PDA

View Full Version : PS1 on PSP

skipper
20th March 2006, 07:42 AM
A friend sent me this link

http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1008889.html

Anyone investigated this further, or know anything more?

Lion
20th March 2006, 09:52 AM
long time no see :)
that's the first I've heard of the necessity to put the ps1 games on umd, I thought they were planning to sell them as downloadable. especially since last I read the ps3 was not going to have a umd drive (which I view as a mistake, because it further marginalises umd movies) let alone a umd burner!

eLhabib
20th March 2006, 12:50 PM
that's a rumor FOR SURE. there is no way Sony will let you burn their sacred UMDs. heck, the would be opening the floodgates to piracy if they did that!

Lance
20th March 2006, 01:48 PM
UMD movies seem to be already going down the tubes to extinction, but that might possibly be an even better reason for Sony to offer games on a soon-to-become-less likely-target for piracy.
maybe?

eLhabib
20th March 2006, 03:46 PM
I don't think that PS3 will have the ability to BURN UMDs...

oh and if there is one thing we have learned from minidisc, it's that small disks in cases just don't sell ;)

Mobius
20th March 2006, 04:08 PM
In the UK, umd movies have sold fairly well, but it isa fledgeling format, liek how dvd was when it originally started. I bought Donnie Darko, and it only had a menu and chapter section, nothing else....I was half expecting that you had to turn the disk over half way through. :)

PS1 games on UMD is a rumour, thats all, but they will be able to boot of the stick as Lion said. What would be nice is that any ps1 games you have can be uploaded and transfered over via sonicstage - like how cd's do.