PDA

View Full Version : Best time in Vineta K Phantom Class!!!

DjManiac21
19th February 2006, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone!!!

I´m so damn happy! I just got the best time in Phantom Class, Vineta K track so far I got 0.19.58 :dizzy

Well, i must say it took me a couple of days of intense racing to beat this record, you can find a picture taken just recently on the results screen, and i´ll update my ghost to http://defaulted.ath.cx/
I achieved a couple of records but in Vector class, and since i joined this forum i dreamed about getting the best time in phantom.
Well, i don´t want to sound pedantic, it´s just that i wanted to shre this with all of you :D

Onto the next challenge!!!!

DjManiac21 :)

stin
19th February 2006, 08:21 AM
That is a good score but is that free play right? Which I did thought it was supposely about Time Trial scores.

stevie:)

Hellfire_WZ
19th February 2006, 10:03 AM
Holy.... dammit, I'm still trying to break the 20 second barrier! Brilliant time! :)

eLhabib
19th February 2006, 11:43 AM
wow, awesome time djmaniac! which craft did you use? I think sub-20sec times will forever be a dream in my little Assegai...

@stin: freeplay or TT doesn't matter. it's still 1 turbo per lap and no additional help, so it's fair.

DjManiac21
19th February 2006, 12:25 PM
To Stin: Actually Time Trial and Free Play are basicly the same, the difference is that when in free play you get infinite laps but you don´t get a time record for the wholw track, you get just a single lap time. It´s still the same as TT; ONLY THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO RESTART THE RACE EVERYTIME YOU WANT MORE THAN 5 LAPS TO RACE :)

To HellFire: Thanx man, it really took a lot to get there, though it is not impossible, if someone can do it you certainly can too!!! :)

To eLhabib: I used Triakis as i find it very stable, it´s a ship that suits my racing line, but i will say that with the zone ship i got 19.71 which wasn´t good enough so the difference is not the ship at this point... You won´t get the same results with Feisar for example due to its low speed capabilities but if we are talking about 1 point below 5 points in speed i think any of the speed-4 ships will do great. I think Assegai has speed-3 right? Then the problem would be how much speed it loses during turning and how many times you hit the walls.
I´ll try to get a minus 20 seconds time in Vineta K with Assegai.

One quick question: People are still using the defaulted.ath.cx ghosts page? Are we going to get a records page as the other WipEout games? It would be great if it had an Overall Best times in each track, and then each track´s best times for every ship :D

Asayyeah
19th February 2006, 04:06 PM
:o Awesome :o
I know someone from the FFF team ( my friend Del ) who won't particularly be happy by your terrible news ;)
Mine is at 20.09 with triakis with a BR on 1st jump and a 2nd one at the finish helped by the turbo.
I know i need to train myself on it but i am focused on other tracks atm.

DjManiac be sure Infoxx is making all he can do to create those pure tables asap.

Btw you didn't updated your vineta ghost yet ?

stin
19th February 2006, 06:29 PM
Maybe just my old habits through all wipeouts games the likes of WipeoutZone`s original records as single race records and time trials and I thought it`s like we should stick to time trial rules but now it`s changed the new one as now pure free play,

Just call me old fashioned!

stevie:)

DjManiac21
19th February 2006, 10:11 PM
.-.-.

eLhabib
19th February 2006, 11:15 PM
calm down already, it's no biggie. some of the old-schoolers aren't used to free play yet ;)
plus, on the wipEoutzone record tables, records have always been set and will always be set in TT.

oh, and I was pretty sure that you used triakis for your record, it definitely IS the fastest ship for straight tracks like vineta. good luck on beating sub 20 in an assegai tho - I tried it several times, all speed pads, no wall hits, 2 BRs, perfect line. speed 3 just doesn't cut it on the long straights...

