PDA

View Full Version : Shields.

Im_too_nice_at_this
6th March 2006, 08:42 PM
Ive noticed that some of us really point out the shield factor on the individual team ships.

I don't think it needs to be pointed out. If youre fast enough or/and manage your shields(super easy!).. the shield factor is/will become for you.. irrelevant!

:banzai

lunar
6th March 2006, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the board. What you say is irrational, though. In Pure you can do a barrel roll move to give yourself a turbo boost. This makes your ship faster. All other things being equal, a ship flying with a turbo will be faster than one flying without. Therefore a ship with a larger shield will be able to do more barrel rolls in a race than one with a smaller shield, and it will therefore be faster. Not many of us would say that being faster is "irrelevant." :)

Airrider
7th March 2006, 09:41 PM
...Which is why I've always been shy to use the Zone Ship. Paper shields are fine if you're the only dude on the track, but I'll take Piranha and it's 3 shield rating. Zip in, roll out, you got 'em.

Omni Requiem
8th March 2006, 01:08 AM
Exactly, it's also one of the reasons why I envy Feisar pilots, they may complain about low speed but when you consider the acceleration, turning and the ability to barrel-roll over and over again, you have a competitive formula.