PDA

View Full Version : problem with controller pak and wipeout 64

mikeymike
14th February 2006, 09:22 AM
I have a controller pak plugged into my controller for my N64, but Wipeout 64 keeps insisting I don't. I try going into the load/save area of the game to try and get some more sense out of it, but it keeps asking me to plug it in.

Has anyone else had similar issues to this with controller paks and wipeout 64?

I don't have many other games for my N64, one other of which I know uses the controller pak and seems to use it just fine.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2006, 02:30 AM
I have one that says corrupted data? no reason why. Just use another one would be my suggestion

auri
10th January 2007, 02:20 PM
Controller Pak is something different than a Memory Pak I remember and some games really take the difference seriously and will not work with Controller Paks. Turok 2 is another one of those I think.

Bad luck, get a cheap memory card then.
John

Rapier Racer
10th January 2007, 03:11 PM
Wipeout 64 would not work with the controller pak I got with my N64, I do not know if it had anything to do with the fact that the pak was not an official piece of Nintendo hardware or not, corrupted/damaged pak message kept appearing. I bought a new official Ninendo one, problem solved.

I currently have no other N64 games to test the apparently corrupted pak with

Asayyeah
10th January 2007, 05:53 PM
Same problem here with my controller pack ( nintendo original one) but i remember this one was working perfectly years ago but seems it has lost my old savegame so i found a cheap memory card to replace it for 3 euros: the Gold quest on whole challenges has started for me ( 19 awarded the now)

auri
10th January 2007, 09:09 PM
I want the same! I didn't find original memory paks for n64 on ebay today hmmm, I must look again, I only found controller paks

Oh and I think I will try recording from my tv as well, I bought an s-video cable last week, I can already see on the tv what I do on the computer. Two monitors so to speak. Would be cool..