PDA

View Full Version : Playing Pure through external speakers....

fusionfrenzy
4th February 2006, 12:36 PM
This morning I tried playing Pure through some cheap battery-operated portable speakers, and the sound quality is amazing. The music even sounded pretty good, nice and bassy, and I've never been a big fan of Pure's musical catalogue.

Imo better than headphones because you don't feel totally cut-off from the environment around you.

Does anyone else play with some mini-speakers, or know where I could pick up some more durable ones?

Sausehuhn
4th February 2006, 01:02 PM
I do.
Between two speakers, so I have full stereo.

I will buy a special cable soon, so I don't have to use my cheap, old computer speakers anymore but my stereo system that contains better speakers etc.

And now when you're sitting between these speakers, turn up bass and of course the volume and you hear a bomb exploding you think you're really in the game.
It is a whole new game experience

SMThomas
4th February 2006, 01:07 PM
I got speakers that I can use (mains powered they are) and since they sound better like you said, I think I can try them out with my pure game (and Lumines too plus other PSP and *cough*DS*cough* games).

Hellfire_WZ
4th February 2006, 05:03 PM
I've got a external-audio cable that lets me hook up the PSP to my 2:1 computer speakers without having to unhook them from the PC, and the sound quality is out of this world. You can really hear the bass difference between the PSP's speakers and a good set of proper speakers.

Lion
5th February 2006, 08:03 AM
I occasionally hook pure up to the stereo in the lounge here, usually when my flatmates aren't home.
it really makes pure take on a new level of audio awesomeness :p

username
5th February 2006, 10:23 AM
i got the old speakers from my old parents computer, and it has a massive sub-woofer. when playing pure and having messij belting out full whack, it sounds amazing! i like the sound when you hit a bomb, the floor vibrates like mad!

stin
5th February 2006, 03:34 PM
Sounds really good and I will need to try that tonight hopefully!

stevie:)

username
5th February 2006, 04:16 PM
YYYEEAAHH!!! way better than those nasty tinny speakers inbedded in the psp, mind you: if they were big ones, 1. the psp would look terrible, 2. the battery would die in about 30 mins!

exarkann
5th February 2006, 06:30 PM
occasionaly i'll hook my psp up to my home theatre system. 4 12in woofers(none of those silly mini-speakers for me), full 5.0 surround running dolby prologic 2... it sounds amazing.

username
5th February 2006, 09:31 PM
try doing the same when playing on gta liberty city stories: it is as if you are in a real city, with all of the cars beeping at the red lights!

SMThomas
6th February 2006, 04:51 PM
I tried Pure with my computer speakers and they sound great! Fantasic sound quality compared to my headphones.

I also tried Spiderman 2 UMD with my speakers and it sounded like a cinema! (except for the subwoofer that is...)

Tried a UMD with your speakers yet?

username
6th February 2006, 04:56 PM
no, but i will be sure to, thanks SMThomas :)

Lion
7th February 2006, 05:11 AM
I watched Hackers on UMD with the sound through my 6.1 computer setup. only got played at 2.1, but it's still a big improvement over headphones or the built in speakers

Piranha5p33d5
7th February 2006, 11:57 AM
Fantastic idea!!! I never quite thought of hooking her up to something with a little more in the beef department.

Nifton
27th February 2006, 10:41 AM
You inspried me, I'm running my psp through a mixing desk, playing it through an amp and some studio speakers, and also channeled into the PC, then back out through a set of 5.1 alteclansing dipoles using the pc to create a virtual 5.1!
(That's a total of 2 subs, 5 tweeters and 7 mids)
I had a day off work, i get bored easy, lol. sounds really clear though, I wouldn't have thought so much effort would have gone into the audio when its main function wasn't to be hooked up to large systems.

fusionfrenzy
1st March 2006, 10:32 PM
That's the problem with Burnout Legends, the sound quality is horrific. Hook it up to a speaker and it's like listening through a tin can or something *shudders*.

Sausehuhn
29th January 2007, 07:18 PM
Just hooked up my PSP to my 4-speaker stereo system, turned bass and treble to maximum and volume to loud (and I mean loud).
God that's unbelievable. You think you're really in the game. The bass even makes speed pads and shields to something big. Not to mention every weapon that hits an opponent. Cause these explosions will blow your mind. A bomb is so damn loud and makes your whole body shake.
The bass makes it a Dolby Surround cinema movie you're part of.
Woha that is the way to play WipEout Pure.

But be sure to close windows and don't play that way at night, cause you will probably have trouble with your neighbors. :D

infoxicated
29th January 2007, 07:55 PM
It would be cool to play Wipeout Pure on one of those natty gaming chairs with the subwoofer built into it. :)