beat me one day on talon's ( the racetime ok, for the lap it's a bit different isn't it? ;) )
Anyway i am a bit busy for writing the guide of what we talked previously. It's mostly due to videos pure but count on me when you get back your internet connection Ali, to be here on W3O or 2097 ( btw new logitech fusion webcam : works pretty well for viewing telly directly if you see what i mean , Blondie ;)

Wellcome on board fellow RolandofGilead :)

Smoothly Does It
8th May 2006, 12:23 PM
On that subject, I might not get my I-net connection back period:

NTL (ISP,) screwed me around something wicked and after finding they'd cut me off at the end of march, after less than 10 days, for not paying a bill for a month's I-Net connection, I phoned them and was told it was another £20 to reconnect me and then the £10 late fee i would have got anyway, that's the kind of money i don't have, so i gave up. Anyway i'm trying now to get a job and some money together so I can evaquate this mad country and take refuge in spain lol. Bernabeu here I come! :rock