PDA

View Full Version : American Fusion review

AmishRobot
1st May 2002, 10:35 AM
EGM gave the game an 8..0, 8.5, and 9.0. Not too shabby. Best scores for the month it looks like, next to Resident Evil GC. I'll pick up the magazine later today and post some more detailed impressions. Maybe it'll mention any minor tweaks for us, the patient. :) (though I don't think they did anything other than fix the NeGcon issues.)

JABBERJAW
1st May 2002, 03:24 PM
one of those idiots said it felt like classic wipeout. They liked it for all the wrong reasons. These guys give some of the worst reviews, so I don't know if this is good or bad, good for sony because it will sell, but it certainly doesn't mean the game is any good(although it is pretty good). These guys gave madden 2001 a 8 or 9 for ingenuity. cmon, the game is great, but don't rate like an idiot. The game should get a 9 or 10 overall but ingenuity should be a 2. They also said f-zero x had better graphics than wipeout 64 -- stupid

Lance
1st May 2002, 11:37 PM
is it always the same person doing the racing game reviews, or do they have more than one?

DGhost
3rd May 2002, 01:34 PM
Is it true that Wipeout Fusion will be release this month (may) in North America by Bam! Entertainment?

AmishRobot
3rd May 2002, 07:10 PM
It was, until it got pushed back to a June 16 release date. :(

Not sure why. I guess we've waited this long...

DGhost
6th May 2002, 12:56 PM
Bah 16 of june is not so bad.... I just bought a new tv for this game.. now in about one month the PS2 price should drop also. So I'll get a PS2 and the only thing that I'll be missing is WipeOut Fusion! :) I've waited 2 years for this game... 2 more week is not gonna kill me... well not yet.. :D

Rob Queste
6th May 2002, 01:09 PM
Why have you waited two years? You could have got Wipeout 2097 or Wipe3out.

Lance
6th May 2002, 02:09 PM
even the people who have every version of wipeout stiLL have to wait 2 years for this game. every version is unique. so we wait

DGhost
6th May 2002, 05:08 PM
As Lance said... yep I already got WipeOut XL (2097 for north america 8) ) and WipeOut 3 (my best one! :D ) I gave my PSX to my brother a couple of months but I kept my WipeOut games to that I coud still play it on the PS2 I wanna buy, just for WipeOut Fusion...

There is no better, futuristic - racing - techno music - AG systems games on the market... it's not a game, it's a way of thinking.... 8)

It's one of the rare game where I can race and really feel the speed of the AG system.

Time to fly!

zargz
6th May 2002, 05:25 PM
any url or naybody can paste the rview here? :roll:

Piranha Advancements
6th May 2002, 06:09 PM
EGM ain't good nowadays as compared to the times where they had Ed Semrad,Sushi-X,Dan Carpenter etc.And sometimes,they have only one reviewer just giving a very short incomplete summary as if he just played ten minutes in the game.

Coupled with the fact that they plagiarize FAQS and brought about the forced retirement of FAQ writer,Kao Megura among others but that's just my beef.Blargh.

Sven
15th June 2002, 09:28 PM
OPM gave Fusion a 4.5/5
only things wrong with it they said: menus weren't as cool, some long load times, a few framerate issues.