PDA

View Full Version : Secret Packs for US version?

eLhabib
22nd February 2006, 01:13 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the news on the 'zone? SECRET PACKS? Rob, don't tease us like that! SING!

xEik
22nd February 2006, 01:18 PM
Omega packs for the US, maybe? I know nothing, though...

It's a shame the US players missed those. Although the more I play them, the more they seem not to belong to the WO universe. Mind you, this does not mean that I don't enjoy racing them it's just that they are visually so different that, for me, they will always stay appart from the main game.

eLhabib
22nd February 2006, 01:43 PM
I feel exactly the same way about them.
when we race on xlink, I always try to race each tour at least once, but i usually forget about omega, which shows you that it stands a little apart from the wipEout universe.

lunar
22nd February 2006, 01:53 PM
Omega is amongst my favourites - up there with Classic 2 and Delta for multiplayer. I love Burgertown in my Goteki - so floaty and it feels just right, so "wipeouty". All imo stuff tho. It would certainly be lovely if Omega packs became available for the US version, so all players could play all packs on Kai, no matter what UMDs they own. Whatever, it`s great that new stuff is still coming out. :clap

Hellfire_WZ
22nd February 2006, 02:34 PM
NOOOO!!! Now I'm gonna have to buy the US version as well! :frown:

infoxicated
22nd February 2006, 03:24 PM
Before anyone gets over excited, try not to think of these packs as significantly expanding the game content. Think of them more as not doing that to any extent.

xEik
22nd February 2006, 03:38 PM
Then, maybe there will be some exclusive US music packs. Or the Puma ships with a different branding.

If it weren't for the fact that I only own the EU version, this would be killing me. ;)

Or it could even be that Coca Cola also wants to PWN your US WO games in addition to your JP ones. :p Specially since they are supposed to use codes. :|

username
22nd February 2006, 04:06 PM
i saw it but wasnt really interested as i dont own the american version of the game

Lion
22nd February 2006, 05:21 PM
might as well get this question out of the way now...
will we be allowed to share the codes on here once the packs appear?
I'd rather know now than see posts get altered/deleted later

Thruster2097
22nd February 2006, 07:22 PM
..Think of them more as not doing that to any extent.

Oh I see now, there is no spoon.

Clear as mud, matey. Yarr!:pirate

stin
22nd February 2006, 07:24 PM
Never say never but I`m now as purist;) but again long way to go.........

stevie:)

infoxicated
22nd February 2006, 08:37 PM
might as well get this question out of the way now...
will we be allowed to share the codes on here once the packs appear?
I'd rather know now than see posts get altered/deleted later
I imagine they'll be available everywhere on the internet when it all goes live, so I don't have a problem with it.

Shae
8th March 2006, 02:32 AM
Well, the packs are out for download, and thanks to GameFAQs, I have 4 codes:

Socom 3 pack: X, Triangle, Circle, Square
Jak Racing pack: Square, X, Triangle, Circle
Socom Fire Team Bravo pack: Triangle, Circle, Square, X
Daxter pack: Circle, Square, X, Triangle

Lion
8th March 2006, 04:47 AM
cool, 4 new skins I won't be likely to use, and 4 new ships to fly :)

Guardian:
Speed: 4
Shield: 4
Handling: 3
Thrust: 3
I think this is an Al Vaskei design. both these socom craft have very military boring paintjobs

Patriot:
Shield: 3
Handling: 4
See above

Havenzoomer:
Shield: 4
Handling: 2
Thrust: 2
looks to me like a green, short'n'fat piranha

Daxtinator:
Speed: 3
Shield: 3
Handling: 4
an awesome looking beast... the shape reminds me of an oldschool hotrod, the paintjob is kinda bland though...

eLhabib
8th March 2006, 10:50 AM
uhm, they are not on the official site. I take it you get them on the ingame browser?

edit: just downloaded them. the wallpapers are, well, ugly. the two socom ships are forgettable, but the jak&daxter ships sure are fun to fly and look at. I noticed that the 'daxtinator' has a turning angle unlike any other ship, it really cuts VERY tight, but sadly lacks acceleration. The 'havenzoomer' on the other hand is REALLY big and heavy, but it sure does get pretty fast!

Asayyeah
8th March 2006, 12:54 PM
El could you give me a link where you have downloaded them please ;)

eLhabib
8th March 2006, 01:20 PM
from the ingame browser.

Sausehuhn
8th March 2006, 03:05 PM
are they the same ships as the European ones (from the Omega/Delta League) just with other paintjobs or totally new ships?

infoxicated
8th March 2006, 04:30 PM
from the ingame browser.
The best place. :D

Asayyeah
8th March 2006, 06:35 PM
Ok thanks.

quick question about web browser & my system : How do you do El with DWL not to loose your profile about kai ( ad hoc, usw...) . do I need to change the psp setup by infrastructure mode ?
I must say i have no wifi on my system except DWL especially dedicated for kai, and i don't want to mess things up.

