PDA

View Full Version : has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull???

username
31st January 2006, 11:40 AM
here is a wierd question, but has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull?
i know it certianly has for me as i have around 3 cans a day! lol.

but in want to know if it has for anyonelse...

element42
31st January 2006, 12:34 PM
The first time I tried Red Bull was indeed after seeing it in 2097, I had never heard of it before. I was so bad at the game then I figured an increase in my reaction speed would help. All it did was make me need to pee more. Very useful.

username
31st January 2006, 01:55 PM
yes, i seem to have that side efect. anyways. the only reason i drink it now is because i like the taste of it! lol

kowareta|vojeet
31st January 2006, 02:44 PM
@topic
No.

@Taste
Magicman tastes better! :D

Lion
31st January 2006, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it was in WipE'out" (at least on saturn) too, because that's what first made me aware of it.
I originally thought red bull was a made-up thing for wipeout, so when I first saw it in a shop I was like OMGWTFBSHAX and bought some. it wasn't available here till about a year after I first saw it in game.
These days it's still my favourite of all the energy drinks that are available here.
Sadly though the bottles here recently changed in size from 330ml to 250ml, so it's now the same size as the cans but for ~50c more :(
And did other countries have the maximum daily intake change a couple years ago from 5 cans a day to 2? The recipe didn't change, only the recommended maximum cans per day

exarkann
31st January 2006, 07:47 PM
yup. i had no idea what redbull was untill i saw it in xl... now i'm immune to caffine. games combined with my 2000-2004 stint in the "rave" scene saw to that...

granted, here in the states our version of redbull is watered down considerably. i did get some from a psytrance party that was imported from thailand and it was all syrupy and stuff, good kick though.

now i just mix my redbull with skyy vodka ^_^

Lion
31st January 2006, 07:59 PM
krätendang (sp) (the thai imported stuff) doesn't taste any stronger to me, if anything slightly more watery!
and I prefer mine with 42below vodka ;)

Sausehuhn
31st January 2006, 08:40 PM
krätendung sounds like Krötendung... what means (warning, dictionary) "toad muck" in german :dizzy

Lance
31st January 2006, 09:20 PM
maybe the second one is more accurate? ;D

eLhabib
31st January 2006, 11:58 PM
I LOVE Red Bull! You know, it's an Austrian product, and it was around about 2 or 3 years before 2097 came out, so I was pretty wowed to see a product from my country being advertised in my favorite videogame! Now (of course not only due to the ingame adverts) the whole world knows it, and it definitely still is the best of all the energy drinks out there!

However, username, having THREE CANS A DAY doesn't sound healthy at all! :D Maybe in England you have a watered down version, too, but just one can of the original Austrian Red Bull can keep me up all night!

Lion
1st February 2006, 01:18 AM
is it possible to send red bull via the postal system? if so I'd be interested in buying a can of austrian strength if you could send it elhabib :) I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs etc on top of the price of the drink (btw: if anyone is interested it's ~$3/can in my currency ($NZ))

eLhabib
1st February 2006, 01:26 AM
haha ok I can do that! although you wouldn't be able to open the can anymore, because it sure gets thrown around a lot halfway around the globe! but first, make sure there really is a difference between the Austrian and the Australian version :D buy a can and tell me what it reads on the back, I'll compare it to a local RedBull can, okay?

Lion
1st February 2006, 01:40 AM
you would ask for that on the first day in months when I have no empty cans sitting on my desk or in my car :P
will see what I can do

username
1st February 2006, 09:57 PM
I LOVE Red Bull! You know, it's an Austrian product, and it was around about 2 or 3 years before 2097 came out, so I was pretty wowed to see a product from my country being advertised in my favorite videogame! Now (of course not only due to the ingame adverts) the whole world knows it, and it definitely still is the best of all the energy drinks out there!

However, username, having THREE CANS A DAY doesn't sound healthy at all! :D Maybe in England you have a watered down version, too, but just one can of the original Austrian Red Bull can keep me up all night!

waterd down?? WATERD DOWN!?! i think not young man! (assuming that you are younger than me (15)) lol.
i dont think it is waterd down, i usually cant get to sleep until 4 am! WTF!
anyways, what-ever dont kill me - only makes me stronger..... eerr...right...
(the room falls silent, with the odd cough)

eLhabib
1st February 2006, 10:35 PM
I am 23, and yes, some countries (like the US, for example) do indeed only sell a watered down version of Red Bull. I do not know if that also includes the UK (where you live, if the information in your profile is correct), but judging by the fact that you drink 3 cans a day and NOT go totally hyperactive (or maybe you do?) makes me think so.

lunar
2nd February 2006, 12:11 PM
I have tried both the Austrian original Red Bull, captured in a service station near Imst, and the British import variety, and I am pretty sure that they are both exactly the same animal, though I can`t be totally certain. But you can get immune to the stuff. When I first drank it I would be high as a kite for a while, giggling like a kid, but then I started needing more to get the same effect: the typical path of the addict. I`m generally off it now, at least for “recreational” use ;) The only Red Bull imitation I`ve found which can rival the original in taste and effect is Blue Bear, which you can buy in Spar shops in the UK. The name is a shocking rip off, but, beware, this stuff kicks! Red Bull and some of its imitators can certainly be lifesavers when working with lack of sleep, or driving through the night.

And it certainly is one of Austria`s greatest gifts to the world, along with Mozart, who was 250 years old last week. Having produced 41 symphonies and 600 works by the age of 35, he was probably drinking the stuff too! What a guy! :clap

I had no idea what Red Bull was until a while after I had first played 2097. Advertisers note: it did NOT make me buy any. Not a single can. :)

username
2nd February 2006, 04:21 PM
i would like to see it available as a downloadable pack for the wipeout pure game.

