PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure Soundtrack Competition

infoxicated
24th March 2006, 04:00 PM
Although this has to break the record for the most contrived competition yet, here's a chance to win yourself one of five copies of the Wipeout Pure Soundtrack courtesy of Distinctive Records (http://www.distinctiverecords.com/). Just solve the ten Wipeout Pure related anagrams below, mail them to me with your name, forum nickname, and postal address at infoxicated@wipeoutzone.com and I'll choose the five lucky winners at random.

Closing date is the 1st of April, so you have a week to get your entries in - Good luck!

BURIED LEG
OAK PARROT
CLASH MAN STOP
BLIND RIOTS TO UP
ALASKA DAMN IN
EDGE HIS SHOT TOM
GOT ON CHURCH JEEP
NASA LAP PUSH
SLOT RACE GOD
RAIN DUCT CRY

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/images/wp_cd_cover.jpg

:D

cal6n
24th March 2006, 04:37 PM
So. Is this a DJ vinyl LP or CD?

infoxicated
24th March 2006, 04:39 PM
ooh - good point, I didn't mention that it's a CD. :)

cal6n
24th March 2006, 04:59 PM
Meh! Well, I might enter anyway.

:p

Lance
24th March 2006, 06:00 PM
OT
DJ vinyl is hard to come by, but i love it. i have a few treasured DJ 12''s that have plain white labels with the artist and title handwritten by the BBC Radio 1 DJ himself.
/OT

dammit, i don't know Pure well enough to just figure out the anagrams without research.

SMThomas
24th March 2006, 06:34 PM
They look tricky but might have a go on them...

stin
24th March 2006, 08:23 PM
Sent! Bloody hard!!! and my head is numb!

stevie:)

Lion
24th March 2006, 08:24 PM
damn, I'm still stuck on one of them :\

Hellfire_WZ
24th March 2006, 08:36 PM
Still got two left, one of them's doing my bloody head in :paperbag

Brianetta
24th March 2006, 09:22 PM
damn, I'm still stuck on one of them :\
Me too.

Lion
24th March 2006, 10:07 PM
got that last one, kicking myself once I spotted it :p *sent*

JABBERJAW
25th March 2006, 01:25 AM
Is this in a cd case or cardboard holder?

eLhabib
25th March 2006, 01:29 AM
As much as I hate to say this, but the second one is wrong, Rob. It would have to be O PARROT KO.

;)

Hellfire_WZ
25th March 2006, 05:26 AM
^ That's what I thought, or is it something else?

Smoothly Does It
25th March 2006, 06:07 AM
No, i think Foxxy spelled it right (not that i'm entering though) :rolleyes:

Of course, there is an easy way to do this, but i'm not going to spoil all of your fun :)

Also you know BLIND RIOTS TO UP makes LIBIDO STUNT PRO? Nice that :)

Sausehuhn
25th March 2006, 09:42 AM
what the...

I think I'm out now already ^^
Don't really get the whole idea behind it. For me just a few words in an unsorted order with no meaning.
Will think about it again, though.

eLhabib
25th March 2006, 11:41 AM
Sausehuhn, it's all about the letters: see what other words you can form with them, wipEout purE related.

infoxicated
25th March 2006, 11:41 AM
The CD comes shrink wrapped in a regular CD jewelbox...

Oh, and there might well be a typo in one of the anagrams... but that'll just make it more challenging! ;)

Smoothly Does it - you should have seen some of the ones I had to leave out - I was originally going to do one for each track in the album, which would have been double the number, but some of the anagrams were just obscene! ;)

Lion
25th March 2006, 12:17 PM
well since "slot race god" can also be "rectal goods" I think I get what you mean ;)
oh, and some of the others were FAR worse

Smoothly Does It
25th March 2006, 12:18 PM
Well isn't this turning awfully silly in a hurry? :)

Task
25th March 2006, 02:26 PM
It would have to be O PARROT KO.
;)

Oh, come now, you can do better than that!

TAP OR ROOK was the best one I came up with.

O RECTAL GODS definitely kicks my arse all over the place though. 8 D

I tell you though, I was stuck IN DAMN ALASKA for the longest time!