DjManiac21
20th February 2006, 12:12 AM
I got the record down to 0.19.53 just yet BTW

I´ll try a little Assegai now just to see what can i get out of it, I agree with you though, speed 3 just doesn´t compete against speed 4 in phantom, straight lines are speed 3´s doom...

I hope I can make it :)

Lance
20th February 2006, 02:46 AM
DjManiac21, stin happens to be a very nice guy, and i think you are seeing a level of negativity that isn't there. most of the anger and sarcasm i'm seeing is in your posts, not his. so cool down.

Dimension
20th February 2006, 10:53 AM
what about the barrelroll boost limit in TT? I remember in the topic about barrel rolls twocking shield energy, we found that below 20%, free play auto restores any lost shield energy, meaning from there more barrel rolls are possible, dunno how much that effects single laps, but might be worth consideration ;)

lunar
20th February 2006, 11:10 AM
Any lap time you can do in Free Play, you can also do in TT. There`s no possible speed advantage to either. If we didn`t allow Free Play times, the consequence would be that players would have to run 3, 4 or 5 lap Free Play-style sessions in TT mode to compete for our lap records - just making things fiddlier and less convenient without any benefit. The game records don`t even distinguish between lap times in TT and Free Play. As for me I wouldn`t know, with many of my times, which mode they were set in; and I`m probably not the only one. Claims that a particular time were set in TT rather than Free Play would be unverifiable, and a "TT mode only" rule would therefore be unworkable. Whatever, congrats on your time DJManic. Though if Arnaud says sub-19 is possible, don`t be too surprised if he actually goes and does it one day. :cold

DjManiac21
20th February 2006, 12:20 PM
Well, as for now i went and had a very long run yesterday night regarding elhabib´s question, and i got the answer. He he told me that sub 20 times where a dream using Assegai, but yesterday nught i spent 205 laps and had a nice surprise :) I got 0.19.53 using Assegai, same as my current record so i couln´t save the ghost file but i took a clear picture so everyone can see it.

@Lance: Yeah you are 100% right, i just put a lot of effort here so maybe I overreacted to his posts, my bad...

@Stin: Sorry bro, never meant to be rude...

@Dimension: There is indeed a limit of shield energy you get in TT, but dont actually use enough BRs to empty the shield energy in a single lap, in fact you have to perform about 8+BRs to get to the critical energy zone so again, Free Run just lets you keep on playing without having to restart. When the day comes to have a Pure Records Table maybe it will be a good idea to ask for a screenshot of the TT results to see that records have been set there if you are willing to have separate TT and Single Lap competitions.

@Lunar: Hey bro! I´m sure sub 19 times are possible, i´ll keep on trying to get there! Thanx for the congrats :D

Here´s the pic i promissed to show elhabib if i got sub 20 times with Assegai:

infoxicated
20th February 2006, 01:09 PM
Heh!

Well done - good picture too :D

eLhabib
20th February 2006, 01:13 PM
wow, very impressive!
I guess I just don't love this track enough to put a greater effort into it, it's just toooo straight for my tastes ;)

say, djmaniac, wouldn't you be interested in playing online over xlink kai with some fellow 'zoners?

DjManiac21
20th February 2006, 01:29 PM
Of course i would like to, the thing is that i just ordered the wireless router, and still i didn´t get the online number Sony i think is supposed to give to you, I don´t really know how it works, so when i get the wireless router i´ll ask for help ok :D Thanx for the invitation!!!! You also havo to explain to me if is not too much problem what is that xlink kai thing :S

@Infoxicated: Thanx bro! I was surpised to see how good i could take the picture since it was 4 am in the morning, i was very sleepy and i was playing in the bathroom :P (don´t ask me why, i just took my PSP with me and got so hooked up i spent a whole hour there)
The white thing at the botton of the PSP is the sink :)

infoxicated
20th February 2006, 03:05 PM
The white thing at the botton of the PSP is the sink :)
So long as it was the sink, that's okay. :D