Lance
2nd February 2006, 05:34 PM
a downloadable six-pack? ;)

Lion
3rd February 2006, 03:30 AM
we can only buy it solo, 4 packs (cans) by the case (24 bottles) or by the tray (24 cans) so no 6 packs here sadly.. But I have bought at least two of each of the available package types :P

elhabib: I found the makeup of our cans, care to compare?
Apparently it's made in Austria, then imported to Australia before making it's way to New Zealand. no telling (yet) if it's watered down or not though

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Sucrose, Glucose, Acid (Sodium Citrates), Taurine (0.4%), Glucuronolactone, Caffeine (0.03%), Inositol, Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pantothenic Acid, B6, B12), Flavours, Colours (Caramel, Riboflavin)

USAGE: 2 CANS MAX. DAILY. PASTEURISED. CONTAINS CAFFEINE. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN, PREGNANT OR LACTATING WOMEN OR CAFFEINE SENSITIVE PERSONS

Serving size: 250mL
for ease of notation I'm gonna just separate the per can form the per 100mL with a /
Energy: 480kJ/192kJ
Protein: 0g/0g
Fat-
-Total: 0g/0g
-Saturated: 0g/0g
Carbohydrates-
-Total: 28g/11.3g
-Sugars: 27g/10.7g
Sodium: 200mg/80mg
----------
Taurine: 1000mg/400mg
Glucuronolactone: 600mg/240mg
Caffeine: 80mg/32mg
Inositol: 50mg/20mg
Niacinamide: 20mg/8mg
Pantothenic Acid: 5mg/2mg
Vitamin B6: 5mg/2mg
Vitamin B12: 5mcg/2mcg

eLhabib
3rd February 2006, 11:26 AM
alright, I will buy a can today and compare.

username
5th February 2006, 09:29 PM
when looking on google i found a pic of a can of something called: red bull exreme, i dont know if it was fake but it looked really good if it was!

JABBERJAW
7th February 2006, 01:52 AM
Absolutely, didn't even know what it was. I don't like it much, but I drink it before running(skiing) races and speedworkouts. It definitely works

username
7th February 2006, 03:32 PM
lol, works very well!:D

eLhabib
12th February 2006, 04:29 PM
hello, I am back from snowboarding week! Sorry for the delay on the Red Bull comparison, will buy a can tomorrow morning ;)

Asayyeah
12th February 2006, 06:43 PM
Red-Bull is not imported in France due his supposely too many mgs of caffeine. :bomb What a pity.

I luv this energy drink, his taste is so 'special' and fits perfectly to the Wipeout universe and definitely belongs to it.

on the 12's cans pack i ve brought from my recent Scotland trip, i actually spared 6 cans , and 2 of them will be drunk tonight , dedicated to a friendly wipeout pure session with my mates

Lance
12th February 2006, 08:49 PM
Arnaud, it is yoU who fit perfectly the Wipeout Universe.

friendly racing sessions, yes, indeed. :)

---------

btw, according to the official count, this is my five-thousandth post on the WZ forums. the switchover point to the current final uppermost category. Rob is going to have to add a higher classification now to keep the categories endless. ;)

G'Kyl
12th February 2006, 09:21 PM
Well, let's hope there will be a book one day: "Lance Price - A Comprehensive Collection of Forum Letters from the Moderator from Hell". ;-)

Ben

JABBERJAW
13th February 2006, 02:35 AM
Lance Price: "Greatest hits collection", or in the Pal Regions "platinum edition posts". Wow! congratulations, I think :)

G'Kyl
13th February 2006, 06:44 AM
In PAL regions, shouldn't it be "Greatest hits collection: SE" if anything? ;)

Lion
13th February 2006, 09:41 AM
definitely platinum :)

Lance you're on 1/100th gold for (music) records right now, platinum pilot at 10000 posts maybe?

eLhabib
13th February 2006, 11:11 AM
ok Lion, I bought a can of true austrian Red Bull and compared. And yes, our stuff IS more powerful:hyper
on your aussie can it said this:

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Sucrose, Glucose, Acid (Sodium Citrates), Taurine (0.4%), Glucuronolactone, Caffeine (0.03%), Inositol, Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pantothenic Acid, B6, B12), Flavours, Colours (Caramel, Riboflavin)

on my austrian can, everything is the same, EXCEPT

-Taurine (1,2%)
-Caffeine (0,08%)

which means that our original Red Bull is roughly 3 times as strong as the export version.

YEAH.

lunar
13th February 2006, 11:29 AM
Good research :) I just checked a UK can, and it`s the same as NZ. What the hell is that about! This could possibly be in contravention of the European Single Market Treaty ;) We are in the EU too, and we DEMAND the real thing!!!! :pirate

Lance
13th February 2006, 05:23 PM
is the Austrian can exactly the same overall size as the others?

-------

[Greatest Hits/Platinum Edition equals Bargain-Price Price?]
[10000 level could be called Notorious Blabbermouth, or Verbal Diarrhoeist. :D ]

Lion
13th February 2006, 05:54 PM
el: any chance I could get you to send me a can (or 4;)) of the real-deal?
if you have paypal I guess that's the easiest way to pay you for the can(s) and shipping? it's payday tomorrow so I could do it then if you PM me details

lance: platinum edition is the asia/pacific equivalent to the north american greatest hits. games that sold well that are rereleased cheaply to get more stocks out there

Lance
13th February 2006, 06:14 PM
yes, Lion, i know; the question mark was only to ask if it were truly a bargain. self-deprecation on my part. :) [is even bargain-price[d] price cheap enough?]

[takes a slug of concentrated tea, since he doesn't have any Red Bull][damn it's cold here, by Florida standards]

eLhabib
13th February 2006, 11:31 PM
Lance: yes, austrian Red Bull also comes in the standard slim 250ml energy drink can.

Lion: I will ask at the post office tomorrow wether I could send you a 6pack of the real deal.

username
14th February 2006, 02:16 PM
wow, i NEED to have a go at the real deal red bull!! when i get some cash i will be in contact almost certianly

Mobius
14th February 2006, 02:49 PM
Do they sell the origianl version elswhere in Mainland Europe? Im off to Germany and Poland in as part of a school trip and I want to try it.

eEeEeeEEeeeeEEEeee! << (Possible result of consupmtion. Oh noes this sounds like I am on drugs!)

