PDA

View Full Version : Fusion and Explosive Mayhem

Rob Queste
3rd May 2002, 05:53 PM
I don't know about you guys, but since I started playing I noticed one thing. The other drivers are idiots! More than once I'll get stuck in a situation where about two or three ships (mine included) end up bashing into the wall, and everyone that passes by feels the need to fire rockets, grenades and missiles. This is very frustrating as it causes your shields to reach critical nearly every time.

Do any of you have experiences with such carnage and how do you usually react? (I swear the world together :D )

rhys
3rd May 2002, 06:10 PM
i have been in that situation!! :evil:

its not nice, but it makes the game a challenge, and i usually remember who fired at me, hunt them down and destroy them with a shield drain!! 8)

no chance of me being eliminated though.... :wink:

oggob
7th May 2002, 03:40 AM
What is probably happening is that the ships are being hit by the Proton Cannon, as that causes the ships to not steer properly and that's probably why the computer ships steer into the wall, it's the same with human controlled ships.

Rob Queste
7th May 2002, 06:58 AM
I would think that's what causes it.. but it's friggin annoying and it really takes the speed out of the game. Although I find that being hit by anything (exept a couple of proton shots) slows you down insanely... sometimes even firing a turbo won't matter...

oggob
8th May 2002, 03:15 AM
very true, the grav bomb is the worst, that just stops any forward momentum!

that's another reason why I like zone, you don't get these slowdowns! :D