Lance
25th March 2006, 03:49 PM
''.. but that'll just make it more challenging!''

LOL

Hellfire_WZ
25th March 2006, 09:58 PM
Right, got my answers in! I was stuck on that ALASKA DAMN IN one as well.

eLhabib
26th March 2006, 09:42 PM
really? I found CLASH MAN STOP the hardest.

Lion
27th March 2006, 01:09 AM
alaska damn in took me more than twice as long as the rest combined :redface:

Mobius
27th March 2006, 03:04 PM
I got alaska Damn in seconds, its just that i can only figure out about 4 of them... :|

xEik
28th March 2006, 09:42 AM
Before I found the correct answer for BLIND RIOTS TO UP I came up with PURIST BLOOD TIN :D

To my shame I must say that the last one for me was SLOT RACE GOD :'(

AmigoJack
31st March 2006, 10:33 PM
this contest put me finally back into the forums :)
i hope i could throw in my answers before the deadline. it was hard, but i managed to solve it fully

Smoothly Does It
31st March 2006, 11:57 PM
Wow AmigoJack, no posts for more than 2 years and yet you knew this was happening? Have you been receiving the newsletter all this time? Nice one! :)

Lance
1st April 2006, 03:41 AM
woah! AmigoJack. it's amazing to see you here again. what have you been doing in the meantime?

AmigoJack
1st April 2006, 06:05 AM
yeah it was actually the mail that came from infoxicated - i guess it was a massmail to all forum users. and the status told me my last visit was about 14 months ago :P dont know why i havent visited this place for such a long time, i guess its a mix of being busy, being on duty and having forgotten :(

im glad to see that someone still knows me. lance, in case youve also forgot a bit over the years - i was the saturn one, which never actually had a <real> game on hands. let me say you: ive finally managed to have a PS2 with W3SE and a NegCon and it really feels very good :) surprisingly i dont show the worst maneuvring. friends actually call me a cheater because of the NegCon *g*

Smoothly Does It
1st April 2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah, there are a few peeps around here who consider using a Neggy "Not quite fair" but they mostly use Dual Shock D-Pads and have really slow times so it's not to worry :rolleyes:

BTW, I had your wallpaper with the cool picture of Arial Tetsuo on as my desktop for ages, so i'm glad to meet you and tell you I like ;)

AmigoJack
1st April 2006, 07:06 AM
thats really charming, thank you. in the end i even meant to not have done a very good job with that. but most enjoying was the font on the white background cause i created that entirely on my own :) i also have another version of the anniversary contribution - if you want to i could try to dig it out in some weeks *g*

also planned to silently make a five-year-anniversary picture - i had some good ideas. but then it all turned out as crap, so i decided to not send infoxicated anything, cause all "prototype" pictures were really lame

Smoothly Does It
1st April 2006, 07:11 AM
i also have another version of the anniversary contribution - if you want to i could try to dig it out in some weeks *g*

Yeah, I would like to see that if it's not too much bother finding it! Happy PC--->:pc

infoxicated
1st April 2006, 01:20 PM
Hey there AmigoJack - welcome back. :)

I sent the mail out to all forum users and had well over 200 that bounced, which is a bit of a shame. Glad you were one of the ones who successfully received it, though.

AmigoJack
1st April 2006, 03:23 PM
had well over 200 that bouncedi know that phenomenom since maintening an own forum. its a pain and mostly because of users which registered, did 2 posts and then never visited again. that makes me think of scripting some routine which estimates the last visit of each user and their total posts. when its all to little or too long in the past, it should not send a mail... oh - and im glad i could keep my email-address for such a long time the same :) ok, its a target for spam, but that doesnt annoy me that much - i rather stay with that account so nobody will lose contact with me *g*

oh - and since you didnt say anything i must have had luck and youre accepting my answers for the contest :) thx

Smoothly: you gotta wait for approx. 2 weeks since my hazardous containers of backup medias are not around me right now ;-)

infoxicated
1st April 2006, 04:18 PM
I wont be checking the entries until tomorrow, so any that arrive with todays date on them will be accepted. :)