Sausehuhn
14th February 2006, 05:47 PM
eL, here in Germany we should have the "real deal" as well, or not? I'm pretty sure, cause you're acting hyperactive very fast after 2 cans or something ;)

*wonders why people are so excited about that Red Bull stuff*

Btw.: there're no-name-products as well, they're much cheaper but the taste is the same (not sure about the ingredients, though)

G'Kyl
14th February 2006, 06:30 PM
Saying they taste the same means you are definitely no die-hard Red Bull fan! ;-) What's special about that stuff? Well, it tastes great! :) Although caffeine doesn't seem to have any effect on me in terms of keeping me awake or getting me into hyperactive state. I can drink cans of coffee or Red Bull and still go to bed and fall asleep within five minutes. Bad thing when you need to stay up and work late. ;)

Ben

eLhabib
14th February 2006, 07:37 PM
I totally agree with you, Ben, the taste of Red Bull is worlds above all the other energy drinks (which, btw, are all just followers of Red Bull, but never managed to get the same taste, effect, or reputation).

Sausehuhn
14th February 2006, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry ;)

I haven't taste it for months now. So maybe I'm wrong.

or my taste buds are just bad... I even don't notice the difference between Coca Cola Light and the original Coca Cola :dizzy

Note: Coca Cola's taste is different in most countries - so just comment when you live in Germany ;)

G'Kyl
14th February 2006, 09:09 PM
But Coke light is just SO disgusting! ;-) Seriously though, I can't stand it. I had a bottle of it once without realizing it wasn't "the real thing" and thought my Coke was spoiled or something. *g*

Ben

Lion
14th February 2006, 10:35 PM
red bull holds at best, 3rd place in the energy drinks market here... or did when i was doing some work at coca cola last year
first is "V" which is available in original (apple, I think), blackcurrant, and berry
V absolutely Dominates the market here
then comes Lift+ which is the coca-cola product. it tastes like nothing else I can think of, and I used to prefer it to red bull, now I find it too sweet
red bull was third at the time I was working there, but a long way behind the others, and since then, coke has released another brand: e2 energy, which has done very well here as citrus and berry flavours. I find them too sour. their impending release is how I came to hear about the status of that market

as to the flavour of coke, I can't stand diet coke (as it's called here) and they just brought out coke zero, which is another sugar free product that's meant to taste "just as good as the real thing". I haven't tried it so I can't comment. it's obviously meant to fill the same gap as pepsi max was.

internationally: I don't like the flavour of australian coke, I can't put my finger on why. and I think the american one is sweeter than ours

Lance
14th February 2006, 11:02 PM
American 'Coke Zero' tastes exactly like 'Classic Coke' to me. first no-sugar version that ever has come even remotely close. if there is any difference at all, it might be that it feels a little less dense while it's in your mouth, not quite as heavy, but the taste is the same.

G'Kyl
15th February 2006, 04:42 AM
Is Lift+ a conventional energy drink? Unfortuanately, we don't have that in Germany, so I never heard of it before.

username
15th February 2006, 06:44 AM
i dont know if i am digging myself into a whole here, but even though its offtopic i think that pepsi max tastes better than classic coke - but for some strange reason i find that the GB coke tastes better than the american (florida) coke, i dont know why though!!!
thought i might bring this up too: i dont know if any of you in florida have noticed but i think some of the cheap candy from wall*mart tastes like salt :dizzy

Lion
15th February 2006, 11:04 AM
there's never been classic coke here. there's just coke.
it's tasted the same my whole life

G'Kyl: yes Lift+ is a conventional energy drink... guarana, caffeine etc.
I think it's only sold here and in korea.. maybe also in australia

Sausehuhn
15th February 2006, 03:42 PM
We've a product named "Lift" here as well... but it's just apple juice mixed with soda... so no real energy drink :rolleyes:

Lion
15th February 2006, 05:11 PM
"Lift" here is quite a nice lemon flavoured softdrink, I am told that it's the same as Mello Yello was when that was last sold here many moons ago, but my memory of mello yello has it a lot sweeter.
"Lift+" is a totally different flavoured product

Lion
21st February 2006, 02:52 AM
Lion: I will ask at the post office tomorrow wether I could send you a 6pack of the real deal.what became of this eL?

Roger
21st February 2006, 07:05 AM
Weird stuff. Redbull's FAQ states that the only ingredient that differs around the world are some of the vitamins. Wikipedia's entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_bull) also says that a 250 ml serving of Redbull contains one gram of taurine.

As to the reason why Redbull isn't sold in France, again according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_bull#Potential_health_risks), it's due to soft drinks aren't allowed to contain taurine in that country.

I'm not into energy drinks (other than coffee) but another austrian brand I've tested is Bomba (http://www.bomba-energy.com/). Cute bottle!

Lance
21st February 2006, 08:36 AM
weird. taurine is the ingredient that cat food cans proclaim is included to ensure proper urination in cats.

eLhabib
21st February 2006, 11:06 AM
oops sorry for the late replay, Lion. The prices for sending a sixpack over to aussie land are way beyond what you'd want to pay, for one can it would be around 24 euros. IF they allowed me to send it - there are special rules on sending food and organic goods, and since the austrian version isn't legal in countries other than austria AFAIK, chances are, it never gets to you and you lose 24 euros. furthermore, I would probably have to wrap a lot of protecting material around the can so it arrives at your place safely, pushing the price up even more.
If you want to take a chance, I will do it, but I can't guarantee it arrives at your home in one piece, or even at all.

Lance
21st February 2006, 03:42 PM
kiwi land :)

username
21st February 2006, 03:55 PM
lol, i havent had red bull for quite a while now, and today was the first in quite a while. when i had my can before school today my results went higher than ever! even in maths wich i am usually terrible in! so i reccomen a short breakand go back on it, it makes a massive difference!

