PDA

View Full Version : something new for the Shield!!

soloracer24
22nd March 2006, 06:16 PM
I'm not new at WipEout or even WipEout Pure, but i am new to this Forum.
What I've noticed whilst playing, is that when i have my shield activated and then absorb a pick-up, i seem to get more energy back than normal and the shield glows very bright. Can anyone confirm that this does give more energy back or am i delusional, because I've never heard of this elswhere.

Smoothly Does It
23rd March 2006, 03:43 PM
I have noticed the bright glow when doing that yeah, not sure about the extra shield restoration bit though, might need some good old fashioned extensive testing... WOZ style! :rock

soloracer24
23rd March 2006, 03:47 PM
i only assumed it does the extra restoration because i could not think of any other reason it would glow!

Lance
23rd March 2006, 04:00 PM
WOZ style!
never noticed this before: Steve WOZniak. ;D
[though mentioning that particular Steve and 'style' in the same sentence would seem a bit odd.]

JABBERJAW
23rd March 2006, 04:36 PM
I think it glows more due to the shield being lit up while active

Smoothly Does It
23rd March 2006, 04:41 PM
yeah, the absorb animation does glow a bit, you're probably right, just a combination of glows, good thinking batman!

eLhabib
23rd March 2006, 08:23 PM
Don't know about the extra energy, but here's another one: did you notice you can lay mines and absorb them at the same time? Try it, it works! Seems to be a glitch because the mines take longer to use than any other weapon.

soloracer24
23rd March 2006, 08:46 PM
didn't know that. wonder if it works with plasma as well, being that it also takes a while.

infoxicated
23rd March 2006, 09:09 PM
good thinking batman!
LOL :clap

Lion
23rd March 2006, 11:57 PM
the missile allows you to fire it and absorb it too.
the icon stays resident until it impacts and explodes, you can absorb at any time in that period

Smoothly Does It
24th March 2006, 12:14 AM
Well then, here we go, the first techs in pure are revealing themselves, give it 3 months before someone finds pure's spin on brake tapping :pirate

soloracer24
24th March 2006, 11:22 AM
well then, after a bit of testing (non-woz style, i'm sure) it seems that if you press square and circle at exactly the same time, you will absorb and activate the pick-up. it works with any pick up, although it seems harder, for me at least, with the rockets. give it a try, let me know.

JABBERJAW
24th March 2006, 02:54 PM
IF that is true, that's pretty weak. Need a patch!!

soloracer24
24th March 2006, 03:50 PM
have you tried? i'd like to be sure, im not spouting rubbish, or seeing things

JABBERJAW
25th March 2006, 01:28 AM
NO, I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying if that is true, that is a really bad oversight on the testers part. I haven't had time to test it yet.

the_Admiral
25th March 2006, 12:56 PM
Maybe the AI ships have been employing this technique all along, thus making it so hard to blow them up in a race?!? ;)

infoxicated
25th March 2006, 04:28 PM
Cheeky! :)

With their free boost at the start I wouldn't put it past them, though. ;)