PDA

View Full Version : New thing?

Metabolic
22nd January 2006, 08:12 PM
Ok, I may have found a new feature on Wipeout Pure, that you may have not noticed.

When you start a course, using any of the ships, when the computer says ready, you wait. When it says "go!" At that Second, the green space, Hit X button twice to get a boost enabling you to travel much faster than the AI

Anyone else notice it?

Airrider
22nd January 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I use it all the time. It's the only way to start in pace with the pack, in my opinion...

Metabolic
22nd January 2006, 10:37 PM
and most importantly it gives you an head start in the Time Trials.

eLhabib
22nd January 2006, 11:56 PM
erm, you don't have to hit (x) twice. just press (x) right after the 'GO!', and you will get a boost start.

if you manage to predict the 'GO!', and press (x) exactly AT the 'GO!', your boost will be even bigger, but that's very hard to do and comes with the danger of pressing too early and stalling.

exarkann
25th January 2006, 12:08 PM
i actually find that the boost in pure is much easier to actuate than in previous installments...

infoxicated
25th January 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, it's way too easy - takes the point right out of it, as it's not as if it mixes up the pack any when you're almost guaranteed to get it.

Mind you, at some tracks it's more useful not to bother with a turbo start, I find. That first chicane at Blue Ridge isn't the friendliest place to be mid pack, so I always let the rest of them go for it and hang back.

Asayyeah
25th January 2006, 08:24 PM
hmmm Rob... although it s obvious easier, it depends on what state of mind you have or what kind of level is your drunk : just tipsy or totally off like i was 2 nights ago : missing desesperatly the turbo start. :paperbag

username
2nd February 2006, 12:42 PM
i like then turbo on wip3out were you had to keep the thrust at a certian level. it was difficult but wel worth it! ialso think that the thrusting system in wipeout 2097 and 3 is alot better than the pure, and fusion versions

Lion
3rd February 2006, 04:00 AM
this brings to mind something I have wondered for a while...
in the earlier installments.. how did you get the boosts? I had always done it by timing when to start pressing the button, then just holding it, but when I played skipper I noticed he revved it straight up there and feathered till it was time to go. what's your method?

Hellfire_WZ
3rd February 2006, 09:29 AM
I tend to use the feathering method. On the original and 2097 I think the boost point is between the first and second large bars, whereas in 3 it becomes easier as the controller vibrates when you get there.

eLhabib
3rd February 2006, 11:29 AM
I used the timed button press and hold on 1&2, and feathering on 3(SE), because it was easy to do with the vibration.

Lance
3rd February 2006, 03:01 PM
but my controller rumble quit working even before i got a neGcon, which doesn't even have vibration, so on 3 i just hold at the correct range by sight.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd February 2006, 04:11 PM
It's still fairly easy without the vibration, there's a notch in the thrust bar where you need to be aiming. I've gotten into the habit of doing that lately, I'm using ePSXe to play and I can't get the vibration on my controller working.