Lion
21st February 2006, 05:15 PM
aussie land
kiwi land :)
sweet :) someone from overseas who knows there is a difference ;) to us we have quite different accents and the two nations are very competitive (like sibling rivalry)

chances are, it never gets to you and you lose 24 euros.that sucks :\
probably not worth it.. amazing that it's so difficult to internationally send a can of red bull, yet another friend was able to send a can of whale meat from japan with no issues...
customs for teh lose

username
21st February 2006, 09:17 PM
yes, there are some silly laws in the world arnet there!

piranha wiper
22nd February 2006, 03:23 PM
waterd down?? WATERD DOWN!?! i think not young man! (assuming that you are younger than me (15)) lol.
i dont think it is waterd down, i usually cant get to sleep until 4 am! WTF!
anyways, what-ever dont kill me - only makes me stronger..... eerr...right...
(the room falls silent, with the odd cough)

LOL we got the 32mg per 100ml red bull so i doubt its gonna be watered down, thats like at least 2 cups of coffee certainly aint one

stupid laws, bah, anyhow, coffee inspired me to drink red bull, and TAURINE IS NOT MADE FROM BULL'S TESTICLES LIVE THE RED!!!! (aparently women make taurine when they are pregnant, interesting fact 12) somedays i have a can of the good stuff before bed time, but everyday a cup of joe

username
22nd February 2006, 04:01 PM
women make taurine when they are pregnent? maybe red bull is made from pregnant women lol btw: over here we also have 32mg per 100ml of red bull, so it might not be that much differene

Rapier Racer
22nd February 2006, 09:15 PM
I remember reading that a bunch of girls were trying to sue Red Bull claiming it had made them pregnant, uh sure, that side effect is listed on the can right?

username
22nd February 2006, 09:24 PM
meh! what rubbish. it can not make anyone in the entire world pregnant, why dont they slap a disscalimer saying:
may cause:
death, paralysis, loss of limb(s), pregnancy, and any other effect that is un-desirable.

i think that they would be pretty much coverd for everything then

Lion
22nd February 2006, 09:27 PM
did they claim that it had rendered their birth control medication ineffective?

username
22nd February 2006, 10:33 PM
i could understand something like that, but not that it directly made them pregnant

Rapier Racer
23rd February 2006, 10:42 PM
I believe it was a group of american cheerleaders, I'm trying my best to find the article,

piranha wiper
24th February 2006, 02:11 PM
it was probably the cheerleaders drinkin too much they got incredibly active and horny and forgot the condoms lol

anyhow, taurine was first discovoered in ox bile (ox = tauro) taurines found in urine, muscle liquids, lungs and nerves of many animals, u can eat it from organ meats like liver and shelfish, also its been used to help with diabetes, epilepsy, congestive heart failure and cystic fibrosis

thank you wikipedia lol

RED BULL'S 19th BIRTHDAY THIS YEAR!!! not sure when tho

Mobius
24th February 2006, 03:03 PM
19 years, erm...thats older than I thought it was.

[unfunny joke]
"Red Bull gives you zimmer frames..."
[/unfunny joke]

Anyway, you heard that the F1 team have bought out Minardi and renamed them to Toro Rosso, I mean that's just unimaginative...

username
24th February 2006, 06:01 PM
lol, 19 years... wow, i thought it was 8 at the oldest!

Dimension
27th February 2006, 10:16 AM
I tried Red Bull for the first time just the other week, just made me kinda twitchy and made my hands a little shaky when I picked up my Neggy. Maybe the real effect was delayed though as a few hours later, went back to W3O and set a new lap record at Terminal lol. On the taste, wasn't too impressed, didn't find it entirely undesirable, but it was far from "yum"!

Asayyeah
27th February 2006, 05:59 PM
And what a F***** New lap & record race Alistair :clap
6 tenth better for the lap and more than 2 seconds for the race : congrats sir.
Red Bull improves your reaction time like they say and for sure i agree :banzai

Wanna makes me happy ? Just join us on Xlink Kai with Pure . I know you love your neggie as much as i am , but please give it a chance to Pure and Xlink. We need your skill on Kai bud :guitar .

Lance
27th February 2006, 08:10 PM
so far, nothing has inspired me to drink Red Bull; i'm a tea drinker. the farthest i've ever gone down the caffeine trail was to Jolt Cola, and i had never even heard of Wipeout before it was gone from the local stores. but bloody hell, if this stuff really works, i may have to try some. i suspect that Alastair was just having a better focussed session than usual. i hope. i don't want to be spending my food money on Red Bull instead of hotdogs and pancakes. ;)

username
28th February 2006, 05:03 PM
hehe it certianly does work, and very well for me ;) for best results i find if you wait 1min 13secs after downing the can in one go. that is when you get the energy rush :)

Dimension
9th March 2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah Arnaud, I'm gonna make an extra effort in the near future to get online with pure, gotta race you live in/at phantom mate... at purE PK or summat :rock Am I right in assuming that since I have a US PSP, even if I get the euro version, I can't race the euro pilots online? To stop this getting too spammed, can someone post a link? Cheers, the european Al ;)

eLhabib
9th March 2006, 10:19 AM
what version your PSP is doesn't matter AT ALL. Only important thing is that you have the same version of purE, but since Arnaud, Stin, Lunar, me, and some others have both the euro and US version, that shouldn't be a problem.

Smoothly Does It
9th March 2006, 10:45 AM
Cheers eL, I'll be getting my **** sorted soon.

Dim

Asayyeah
9th March 2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah Arnaud, I'm gonna make an extra effort in the near future to get online with pure
UK flesh team ( :redface: ) is growing & growing

Cheers, the european Al ;)
If your name was Stair, Ali it should make A.S. like me me and Al .
Can you picture that ! You remember Lance 's theory about initials ... :sonar

lunar
9th March 2006, 02:49 PM
Yes the AS initials are definitely part of it. ;)

Great news if you get online, Dim/Smooth. Too often it`s just me against the FFF :) and I need backup, though we have recently added a few more UK wipers. here (http://www.liebreich.com/LDC/HTML/Opinion/Iraq/Breach.html) is some inspiration for you, Shakespeare`s famous "once more to Talon`s Reach" from Henry V.
;)

Lance
9th March 2006, 03:46 PM
once the battle is over, be sure to read treaties very carefully.
befOre quaffing the brew.

