PDA

View Full Version : wip3out on epsxe

CR4SH3D
10th February 2006, 11:35 AM
theres a million threads on the net about this but i figured you guys would know exactly how to do this ;) being fans and all

trying to get wip3out to run on my laptop through espxe and it crashes everytime i go over a check point, i created an .img file and unticked the read sub thing and it come up with an error at teh same time it normally crashes and then quits

if anyones got this to work properly id love to know exactly what to do guys, thanks

Task
10th February 2006, 02:56 PM
I'm afraid most of us make it "work properly" by playing it on a Playstation...

There are a couple "emu people" around though, there's a chance one of them might reccommend something. My experience with emulators tells me that if it doesn't work and you've got the latest version, then it's not going to work.

CR4SH3D
10th February 2006, 04:37 PM
yeah its not a ROM or anything, i have it on my PS1 but laptop on the move and such, plus graphocly it looks pretty sweet

ill wait see if one of them posts

Sausehuhn
10th February 2006, 05:33 PM
I just found the answer on google - one search and finished.

I hope I'm allowed to link to other forums, if not delete the link, please.

here's the answer (http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/68138-wip3out-crashes.html)

CR4SH3D
10th February 2006, 06:21 PM
I just found the answer on google - one search and finished.

I hope I'm allowed to link to other forums, if not delete the link, please.

here's the answer (http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/68138-wip3out-crashes.html)

yeah i found that but im not sure it worked, ill keep trying, thanks

Lion
11th February 2006, 11:08 PM
can you please list the epsxe plugins that you are using?
versions too please

username
12th February 2006, 04:18 PM
where can you get this emulator thing from, does this mean that you can play ps1 games on a computer? if so how do i get hold of it please :hyper

Lion
13th February 2006, 09:44 AM
firstly: google is your friend :P

then: http://www.epsxe.com/, plus find a copy of the scph1001 bios from the playstation, and grab a good selection of plugins, ngemu.com is a good resource

username
15th February 2006, 07:15 AM
thankyou, but maybe i dont like the idea of it! something gives me the idea that it wont work properly.

Lion
15th February 2006, 11:10 AM
of course you can't use it's times in the tables, but 2097 and 3se run fine in epsxe for me, I played it a lot with a dualshock2 hooked up via an adapter.

since I last gave it a go I bought a playstation and a negcon though, so there's no going back.
also I have a new video card and now prefer an xbox360 controller over the dualshock2+adapter.. so the emulated game experience might be a little different.

the smoother edges on all the polygons make it look much better though.
oh, and in 3se it sometimes struggles with the tv screens... particularly on ubermall.
it's like it had an infinite reflection thing going on and crawled in those areas.. though an updated video plugin helped dramatically for that for me

Sausehuhn
15th February 2006, 03:21 PM
is it better with the Xbox360 Controller? And do I have to buy an adapter if I want to use the Controller with a PC? I've heard it's normal (mini-) USB, so there's no need of an adapter, or is it?

And by the way:

... particularly on ubermall.
you're sure it's not Megamall? ;)

Lion
15th February 2006, 05:21 PM
one guess which wipeout game I've been sinking the most time into ;)

I haven't tried using the xbox360 controller with epsxe yet, but I use it for trackmania nations and it's a lot more comfortable for that than I found the dualshock2. it's a very nice controlpad when compared to anything I've previously used be it on consoles or PC
yes it uses a standard (non mini) usb connector ("Type A" I think it is)
apparently the cordless controller comes with a USB lead for charging... I have been told that the cordless version can be used with a PC via this lead as a wired controller. if you intend to buy an xbox360 this may be a better option

Sausehuhn
15th February 2006, 05:45 PM
no, I just thought about a controller for PC games.
And I'm sure the Xbox360 Controller has good quality and is better than most other products, because they put alot more work into it than into a normal PC Controller (because it's designed for a gaming console that does not work without it).
And if it's really that easy to use with the PC, why not buy a Xbox360-Controller instead of anything different that could be crap?

I will think about that :rolleyes:

Lion
16th February 2006, 02:42 AM
I have:
a logitech cordless wingman rumblepad
a dualshock2 controller with a BOOM usb adapter (shows up as generic GIC controller)
a saitek joystick which unfortunately doesn't twist
an xbox360 wired controlpad

I like to use the saitek for crimson skies (the original, oldschool!!)
but for everything else I prefer the xbox360 controlpad. it's about the right size and shape for my hands
conversely the logitech is too big, and I find dualshocks are angled wrong.. makes me feel like it's trying to keep my elbows too close together... but it's still more comfortable than a PSP or neGcon :p

eLhabib
16th February 2006, 12:05 PM
you still play crimson skies? SWEET! I used to play that A LOT! the xbox version looks a bit better, but doesn't come close to the gameplay of the PC classic!

CR4SH3D
16th February 2006, 09:05 PM
sorry about the late reply
im using v1.6 of espxe

petes opengl 1.76
epsxes cdr wnt/2k 1.5.2 (although i tried a few others and error stil happened)
petes dsound
sch1001.bin

so yeah thanks guys

Hellfire_WZ
16th February 2006, 11:31 PM
Try using Mooby's CD plug-in instead of the standard one, it's ideal for running multi-track CD images. You can also try Pete's D3D plug or the newer OpenGL plug as well, but definitely start with the CD one.

XR_GTR
17th February 2006, 12:19 AM
the smoother edges on all the polygons make it look much better though.
oh, and in 3se it sometimes struggles with the tv screens... particularly on ubermall.
Ubermall? Don't you mean Mega Mall? If memory serves me correct, Ubermall was only in Wipeout Pure.