Hellfire_WZ
20th February 2006, 03:11 PM
Ah come on Rob, there's nothing wrong with a good Wipeout session on the bog. :D

eLhabib
20th February 2006, 03:18 PM
djmaniac, I have no idea what kind of 'number' you mean from sony? note that to play online, you will need either a linksys router or a D-Link DWL122 wireless dongle (which is the cheaper and easier version, around 25 bucks)

DjManiac21
20th February 2006, 03:46 PM
just that? ok great then!!! i´m getting a router in about 5 days then when i have it i´ll let you know :)

@ Infoxicated: hahahahahahaha very funny! I swear it was the sink!!! :D

@ Hellfire: Well that´s correct, sometimes we tend to underestimate that room, but believe me, as worst can come out there also best things can happen, who would say it??? hehehehe :)

Ok, i´ll contact you as soon as i know something else regarding the router, and i already uploaded the ghost file to defaulted, but it´s the 0.19.58 ghost not the 0.19.53, i´ll get the other one there ASAP.

Lion
20th February 2006, 05:53 PM
wow, that's some serious dedication!
when you did that brilliant lap, did either ship (triakis or assegai) have a clear lead in any sections?

DjManiac21
20th February 2006, 11:05 PM
Not really, they went really head to head, the thing is that i could tell when racing with Assegai that i went faster in sections that with Triakis i did a little too much turning, so Assegai would catch up there, but in the end of the lap, especially on the last long section Triakis takes the lead again.

lunar
21st February 2006, 09:22 AM
DJM, just so you don`t waste time trying to make it work, here (http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8757&sid=6dd6b1c42eb31f112583d03ed1f65bc7) is the information on how to use a router to play with your PSP on Xlink Kai. Please note that only a few router models can be used to do this. It may be that your new router is not supported.

If you don`t have one of the supported routers, you will have to use a wireless adapter like a DWL122. Scroll down to the Xlink Kai topic and all the information you need is in there.

The number from Sony is a Network Access code for playing infrastructure mode online games via official Sony servers. You should have got a network access code in your PSP box, if it`s a euro model. Pure isn`t enabled for official online play so the number is no use to you, and this is why you have to use Xlink Kai to do play online. I really hope you can get online as we have some very hot competition going - but it could always be hotter. :)

On topic: Awesome Assegai time. I think a lap as good in Triakis would be down near 19 seconds. How many barrel rolls do you do on a fast lap of Vineta K?

DjManiac21
21st February 2006, 10:14 AM
First of all thanx for the awesoem information, i will read carefully all the info to make this thing work. The network acces code that came with the PSP is a 14 digits number I think, but i cannot remember if i was supposed to get another one... No big deal...
I hope i get a router that is compatible, otherwise i´ll try to do what i can to make it work and join your competition!!!

About the track, sometimes i used 2 BRs, but i got almost the same results, believe it or not... I find ultra difficult the second BR on the section that comes before the second underwater tunnel... Some people said they do a Br after the speed pads using the boost since there are a couple of low hills... I haven´t tried it yet so i cannot tell if that can be a better strategy... Unfortunately i´m damn busy with lots of stuff now so i´ll try to go back to Vineta K for some more racing to see what happens as soon as possible, i just wanted to beat the record at first and then try to make it better... I didnt know if Del Stepho´s ghost was working correctly since he only posted the .gho file in Vineta K and Staten Park and i really wanted to see that ghost racing there :)
So that is why i put so much effort into trying to beat this time...
I´ll try to get more records on the defaulted page later :)

Thank you for your information and hope to join you soon!

Asayyeah
21st February 2006, 03:10 PM
You kicked our arses twice on Vineta Dude ! First by beating Del ( he knows he had issues to upload his ghosts but now even by mailing the man of the site , he cannie delete them. Don't blame him and i can assure you all his times are real. ) and second time by beating your triakis by an assegai. I know what can think El about that , he knows now assegai could be faster than a triakis : don't give him such idea , he is already enough fast on Kai imo.