Smoothly Does It
10th March 2006, 09:30 AM
Man, my Pure game's been deleted (byebye Zone records!) and I've had to go back to square one, reminding me how much I hate pure's slow leagues, this got me wondering whether or not you guys race in those leagues, just so I know before I go dishing out for whatever I need Broadband included :o

Wow, sifting through the **** on getting on this Kai thing makes it look a ****ing nightmare, I understand I need a second wireless NIC on top of the router and one I already have in my compy? Meh, starting to think I can't be arsed already lol :/

Cheers, Ali Stair ;)

eLhabib
10th March 2006, 10:20 AM
It's not as complicated as it sounds. All you need is your PC connected to the internet, whatever way you prefer (modem, wireless, router, whatever), and then a D-Link DWL122 to connect your PC to your PSP. The setup is hard to figure out by yourself, but with help from the Kai people (Arnaud, Lunar, me) who also use a DWL122, it shouldn't take more than half an hour, so don't worry.

And no, we never play vector or venom on Kai. Mostly phantom, and maybe some rapier or flash races for fun (destruction derby).

Smoothly Does It
10th March 2006, 10:24 AM
alright, cheers eL, was worried and I saw on codejunkies, their dongle as I was looking round, thought of taking that route, dunno how viable that option is though :dizzy I see (when looking up the DWL122) that it's basically the same idea so no worries :)

eLhabib
10th March 2006, 10:33 AM
basically the same does not necessarily mean it's gonna work. there is only a handful of wireless cards that are compatible with xlink, and the DWL is definitely the cheapest and easiest option, seeing as it's USB and you won't have to open your PC to install it, so I would suggest you really try and get that one.
Once you have it, just contact me on msn and we'll rush through the setup.

username
10th March 2006, 03:54 PM
so to play on kai i need a dwl122 usb wireless adaptor, where can i get on of these from?

stin
10th March 2006, 04:19 PM
There is the link for you= Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000E5SF4/qid=1142010897/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/203-3206086-2631146)

stevie:)

username
11th March 2006, 08:49 AM
cool, thanks Stevie :)

The Gracer
28th January 2007, 04:47 AM
I originally thought red bull was a made-up thing for wipeout, so when I first saw it in a shop I was like OMGWTFBSHAX and bought some. it wasn't available here till about a year after I first saw it in game.

Yeah, thats right. I was too young to be drinking 'energy enhancers' but i remember thinking sony and psygnosis were taking over the world.
Now im hooked on the stuff. :D
There was even a poster on the fridge it was in that said 'Improve reaction times!'
Thinking about this makes me want to try WipEout while drinking red bull. Hmm.

Lance
28th January 2007, 04:07 PM
Bourbon and cola works better for me; caffeine for alertness, alcohol to be relaxed instead of jittery.

Thanks for bringing this thread back on topic. :)

ixnine
13th August 2007, 11:39 PM
It's funny you ask this question. This game did in fact get me to drink Red Bull. lol.

zargz
14th August 2007, 11:52 AM
after 2097 I tryed red bull but here, in sweden, it's bitter :blarg
in thailand - sweet! :D
well .. too much sugar so ..
nop I didn't get hooked on it.

piranha wiper
15th August 2007, 03:47 PM
i got home from work today, and bought a can of red bull and i find an email reminder of this topic, oh how i love to come home get a can of red bul and enjoy with a cig as in the words of solid snake

"you may know alot about science, but you sont know how good a cigarette taste with a can of cold red bull"

Dr. Angryman
15th August 2007, 09:41 PM
Does Red Bull taste good? :?

Mark Of Insanity
15th August 2007, 09:59 PM
Not really (particulary the lite version, ewww), but with cigarettes it's different. Better imo, but that's up to debate. Red Bull is pretty syrupy in taste (not texture) but it has it's own taste that I can't really explain. If you have had Red Bull, it's easy to understand the taste. Because it's not as sickly as I make it out to be, lol.

Personally, I enjoy Red Bull for it's energy boost, but the drink's taste I do quite find I have a tongue for.
So I'm going back on what I said and now saying that it tastes pretty good (If a bit sweet)

Medusa
15th August 2007, 10:37 PM
I love the taste of Red Bull, it's like an extremely tingly pop without much sugar taste. I swear it starts absorbing into your bloodstream as you swallow. Esophagus - nerves - veins - heart - YIPPEE!:bat

Lance
16th August 2007, 02:14 AM
It must be a different mix in every country.

Medusa
16th August 2007, 02:22 AM
It may be that I am just addicted to caffeine, too. "Who never knows" as Asa says. I drank coffee long before I drank Red Bull.

Lance
16th August 2007, 03:12 AM
I'm stickin' with tea.

Red Bull sounds pretty awful. They paint their DeHavilland Vampire really well, though.

stin
16th August 2007, 06:11 PM
I don`t like Red Bull cos it`s taste pretty shite! but my wife drunk three or four cans per day!!!:o

Medusa
16th August 2007, 09:32 PM
Three or four!! Is she still alive? If I drink one can on an empty stomach I sometimes think my heart will explode, tickety-tickety-boom.

stin
16th August 2007, 09:38 PM
LOL!

Well, she told me, she drunk at one time was eight cans!, so yes, that`s alot!, but!, I do drink another energy drink called Irn Bru 32 and I only drink one a day.

phl0w
16th August 2007, 10:07 PM
Well, being from Austria I grew up with that drink. Despite being available everywhere, drinking it, let alone liking it, was kinda taboo. In school there were those that drank Red Bull and those that didn't. Much like the ones that already smoked and drank alcohol at 12. It was a long, hard road to establish the drink in society. Although I drank it occasionally when I could afford it (it was much more expensive back then, even though it still sets you back much more than any other soft-drink, ~1.20Eur/can), it wasn't until I was like 16 that I began to drink it on a regular basis. That was like in 1995. I always liked the taste. When 2097 was released and I saw it was sponsored by Red Bull I somehow felt proud. ^^ Pathetic, I know. It's just that there was no such thing as product placement back then in videogames and I somehow felt more connected to reality yet immersed, when playing the game. It was awesome. So, no, I'd drunk Red Bull long before 2097 but it definitely helped to keep my dose up ;)

Btw, in Austria, in addition to the god-awful sugar-free one, we also got big cans with more caffeine. Are they available in other countries too?

stin
17th August 2007, 06:45 AM
Yes, sugar free is a light blue colour type of a can but it`s taste pretty vile compare to the original can. Yes we do get slightly bigger can but hardly any gas at all! But why is that?:?

