PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero GX

DB3000GT
19th March 2006, 01:50 AM
We all know the F-Zero series is very similar to Wipeout... and probably just as fast. How many of you guys play GX? Its a fun game but takes getting used to, especially if you put it down for a while and then pick it up and start playing again a few months later lol. I think Nintendo's F-Zero series and Sony's Wipeout series are tough competitors. I like them both just as much.

eLhabib
19th March 2006, 02:14 AM
I played GX for quite a while, but I'll have to admit, it just got boring after a while. The main problem is that the tracks are too easy. The challenge of F-Zero lies in the what, 30? contenders on track with you, so the tracks are designed very wide and smooth. Furthermore, I don't really dig the 'feel' of the F-Zero ships, the are glued to the track and turn way too sensitively imo. F-Zero is cool in a way, but for me, it can never touch wipEout.

Sausehuhn
19th March 2006, 12:32 PM
F-Zero and WipEout are two different worlds. Just because they're both future racers and fast you cannot really compare them.

F-Zero is more a speed-freak. High speed at wide, open, insane tracks with a lot of contenders around you. Speed is the most important thing in this game.

WipEout is more focused on a combination between speed and complex handling on more or less realistic tracks. The game sets value on complex gaming.

Both games are fun, really. And I'm sure it's challenging to fly F-Zero perfect, but imo the game is easier than WipEout. You can learn F-Zero within a few minutes and you're good at the easy tracks.
Now try playing WipEout's easier tracks well when you've never played the game before. I'm sure you will crash into the next wall even when you've played the game for more than just 5 minutes.

You need more time to handle WipEout. You've to play the whole game to handle the game perfect.

Asayyeah
19th March 2006, 07:03 PM
Agree with you Maxx, i ve played Fzero GX for a while, it's a good game but both are different.
As Martin says nothing can compare to Wipeout :cowboy

JABBERJAW
20th March 2006, 12:25 AM
f zero gx is excellent for the fact that you really are getting competition, and the controls are ok, but nowhere near the physics of even fusion. It definitely takes some skill on the tough courses. I bet multiplayer is a blast, couldn't imagine playing against 30 people(having qualifying laps for position). Now quantum redshift, on the other hand, can compare with wipeout, speedwise and handling. Some don't like the tracks, but the layout is perfectly balanced with the weapons it has. Better than pure because of better air control, but no barrel roll. You do however get 5 seconds of turbo per lap witch could be a little more. Most of redshifts courses are difficult to navigate perfectly like wipeout. One downside is the slow speeds really take a long time to get through to get to the fast speeds. You can see the similarities when you play pure and redshift though, probably because they were made by some of the same individuals

Smoothly Does It
20th March 2006, 09:47 AM
I played GX for a while, don't have it any more, it vanished in my purge of GC games ;) I did enjoy the master level when it got really challenging, still the lack of fun to be had in TT helped me get dis-interested quickly. Multiplayer wasn't all that either, the tracks are too wide to really interact too much without weapons as in WO, it's just basically a shitload of rubberbanding :rolleyes: Still, 'twer worth burning some hours on.