PDA

View Full Version : YELLING at interuptors

JABBERJAW
29th April 2002, 11:59 PM
Has anyone been interupted when trying for a record by a person or a phone call. Have you gotten seriously pissed :evil: about it and yelled at them and had to apologize later.

xEik
30th April 2002, 12:09 AM
Well I voted 'no' but that's not due to lack of spirit. I think it's not worth shouting to people. Most of them can't understand our WO addiction. However, I can scream out of hell if electricity goes down (wrong expression I'm sure :roll: ) or my PSX hangs and I haven't saved some of my progress.

JABBERJAW
30th April 2002, 12:44 AM
I don't think anyone understands it! :D but it is kinda funny watching them shy away wondering what the hell is going on! until my concience kicks in :oops:

Lance
30th April 2002, 03:17 AM
i've had a bug fly almost into my eyes when i was a quarter lap away from a new personal best time. really pissed me off, but i don't think the bug understood what i was saying

Vasudeva
30th April 2002, 06:51 AM
Oh, sometimes my own stupidity is good enough to make me blow it. I'm nearly entering the last straight on let's say Stanza Inter, and realise I'm about to break both lap and race record, and then I slam into the wall, and out of nervousness and irritation hit the opposite wall as well.

Or, another frustrating thing, especially if you fly with Assegai, ICARAS, AG-S or Pirhana. You're about to break your record with a dazzling time, but then your shield energy runs out. Bummer.

V.

Hellfire_WZ
30th April 2002, 10:11 AM
My mum does it to me EVERY time I play Zone. Not only talking to me, but leaning over to get something from my table completely blocking my view of the TV. Gets on my nerves at times...

Bob Todd
30th April 2002, 08:30 PM
My little brother walks across the TV screen w/o warning... v. annoying! One of these days I'ma hit him on the head w/ the controller!

oggob
1st May 2002, 02:07 AM
the telly I use is in a position that no-one will block as there is nothing that anyone will need or have to go by going past it....

as for people annoying me, depends, if i get called away, i'll keep playing and yell back to them to wait, but usually it's not a problem, I can carry a fair converstaion with someone while playing, seems to relax me more and I'll go better...

One instance, few weeks back before getting the level I currently am, while playing Zone, I knew I was on a good run and around Zone 60 called for my mum to come into the room to start the video by recording, it took her about 5mins to get there, by the time she did, died in the 90's, but in all that time, kept calling her to hurry up and so forth... recorded the stats at the end, but it didn't matter any hows... I now push record before playing! :D So in some ways it help me...

Me = strange... :D

Bob Todd
2nd May 2002, 03:50 PM
Zone 90?!!! :o :o :o

I was gobsmacked when I heard about Al's 69 video!

Lance
2nd May 2002, 05:39 PM
now you've been oggob-smacked! :D

and dinna fergit that both he and al are past zone 100 now!

Hellfire_WZ
2nd May 2002, 05:59 PM
Zone 90?!!! :o :o :o

I was gobsmacked when I heard about Al's 69 video!

Oggob's now on Zone 124, the little nutter! BTW, I'm past 100 as well! :D

oggob
3rd May 2002, 06:20 AM
oggob-smacked? :-? dont know about that, seems alittle 'out-there' if you ask me...

anyway, Hellfire is right, I am at Zone 124, Pyro Annarchy, and even better to know that the video of it has been sent and should arrive in the possesion of someone by mid next week. They told me that they could convert it to mpeg for download... :D

based on that, hope you have a cable connection otherwise it could take awhile! :D

Cheers y'all, from the 'little nutter' :P

Bob Todd
3rd May 2002, 09:28 AM
I can't even get past Zone 28 in the second area! http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/kao/otn/pcrying.gif

oggob
7th May 2002, 03:56 AM
now you've been oggob-smacked! :D

I am very thick..... only now did the joke sink in... oggob-smacked > gob-smacked.... very witty...

although, I better pick my game up if I am going to a Trivia night tonight! :-?

Lance
7th May 2002, 01:55 PM
:D
when you get to be my advanced age, the body may slow down, but the brain is as fast as ever... on alternate tuesdays.
thick? you were probably just zoned out at the time

i'm thinking that zone mode is something i'm completely unsuited for; it would be sorta like endurance racing. le quatre-vingt heures du mans. can't do it. my concentration starts going after the first lap. even the 5 laps of a Phantom class race in WO3 seem very long to me

oggob
8th May 2002, 03:10 AM
i'm thinking that zone mode is something i'm completely unsuited for; it would be sorta like endurance racing. le quatre-vingt heures du mans. can't do it. my concentration starts going after the first lap. even the 5 laps of a Phantom class race in WO3 seem very long to me.

depending on the tracks though? i mean sampa run ave lap would be about 40secs, so thats only 3min 20secs.... how is that long???? :D porto kora ends up around 1min 50secs, so there isn't that much difference between them...

but quite right, zone is the enduro races, all of them can take upto 10mins for 1 race, what I find though is uptil Zone 30 on A1 i'm not even thinking about the race, it just happens and when I do hit 30 I seem to get ready for the real race.... it's like a F1 warm up lap! :D lol...

Lance
8th May 2002, 09:52 AM
it's probably more to do with the continuous repetitions rather than the length of time. already by halfway into the second lap with no AI ships to fight with, i start losing concentration. which is a bit odd cos i can sit there for an hour doing a two-lap race over and over again on the same track while trying to shave tenths of a second off my race time. if it weren't for that, and my ability to think uninterrupted for hours while designing a car or an airship or something, i might think i had some variety of ADD

oggob
9th May 2002, 03:28 AM
Well everyone is different and I guess Zone and things like that I am comfortable with, not everyone can sit still for long periods of time, in the one race...

But I am much like yourself on Wip3out, could sit all day trying to get a tenth quicker or something, can't do that on Fusion in Time Trial, it's just harder to do in Fusion, guess that's why I can sit and play Zone all day...