Cos, I do normally drink a slightly bigger can of Irn-Bru 32 but it`s the same taste than the original size, so that`s why I`m confused for Red Bull!.

Asayyeah
20th August 2007, 12:46 AM
Btw, in Austria, in addition to the god-awful sugar-free one, we also got big cans with more caffeine. Are they available in other countries too?

I ve drunk those big cans of redbull ( twice size than normal ones ) while i was in usa, i haven t checked the caffeine ratio for them but was extremely surprised discovering there were other energy drinks and same size as the big cans of RB containing over than 180 mg of caffeine.
Please Al correct me if i am wrong.

Zerow
22nd August 2007, 08:36 PM
I haven't tried Red Bull yet, but 2097 has certainly given me more than a little urge to since I've started playing it again. :)

phantom
24th August 2007, 12:21 AM
Bourbon and cola works better for me; caffeine for alertness, alcohol to be relaxed instead of jittery.

Hmm, i drank lots (9 cans, so just short of 2 liters) of vodka and redbull in one night. The relaxant effects of the vodka and the stimulant effects of the active ingredients in the red bull counteracted eachother.

Basically, i was ready to pass out, but i couldnt, i just got back up again. But now, like someone said, im immune to caffiene, it doesnt affect me, anyone else in the UK should know about relentless, its twice the size of Red bull, but still in a can, and with Guarana and 'glucuronolactone'. I dunno what that is, but if it has more than 12 letters, its gotta be good, right? It actually doesnt affect me anymore, apart from the time i drank it with lucozade. Never again.

But i did find random cravings for red bull when playin 2097, or just after playing it. Subabliminal messaging, i guess.

Mark Of Insanity
24th August 2007, 09:08 PM
I had some relentless today, great! And I didn't use any of the energy high, yay!

Ugh, don't mix Red Bull and alcohol - your heartbeat = woooooo

phantom
25th August 2007, 10:10 PM
i found out why UK red bull is so weak as compared to the european version, an 11 yr old allegedly died after drinking a can, so they had to tone down the caffiene and taurine content. Its possible that he had a condition that made him sensitive to it, but seeing as it went undetected for 11 years, its difficult to tell whether anyone else could have it.

Yay for relentless!!!

Vincent_VII
9th February 2008, 03:11 AM
Red Bull is the only energy drink on the market that gives me enough jolt to stay awake. I have tried many others but non work as well as Red Bull.

I say that but a Redeye from Starbucks will do the trick. But it's not really an energy drink.

And no, 2097/XL did not inspire me to drink it. Actually, I am not even sure if Red Bull was available in my part of the US when XL was released.

Chill
9th February 2008, 04:16 AM
It did for me... not the game itself, but all you guys here in the forum... and that was a good thing, cause it's my favorite energy drink now... and whenever I drink it, Wipeout absolutely has to come to my mind, their's no way around it!!! It give me the rush similar to the game itself...

ayeonich
9th February 2008, 09:30 AM
I'm with lance on tea. It's the only energy drink for me. Not only do I think it tastes better (and is probably better for you) it is the ONLY drink that gives me any energy. Coffee, energy drinks, colas do absolutely nothing for me. Well energy drinks can tweak me, get me all jittery and s**** but they don't give me any energy.

One day at work I was dead tired so my boss gave me a red bull, I was half asleep all day twitching like I was having a seizure. (Funny thing, that was the day after I saw that movie Crank, witch had some product placement with red bull too.)

username
9th February 2008, 10:03 PM
Wow i remember making this topic a few years ago! good to see it alive again lol.

Now i dont have 3 cans a day, just 1. i must hav spent soo much on the stuff, but i work now as well so its only my money.

Found a new drink i like - mountain dew. Its not available in the UK since 1995 or something, so i get a load shipped over. Lovely!

I remember the old days when i was getting into modern art - i would have the wipeout 1 soundtrack playing, a can of red bull, and some TDR stuff in front of me to copy ideas from!

Look at my wall covered with TDR stuff..
[Link] (http://a484.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/60/l_d447ca3f048a5891665f7f6b9069377b.jpg)

Asayyeah
10th February 2008, 01:43 PM
Wow looking so cool on the wall :+

Medusa
10th February 2008, 04:49 PM
Nice posters!! I was searching on the www for tdr posters the other day, hoping for some random W3O memorabilia to show up. No luck.:frown:

The only wo poster I've got is the one that came with WO64.

Alex_Se
11th February 2008, 01:02 AM
Woah that's awsome! Drinks can really give some inspiration.

Jake
21st February 2008, 02:41 PM
I drink tons of the stuff. I don't drink alcohol much (and can't at the minute due to meds) so I usually have RedBull when I'm out instead.

Relentless is good, but I have a feeling the caffeine content of RedBull is much higher. Good stuff. Also, I don't think I would have made it through any of my education without it!

Vincent_VII
24th February 2008, 05:57 AM
I saw a huge can of Red Bull at the store today. It was the size of a Monster or Rockstar beverage. Brain seizures anyone? :robot

MRcool2035
25th February 2008, 06:25 PM
here is a wierd question, but has 2097 inspired you to drink red bull?
i know it certianly has for me as i have around 3 cans a day! lol.

but in want to know if it has for anyonelse...

ouch, enjoy your soon to become apparent health complication from having an overexposure to taurine.