DjManiac21
21st February 2006, 03:19 PM
Hehehe ok then!!! LOL :D

Listen bro, i´m damn sure ayone can beat this new records now, it is just a matter of how much time has to be invested.
I´m not really saying Assegai can be faster, the thing is that i really dont know:p Tell Del Stepho that i´m really impressed about his times on phantom, I´m planning to go for the Staten Park record next, but i´m still putting some records on vector... Anyway, tell him his an awesome racer, and he can have his revenge when i connect via KAI :D

Anyway, i hope to join you on KAI ASAP, it´s great to hear you are having a great time there! But don´t get me wrong, i could have beaten the records on Vineta K, but I have serious problems playing against other ships, YOU are going to kill me there for sure, at least for a veeery long time until i get a little buffed :D

JABBERJAW
8th March 2006, 09:45 PM
What about your full race records, isn't that what really counts.

Dimension
9th March 2006, 09:40 AM
Damn right Al :clap But that said, this topic makes me wanna pick up pure again :pirate

Asayyeah
9th March 2006, 01:41 PM
You must Ali . Come back to pure please, try to connect to Xlink kai and fight with us.
We are spending such great kickin'ass time there and it won't be finished with all those people ( Al, DjM and others) who will be soon on Kai.

On topic : My race time on Vine is 1.49.34... yeah i know good time but not really perfect .
Del Stepho 's got an excellent 1.46.75 and Parazit too : 1.46.78
Vic Cachou : 1.49.52 and Sleh : 1.51.01.

I ll come back to vineta after my Citta stage...

little off topic : New competitor into ghost site : Saru
He kicked my arse on Chenghou & modesto :bomb
;)

lunar
9th March 2006, 03:12 PM
I agree, Al, but at the moment we have no means of easily competing on race times, like we do with lap times on the ghost site. :D

IMO, Race and Lap times are a different game entirely, because of the double turbo possibility in Pure. There are a few tracks where a double turbo wouldn`t help much, but even on Blue Ridge, with its chicane on the start line, I guess it could be used to advantage. I don`t really know as "Blue Cheese" is the most hideous track in the game for me.

Vineta Race Record: 1.48.40. Not the quickest, but not too bad for a VanUber I reckon. My lap time of 20.9 something in Piranha and Goteki, is woeful compared to the awesome stuff DJM and Del have come up with, though.:clap

stin
9th March 2006, 06:05 PM
My best score atm but not too good 1,50.79 with Triakis, my best lap are eeeerrrrmmmm...21.33 :brickwall. I will get there in the end.

stevie:D

Asayyeah
22nd March 2006, 04:47 PM
19.20 by DJmaniac : one comment : WOW

Lance
22nd March 2006, 05:27 PM
who is mu5? anybody from WZ?

lunar
16th October 2007, 08:16 AM
digging up this old zombie to say well done Mad-Ice: the prestige track of Pure is yours :beer in Triakis and non-Triakis times, and by no small margin either. Fantastic work, though I see Arnaud still has the edge on the lap ;) On the phantom race, what is your BR strategy? Please don`t tell me you are getting the impossible BR off the second little drop. :bat

Rapier Racer
16th October 2007, 09:16 AM
Not impossible! Get enough speed and push that fatties nose up, if an Assegai can do it (50% of attempts work lol) a Triakis can as well.

lunar
16th October 2007, 10:12 AM
I always try the first BR drop and get if quite often, but never try the second one. Maybe it`s more "frustrating" than "impossible", but I doubt I`d survive a Kai Vineta race with two BRs a lap anyway. ;)

Silent
16th October 2007, 07:41 PM
Nothing to say, except a big :clap:

I had to play hours and hours to get the second place behind you, Mad-Ice, with a time behind 1.44, and then you do a 1.42 :dizzy
And congrates to your 0.19.22 on the lap, but I think this one you can do a better time again =)

