PDA

View Full Version : Is this a rare edition?

Cobol
13th February 2006, 02:28 PM
Just curious. Everytime I've seen a Wipeout PAL version it came in the standard single CD european box with one manual written in 6 different languages. But this one I've got comes in a double CD box with 2 manuals written in 3 languages each one. Since I had never seen it before I wonder if it is a rare edition.

One side of the box:
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wopal10yd.jpg

The front cover (notice that it's a bit wider than usual):
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wopal29so.jpg

The CD and 1st manual (the CD is on the left side instead of the right one):
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wopal39td.jpg

The 2nd manual:
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wopal42ee.jpg

jonestm
13th February 2006, 03:14 PM
Don't know if it's a special edition.
Looks good though...

Task
13th February 2006, 09:30 PM
Two manuals?

What's in the second manual?

Lance
13th February 2006, 10:05 PM
'' with 2 manuals written in 3 languages each one.'' instead of one manual with data in all six languages.

Task
14th February 2006, 12:47 AM
Ah, I see. First manual has 3 languages, second has a different 3 languages.

I was having trouble parsing that sentence the first time. 8 P

Still, that's definitely a different version of the game than I've ever seen/heard about. I would guess an early printing of the game after long-box format.

Sausehuhn
14th February 2006, 05:50 PM
*sees one special person controlling his shelfs and vitrines searching for this edition. Gets excited. Gets nervous.
Finds the copy*

Why I'm that sure that this person has this edition as well?
Hm... maybe because he has almost all versions?!

;)

JABBERJAW
15th February 2006, 01:05 AM
Ha!! I do not have this version. I do have a twisted metal/wipeout cd case like that and wonder if someone modified it, but with two manuals it doesn't look like it. There's another one I don't have. I think that's around 7. wipeout xl greatest hits, wipeout pal psx-the double case one, wipeout 2097 saturn AU, wipeout AU PC, wipeout pure/stealth eu/au(same thing, no rating difference), wipeout 2097 german PC(german writing), wipeout pure AU. I think I have the rest. Does anyone have these versions or access to these versions they would like to sell?

G'Kyl
15th February 2006, 04:44 AM
Al, if you like I could try and get my hands on a German 2097 PC box. Just give the word and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

username
15th February 2006, 07:17 AM
i dont think that it is a rare edition but just in an older style box as said above :bat

Shem
15th February 2006, 08:01 AM
*the coffin opens, a vampire-like creature goes from horizontal to vertical position as if dragged accompanied by the devlish soprano choir*

Hey, that's the exact version i was babbling about on these forums on every occasion! Al, maybe we should talk....

*the same scene, on reverse*

eLhabib
15th February 2006, 09:18 AM
hey Shem! nice to see you back!
so, you only come out at night lately? ;)

Shem
15th February 2006, 10:45 AM
hehe, no, not really man, it's just that i've finally got some time to spend!
and yo, nice to see you and the old gang too!

Daylight
15th February 2006, 01:01 PM
Mine's like that too. It has room for two cds but only comes with one (Like Krazy Ivan if anyone ever played that one). Quite silly building the box like that imo

eLhabib
15th February 2006, 01:11 PM
IIRC, a lot of the really old PS1 games were boxed like that. I remember my PS1 copies of Twisted Metal and Wing Commander 3 had similar boxes.

Cobol
15th February 2006, 02:30 PM
Sorry if I didn't explain right what were the contents of the two manuals. The pictures are to blurry to notice, but if you look at the first manual there is a red space at the left bottom corner. In that red place it's written in white font "volume 1". Under that line it's written "english french german". The second manual has got a green space which says "volume 2" and at the bottom it's written "spanish italian dutch".

I remember that the standard european jewel cases were not available for a short period of time because they ran out of stock towards the end of 1995. During that time, the jewel cases were replaced by digipacks (cardboard boxes). Maybe the double cd boxes were used too for that period of time.

Sausehuhn
15th February 2006, 03:45 PM
Al, you've got the Wip3out Soundtrack as well?

Damon
15th February 2006, 04:20 PM
During that time, the jewel cases were replaced by digipacks (cardboard boxes). Maybe the double cd boxes were used too for that period of time.

That is exactly what happened.

JABBERJAW
16th February 2006, 03:50 AM
I have the wipeout 3 soundtrack. Does anyone have the carboard box version? I also have the wipeout pure soundtrack(although I hope there are not two versions of that one as well!)

The Gracer
31st January 2007, 09:53 PM
its not a special version to commemorate its release as a platinum title is it? i dont really know, i just saw all the silver and thought 'mmmm.....platinum...*drool*' just a suggestion - i dont really know. :)