RJ O'Connell
27th February 2008, 10:57 PM
Never had the chance to drink Red Bull and play Wipeout XL at the same time - wouldn't that be complicated though? Then again, that's what bendy straws were invented for XD But it did inspire me to get a hold of a Red Bull. Of course, when I first played Wipeout XL, it wouldn't have been good for me at that age. X_X

Rapier Racer
28th February 2008, 03:53 PM
I don't really know if it's good for you at any age :) I drink it nevertheless.

AG-wolf
22nd July 2008, 02:40 PM
Red Bull supposedly hit the US market in 1997, but I don't recall seeing it til nearly 99 or 2000 (could even have been later, not sure). Prior to that, I loved XL and when I played it, I just figured "Red Bull" was some kind of fake in-game advertising to sort of build up the atmosphere of the game.

Then I saw a can in a store for the first time and went apeshit because I didn't know it was real.

I've tried other energy drinks but none of them ever actually tasted good (ugh, Rockstar, Monster, they're all retarded). I honestly like Red Bull's taste. As far as functionality goes, I don't have one arbitrarilly to stay awwake, I do drink one if I'm gonna be doing something that requires strong focus along with quick and accurate response time... lately that tends to be Wipeout, and that's about it :P

I also like it with Svedka Citron Vodka; quite a common drink when I visit a good friend of mine, and I'll spare the details of what usually follows after a couple of those :P

I drink the sugar-free version.

Pic: 'tis a beautiful thing indeed.

RJ O'Connell
23rd July 2008, 09:04 PM
Personally, the 8.3 ounce Red Bull can is just the right size for a drink that potent. Now I'm seeing them being phased out (at least in every service station I went to on the trip to upstate NY) for the 16 ounce can, IMHO, that's way too much.

Also, has anyone tried the old, old-school incarnation of Red Bull in the stubby, golden can?

Darkdrium777
24th July 2008, 03:31 AM
I never tried it.
The name's Red Bull but I keep imagining a bull flavoured drink... o.o
What's the actual flavour?

eLhabib
24th July 2008, 09:45 AM
very sweet.

rdmx
24th July 2008, 11:17 AM
Wikipedia: "The drink is intended to taste like mixed berries" :)

Asayyeah
24th July 2008, 02:16 PM
Imo the taste of RedBull is guarana mixed with marchmallow.

AG-wolf
24th July 2008, 04:38 PM
Red Bull tastes like Red Bull.

no other way to describe it really.

kinda like how Moxie tastes like Moxie... Arnaud remembers that, huh? ;P

Mano
24th July 2008, 07:09 PM
I never tried it.
The name's Red Bull but I keep imagining a bull flavoured drink... o.o
What's the actual flavour?

Wikipedia: "The drink is intended to taste like mixed berries"

Perhaps it tastes like bull´s berries??

RJ O'Connell
24th July 2008, 07:14 PM
Zing! Good one Mano ;)

Darkdrium777
27th July 2008, 01:46 AM
You know I believe anyone can make stuff that is "intended" to taste like this, but actually tastes like that. ;)
So maybe it is intended to taste like berries, but is it the actual taste?

Also, for Mano. Clicky. (http://www.instantrimshot.com/)

Mano
27th July 2008, 05:24 PM
:D for some reason i kept clicking it non stop for about 20 seconds, it is a very responsive button.

RJ O'Connell
27th July 2008, 09:15 PM
To think also this was the start of Red Bull's involvement in every single sport they've looked into - Association Football, NASCAR, Formula 1 (actually the only one pre-2097), the fantastic Air Race World Series, etc.

They really owe a lot to us, don't you know. ;)

Asayyeah
29th July 2008, 02:52 PM
kinda like how Moxie tastes like Moxie... Arnaud remembers that, huh? ;P
Moxic is toxic

Red Bull propaganda

Vincent_VII
7th August 2008, 01:23 AM
One of my workmates came up with the perfect description for Red Bull's taste:

Liquid Sweet Tarts

rdmx
16th August 2008, 03:12 AM
Red Bull fans - you may be in for a bit of a shock:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article4537831.ece

Using tests to measure blood pressure and the state of blood vessels around the body, the Australian researchers said that after drinking one can participants had shown a cardiovascular profile similar to that of someone with heart disease.

AG-wolf
16th August 2008, 06:13 AM
Sounds about right. But damn if it doesn't get me around those hard corners in times of stress ;)

RJ O'Connell
16th August 2008, 06:16 AM
I'll at least drink one sparingly, just because I like the taste. I have to, heart failure be damned! XD

Silverstream
18th August 2008, 03:54 PM
Never used to like the stuff, but it goes down well with a double vodka. :nod

Lance
18th August 2008, 11:01 PM
Double vodka goes well with a lot of things! :D

But I prefer the fuel additive to be orange juice [Screwdriver] or tomato juice [Bloody Mary].

Silverstream
20th August 2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I do like a vodka and orange. Vodbull is often quite expensive but it definitely keeps you going, usually to the point where you can't sleep! :rolleyes:

Wip3ou7
22nd August 2008, 02:47 PM
Yes, I saw RedBull in XL long before I ever saw a real can of RedBull. When I finally saw one I immidiately thought of WipEout and freaked out in disbelief. Now RB is my energy drink of choice, and I feel like its 1997, err I mean, 2097 every time I drink one ;)

eLhabib
24th August 2008, 11:10 PM
If there is one thing in the world that was meant to be mixed with Red Bull, it's Jägermeister. Here in Austria, we call that a 'Flying Hirsch'. The drink of champions, really (and the best way to get you drunk real fast) ;)

Lance
25th August 2008, 04:56 PM
Well, it might be a way to get drunk real fast, it wouldn't be the best way for me. Each to his own poison/ambrosia-of-delight. :D

AG-wolf
26th August 2008, 04:12 AM
Jäger is NASTY, hate that licorice garbage. besides if I want to be consuming blood, it'll be from a nice steak or, in this case, a side of venison.