Lion
8th March 2006, 07:39 PM
are they the same ships as the European ones (from the Omega/Delta League) just with other paintjobs or totally new ships?
2 of them, the socom ships, are puma1 type ships, so you already have an idea what they are like.
but the other 2, jak and daxter's.. are both new.

I noticed that the 'daxtinator' has a turning angle unlike any other ship, it really cuts VERY tight, but sadly lacks acceleration.
I managed to set some new personal lap records on phantom with this ship... it's insanely responsive :D

The 'havenzoomer' on the other hand is REALLY big and heavy, but it sure does get pretty fast!it's weight and poor handling actually make it a little bit of a challenge to pilot even at vector speeds :)
I haven't tried it at phantom yet but I imagine it'll be a handful.
the sense of weight to me seems greater even than that of a 2097 qirex

Sausehuhn
8th March 2006, 07:49 PM
*goes to ebay and looks for a cheap copy*

eLhabib
8th March 2006, 08:01 PM
Arnaud, I didn't use the DWL to get my download through infrastructure mode, for that I would have to setup a seperate profile on my DWL and I didn't want to mess things up. I just leeched my neighbour's (unprotected) wifi airport :D

Sven
8th March 2006, 09:47 PM
Hey, new US packs!

Do they have fixed Deltas yet?

*goes to download things*

Airrider
9th March 2006, 08:12 PM
*bangs head against computer in confusion*

rageagainstgeorge
9th March 2006, 09:38 PM
For those who want to download from an official source and can't access it via their PSP:

http://eu.playstation.com/ingame_sites/wop_us/en/downloads/pak_socomftb/data.pspdat

http://eu.playstation.com/ingame_sites/wop_us/en/downloads/pak_socom3/data.pspdat

http://eu.playstation.com/ingame_sites/wop_us/en/downloads/pak_jakx/data.pspdat

http://eu.playstation.com/ingame_sites/wop_us/en/downloads/pak_daxter/data.pspdat

DragonWolf
10th March 2006, 01:16 AM
very nice packs, I don't care if the socom ships aren't that great, I still love them :D good show SL, keep it coming

lunar
10th March 2006, 07:36 AM
the designs are nice, and the green Jak ship is fun to play, but in the end this pack just adds a wacky races theme that the US Version didn`t have before, and doesn`t need. It`s only a short journey from here to have those "double dealing do-badders", Dastardly and Muttley in their Mean-Machine, with special ACME-type superweapons. At least these packs are optional, but I wish we had an option to play the game in "Real AG League Only" mode, while keeping the packs on the disk, in case you needed them for a multiplayer game. My biggest fear for the future of the franchise is that it will lose its identity through being used a vehicle for other products.

eLhabib
10th March 2006, 10:22 AM
+1

btw I deleted the packs after trying out the ships. Not that I would ever use them in a race anyway...

Asayyeah
10th March 2006, 01:10 PM
For those who want to download from an official source and can't access it via their PSP
Many thx R.a.g.
Congrats for your 30.06 on Citta + Porto K and Manor top ( 22.18 :o )

El & Lunar : so it's not only 4 ships !!, is it changing something onto the tracks?

eLhabib
10th March 2006, 02:39 PM
afaik it's only 4 ships and 4 wallpapers

Asayyeah
10th March 2006, 03:36 PM
cool, nothing wrong then. Just not choose them if we don't want to

Riccardo Raccis
1st September 2006, 12:34 AM
Hello again there. Any American here willing to describe the US-only "secret" ships and thingies to little Italian me? What stats do the teams have? What do they look like?

Thank you pardners :cowboy

Asayyeah
1st September 2006, 02:05 PM
no need to start a new thread Riccardo, please use the search function of this forum
btw the stats are listed into that thread.

Airrider
1st September 2006, 04:04 PM
I'll pass. When EG-R, Xios, and a few old-school models make the scene, then we'll talk.

Sausehuhn
1st September 2006, 05:13 PM
Shame EG.r never got into Pure, isn't it?

Would be a nice small addition for another downloadable pack. Especially because there were no new packs released for so long. Small packs every few weeks/months like this would bring new live to the game.

Chill
1st September 2006, 08:31 PM
The EG.r was my favorite craft from Fusion!!! I'd rather that was added than Uber or Tigron.

Zerow
1st September 2006, 11:23 PM
I would've liked Xios most of all to make a comeback.

But the newest entries from Tigron and Van Uber are absolutely stunning, and I'm more than pleased with them.

Riccardo Raccis
2nd September 2006, 12:32 AM
no need to start a new thread Riccardo, please use the search function of this forum
btw the stats are listed into that thread.

I suck.

Chill
2nd September 2006, 12:47 AM
Lol, it's alright, your only human!! Lol!!!

Asayyeah
2nd September 2006, 11:33 AM
No worry Riccardo ;)
you need the time to used to it