PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Classic game!

Superfreak
31st January 2006, 08:11 PM
:pizza :pizza What is ur idea 4 a game that involves all classic race tracks, ships and other stuff.

Rouni Kenshin#1
1st February 2006, 12:31 AM
It would be a good idea because it would give those of us who haven't played the oldies what there like and bring back memmories for the vets but a lot of that has been done with pure.

I think that the best way to do that would be to release and expantion disk that must be bought for pure that when you put the disk in it moves the files on the psp but encrypts them so they can't be spread except by those who would go out of there way to hack it.

it would be nice but a compleatly new game seemes unnassary i it was only used for the best of.

Lion
1st February 2006, 01:29 AM
I think an awesome option would be to get access to the previous wipeout games in their original forms by completing certain tournaments in an all-new wipeout game.
something equivalent to completing an ascension tournament
w'o" for vector, 2097/xl for venom, 3 for flash, 3se for rapier, fusion for phantom (something this recent is probably pushing it though)

make it something that can NOT be opened with cheats, so people actually HAVE to play through to open them all.
it would also be a way for ntsc territories to get 3se

this is a pipe-dream though

Superfreak
1st February 2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah. I think that maybe, u should be able to have all of the ships, all adjusted to the fusion graphics along with all da trax. I agree that cheats should be banned.

Airrider
1st February 2006, 07:59 PM
I agree. How about something like the Game and Watch Gallery games, where you could play the original games along with updated versions?
Either that or something like Mario Kart, except the original ships would make a comeback along with the original courses.

0llie
1st February 2006, 08:43 PM
theres cheats?

Rouni Kenshin#1
1st February 2006, 09:27 PM
none that i know of and i hope it stays that way.

username
4th February 2006, 03:26 PM
i think that the old handling system from 2097 should be baught back, dont you think?
also i would like to bring back the 3,2,1,go! instead of ready go!

hhhmmm: less bottoming out, but still maintaining that flowing feeling from 2097. imo pure does not feel bouncy, or flowy enougth to make it wipeout and there is WAY too much bottoming out!

CR4SH3D
6th February 2006, 03:13 PM
yeah i loved the little digi guy/girl on 3 that started the races

Lance
6th February 2006, 03:31 PM
that character is copyrighted by Designer's Republic, and can't be used without their permission which they almost certainly would not give unless they were doing the 'identity graphics' for the game, which is highly unlikely since Sony now seems to prefer doing everything in house.

CR4SH3D
8th February 2006, 10:59 AM
thats a real shame, DR kinda helped loads towards the whole "wipeout" feel

Jittery-Joe
15th February 2006, 01:47 PM
It is, it is...
A classic game would be a great Idea, but I'd prefer to see it done a bit like 3se, rather than a gallery style, which would get round the Fusion Weapons problem...

Wow, It's been a while since I last posted...