After a... 210 laps and 1h30mn session last night (geek :dizzy), I only could manage antoher 0.19.48. But I will break it soon :p

And also congrates to you for broke my other speeds records (Venom, Flash, Rapier), I will try to take them back :)

For response to you, Lunar, my times are actually with just two BR's a lap (the first one, and the last with the turbo), and I can do much better :)
So don't desperate, keep trying ! (A good training is to try to do the track without any BR, just for see your level on the curves. Just for give you a target, i could manage a 1.49.00 without any Br. Or you can take a ghost ; i can give you Asa's 19.20 ghost, if you want =) )

lunar
16th October 2007, 08:31 PM
I got a 1.46 in Assegai with BRs only at the first jump. I didn`t BR with the turbo on the straight, because I thought it was just as fast to simply keep low, but probably not ;)

Mad-Ice
16th October 2007, 08:41 PM
Thank you very much Lunar! I never knew about the existence of this tread, just before my time. I did meet DJManiac one time at the European Convention. It was very nice to meet him, he is a great guy, unfortunately he did not play Pure. He did play some real nice tunes while we were playing the tournament. Thanks again DJManiac.

Thanks Silent. You are a fast racer and with the will to drive yourself to your own limit, you will beat me in time!

About the BR strategy: I try them every jump and every lap, however the first jump is easy, especially compared to the second jump. The second jump BR doesn't work all the time and is giving great instability. The trick is to do three BR's a lap, after the second BR jump await your speed given by the boost, then use your speedboost and BR again and try to stay as low as possible. This is how I got 19.29. I too think a sub 19.00 is possible, I am in front of my ghost a lot untill the second BR jump boost. It is so freaking difficult to stay low there to get the next BR and not loose speed which you need to go below 19.00.

As I said before: it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Flashback Jack
16th October 2007, 08:56 PM

I'm tempted to make Vineta K the next Hyperlap Attack. :)

- F

Lance
16th October 2007, 10:31 PM

Monserrat Caballe? or Roseanne Barr? :g

Lion
17th October 2007, 05:28 AM
I'd rather Dawn French be the singing fat lady please.

hasn't there already been a vineta time attack? or am I just assuming that because it's the first track in the game?

Silent
17th October 2007, 11:13 AM
Asa's said me that is 19.20 ghost hasn't the third BR with the turbo. If it was in, the record would be probably below 19^^

After 210 laps with Asa's ghost, I noticed the differences with my own lap :
-Until the first Br, we take the same trace. But Asa's takes the first BR on the right side of the jump, and then go straight to take the bp. I lose probably 5 or 10 hundredths at this time.

-On the second part of the lap, I take him back some hundredths on the high speed chicane qith the two bps, juste before the 2d BR.

-We are almost at the same level (nearly 5 hundredths of late for me) just at the beginning at the 2d Br jumps. This is at this time that he takes me nearly 50 or 60 hundredths with the BR, which i haven't manage.

-After the Br, he takes a really inside curve on the left without the bp for keep all the speed of the br, and then active the turbo at the exit of the tunnel for do a third br just under the floor (there is nearly 1 or 2 second between the turbo and the third br, if there is more that's because you take your turbo too early or too much at left and then you get much more height under the floor).

-But infortunately, he didn't manage the last br, so I could get 20 or 30 hundredths on the last straight line.

That's all^^
I think that the last part of the lap is, except the last br, perfect. With the br, Asa should have done between 18.90 and 19 =)

Lance
17th October 2007, 03:07 PM
I'd rather Dawn French be the singing fat lady please. ~

Is she going to be wearing her Dibley vicar's robes to sanctify this occasion? [Party with chocolate fountain shall follow racing events.]

Lion
17th October 2007, 06:21 PM
I don't really care, just so long as it's not Roseanne (she dropped the last name altogether didn't she? like madonna, except horrible)