Svedka or Smirnoff w/ Redbull, or a well-mixed Long Island if I want to get real drunk real fast... or if someone else wants to get me real drunk real fast XD oh ho ho ho talk about fun nights :D

lunar
26th August 2008, 08:32 AM
The best compliment I can give Jagermeister is to say that it`s an "acquired taste." Apple Strudel and Wiener Schnitzel are by far my favourite Austrian exports, though don`t do much for your piloting skills. Red Bull and Vodka causes something apocalyptic to happen in my digestive system. Red Bull on its own is glorious stuff, turbo-vimto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimto)

Lance
26th August 2008, 05:34 PM
So would you say that Red Bull and Glocks are Austria's greatest achievements? ;)

[Other than Mozart, of course.]

eLhabib
26th August 2008, 05:40 PM
Glock? You mean the weapons brand? Well, financially that might be a big thing, but I wouldn't call it an achievement...

I guess you could count Red Bull, seeing how involved it is in sports and other events around the globe - certainly built up a reputation.

Lance
26th August 2008, 06:04 PM
Red Bull is a bit of a financial achievement as well.

[don't forget your sense of humour just because firearms are mentioned :) ]

eLhabib
26th August 2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry to sound stuck-up here. I just don't see anything favorable in selling guns.
That said, Steyr is a way more achieving weapons manufacturer than Glock, afaik. We still built the lightest fully automatic MP in the world :cowboy

Lance
26th August 2008, 06:15 PM
They will be sold and bought and used as long as humans are what they are. Legal or illegal, firearms will exist. I have strong reasons in just the last 8 weeks to need them for self-defense. Last Friday night there was a shooting just one block from my house involving a fully automatic weapon, probably illegally obtained.

But, um... back to Red Bull and its benefits to the human race. :D A much more pleasant subject. If you like the taste. ;)

eLhabib
26th August 2008, 06:44 PM
And I certainly do! Heck I would drink 10 cans a day if it didn't kill me! (yes, I'm sure it would)

mdhay
26th August 2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry to sound stuck-up here. I just don't see anything favorable in selling guns.
That said, Steyr is a way more achieving weapons manufacturer than Glock, afaik. We still built the lightest fully automatic MP in the world :cowboy

But Russia still made the Real weapon weapon of mass destruction;)

AG-wolf
27th August 2008, 03:58 AM
nothing wrong with guns

local pride:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt's_Manufacturing_Company

even if the brand has waned over the years.

Drinking red bull can improve your aim and reaction speed ;)

q_dmc12
28th August 2008, 03:40 AM
One of my workmates came up with the perfect description for Red Bull's taste:

Liquid Sweet Tarts

Grapefruit + Pineapple = ~Redbull

interesting combo: Redbull Float - after about 5 mins starts tasting like vomit.:beer

But Russia still made the Real weapon weapon of mass destruction;)

...the AK-47?

mdhay
28th August 2008, 08:52 AM
Well, yeah.

There are around 500,000 million firearms in worldwide circulation today. That's one firearm for every 12 people on the planet. Question is, how do we arm the other eleven?

xtriko
9th September 2008, 02:13 AM
maybe it inspired me to drink whisky redbull... eh ehe for inspiration ;)

DJ Techno
14th September 2008, 06:05 AM
When I was at my last place to finish my 10 months worth of charges.
At broad river correctional pen, the STOP program, inside Maultrie dorm, a side.

I met a friend named winslow. Dude was from the ChuckTown ( Charleston area of South Carolina ). And lived
In the room numbered.

2097!
Hmmm
Funny

Chucktown as he was nicknamed, including others from that same area. Was a buddy of many, a whole lot of talkin. And when we did these bible study and morning prayer classes. He go on about his story and explainations of things to all in the room.

I turned my drinking of coffee into the same way I drink RedBull.
Fourteen cans-ten or more or least tall cups. Of black caffenated and non caffenated coffee.

I'm fore real on the drinks. When I first played XL. I turned a. One four case of the stuff. Into three and five four cases of the Bull.

It was a strange thing to me.
A guy who lived in the same room numbered 2097, with the race game I play, with so much Gojo. I'm guppling up as much stuff, I do on the 2097, listening and attentively hearing his talk.
Before putting the breaks on him. After downing a six or seventh cup of java.

Well he's out and so am I.
A salute, to chucktown, aka 2097.
You brought out my side.
That shows I live with NOS in my blood stream and a Electrical Turbine engine. For a brain.

blixabargeld
30th September 2008, 05:59 PM
Yes it has. and there's more, I've almost got a physical dependance to that drink. the brand started with wipeout and few extreme sports sponsorization and now the RB logo it's nearly everywhere, one of the best marketing strategies ever (maybe just massive)
Nobody can prove if it works in improving reactions (but it's banned in France just as dopamine) but it's becoming the coffee of the '00

RJ O'Connell
30th September 2008, 10:55 PM
Except coffee isn't putting their logo on everything and anything they get involved in. ;)

AG-wolf
2nd October 2008, 06:13 AM
blix; play any wipeout for about an hour straight, then drink a redbull and play for anohter hour or so and you'll notice the difference.

burt_ie
4th October 2008, 08:49 PM
Defiantly...I remember buying my first can of Red Bull after playing 2097.
Now years later the only time I drink it is with Vodka! :hyper
The perfect drink for a night out of clubbing! :)

Carlos
5th October 2008, 08:04 PM
WipeOut XL was the first time I saw RedBull, but I've never drank it.

I don't think I want to.

Lance
5th October 2008, 11:42 PM
Likewise. It sounds like horrible-tasting stuff. Like that ultra-cinnamony candy-flavoured and harsh half-liqueur but all crap stuff that someone got me to try once by insisting so long without shutting up about it that I finally drank some. Never again.

blixabargeld
7th October 2008, 07:21 AM
yes, it tastes exactly like a mixture of candy and cough medicine.. 'till you get used to it:?

BulletWraith
7th October 2008, 10:16 AM
I love the taste, it's the only energy drink I drink other than the occasional V-Black, Redbull goes pretty good with Cranberry juice, I just don't like the big cans, they taste weak to me

if you haven't tired it give it a chance, most of my mates like it and my GF thinks it tastes like sht but still drinks it when studying late

oh and my mom likes it

-zer:donutshen