Lion
17th February 2006, 10:37 PM
And by the way:
you're sure it's not Megamall? ;)
one guess which wipeout game I've been sinking the most time into :p
this has been covered, yes I R made mistake :)

Jazznaz89
26th February 2006, 03:38 AM
sorry about the late reply
im using v1.6 of espxe

petes opengl 1.76
epsxes cdr wnt/2k 1.5.2 (although i tried a few others and error stil happened)
petes dsound
sch1001.bin

so yeah thanks guys

I had the same problem. Turn off rumble support in the controller config. It may or may not work for you, but give it a shot.

Sausehuhn
8th March 2006, 05:31 PM
okay, now I tryed by myself (with WipEout3 :SE) and... well... I'm too stupid to make an iso-file. I made one (but it doesn't end with iso) and epsxe does not accept it.
Okay, so I try booting from the CD. And: Tada! It works.
So far.
Well... till I'm in the menu and it plays the demo-movies, but then I can't do anything. oO

It does not accept my keyboard. So I get into the game but can't do anything.

Where could the problem be?

PS: 1st the game ran too fast, with another driver it has the right speed now - I use the drivers that are in the options described as "epsxe team suggestions" or something.

And btw: music isn't supported. Does anybody else has this problem?

edit:
ok, now it works. I made an img-file and now it works.
The keyboard is accepted and I also get into the game.
But when I select a race it loads without end so I've to shut down the emulator.
does anybody know what to do?

edit
after trying I think all drivers I know now, that the problem I had was definitely caused be these ones. No I use "E}l{'s Soft Driver 098" and it works fine.
Ok, the quality/resolution is just crap, but this is because the TV-resolution is actually bad as well (in 1999 there weren't video games supporting HD^^).
I noticed that the drivers working with OpenGL (or had "OpenGL" in their names^^) have definitely the better resolution, they're nice and do support sharp edges.
But they're too fast. Even when you set the FTPs to a defined level it doesn't work for me.

Mano
10th March 2006, 07:52 PM
You can use a negcon with pc, i used to play that way until i bought a PS again (yes wipeout made me do it :D)

you only have to make sure you buy a playstation to usb adapter with negcon or steering wheel support, do a search on the net, i made my own adapter (was a printer port one) so i really dont know/remember what usb ones are compatible.

good luck.

Sausehuhn
10th March 2006, 08:30 PM
nono, I just wanted to try if it was realisable to run my beloved WipEout 3: SE on PC to make a few screenshots and stuff. But the resolution is so bad, so I the wohle thing isn't really interesting for me anymore (this could be changed if someone would make an online-multiplayer hack/patch).

One more thing that would make the wohle thing interesting for me would be changing the resoltution of the bitmaps and their color depth. But I don't know how this could be made.

It's cool to play a short race while sitting on the PC in between, though.

Mano
10th March 2006, 08:51 PM
Sausehuhn:

my post was directed to the thread author you thread hijacker!! ;)

now lets see if i can help you; i have played 3SE with epsxe with no problems with many plugins, and from what i can see you have already tried petes opengl and d3d plugins, theres no reason why your pc shouldnt work with those ones, try other setting within those plugins, i ASSURE you the resolution is A LOT better than on a regular playstation+tv, and i mean any kind of tv, just put the resolution to something like 1024x768 + antialiasing an hi textures, play with the settings, you will be surprised.

Sausehuhn
10th March 2006, 08:57 PM
*hihi* Sorry ;)

I think I used nearly all drivers, but the problem with the OpenGL pluins is, that they run too fast. I tryed alot of different settings but they don't work. The resolution is really good with these plugins, but I can't do anything with these as long as the races are that fast that in comparisson even zone mode is slowly.
So I use another driver that features the normal TV resoltution - just stretched so you see all the pixels.
I'm not the only one who has this problem. A friend of mine had the same.

Mano
10th March 2006, 09:02 PM
i have to go to do some stuff and will be back in a couple of hours, i remember playing it in opengl at correct speeds, will help you as soon as i come back, if you want leave me your hotmail address in a private message so we can talk in messenger.

see ya later.

Sausehuhn
10th March 2006, 09:25 PM
it's all in my profile :)
but I'll go offline now. It's 11:30pm over here.

Thanks for your help, though, we will talk another time :)

Lion
10th March 2006, 10:32 PM
heya, I've setup 3se in epsxe again (I've lent my 3 original disc to a mate) and I'm using a full set of petes plugins. I have his opengl2 plugin active, and it ran at ~2x speed for me too at first
that was all fixed as soon as I ticked "Use FPS Limit" in the middle of the dialogue box, it's set to auto on the right

if you like I can screenshot and upload my settings

my system: p4 2.4c@3.0GHz, 1GB ddr400, GeForce 6600GT 128Mb AGP

it's amazing playing it again now after a long time away... this game looks incredible at high resolutions!!

ps: has daemon tools 4 removed the analogue audio option that the earlier versions had?

Sausehuhn
11th March 2006, 10:42 AM
I'll try the FPS-limit (I already did, but maybe with the wrong settings).

And btw: do you want to change your PC with mine? :rolleyes:

edit
Okay, I changed the settings and now it all works fine, thanks :)
But I can't play the game at high quality settings, cause my PC (GeForce4, 512MB RAM) is too bad for those :(

username
11th March 2006, 11:38 AM
is there any chance you could passte a screenshot in paint and post it here as a jpeg or bitmap image so i could please see what it looks like?

Lion
11th March 2006, 12:05 PM
username: check this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3126) for some epsxe shots