PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new and I have a few questions

gianpa
19th January 2006, 08:55 AM
It's great to see there's a communiti around this game, It would be even better if there was a tournament or something... anyways, my questions...

1) Why there's no record section for wipeout pure in this website? When is that going to come?

2) I'm new to this game, I wanna see some action! gimmie a video or something, I wanna see pure skill!

3) is really possible to do a perfect lap in citta nuova @ rapier/phantom speed? lol

the number 2 is the most important btw!

infoxicated
19th January 2006, 09:43 AM
1) Just this once, I'll search the forums for you; http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2888

2) I guess because it's not too easy to capture video from a psp.

3) It's possible - it all depends on how fast you want to go. :)

eLhabib
19th January 2006, 09:46 AM
hello and welcome to the 'zone!

@1) Infoxicated is working on purE record tables already. They will be around sooner or later.

@2) It's kind of hard to film while playing PSP, seeing as there is no replay function. The only way I could imagine to record gameplay would be with a PSP2TV converter, and the only one here that has one AFAIK is ZOOLANDER. maybe give him a shout...

@3) yes. but it's damn hard ;)

edit: aaaaawwwww Rob, you beat me to it....

Lion
19th January 2006, 10:51 AM
It will be done before the end of the year. I have high hopes for mid-December, mostly due to the fact our first child will be arriving at any time from that point onwards... so it's a then or never situation. ;)
so that's never then? ;)

being cheeky, move right along. :p

gianpa
19th January 2006, 12:35 PM
but I wanna see some skill :frown:

I used to play quake3 over the internet and I always had a lot of fun watching demos... I learned a lot as well

two other questions...

1) what type of control do you use? single airbrake or dual? I use dual but maybe with single you can strafe better...

2) what camera do you use? internal or medium/far?

eLhabib
19th January 2006, 12:53 PM
I use dual airbrakes. If you ask around here, I think the majority is gonna recommend that to you, also because it is the way previous wipEout games were played.
I always use the medium camera, but I think some people here use the internal view (WHICH IS CRAZY! YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! WHAAA!:dizzy )

infoxicated
19th January 2006, 03:13 PM
so that's never then? ;)
What can I say, I didn't get it done before the baby arrived so that got in the way, I had a hard drive failure over the festive season, and I'm involved with an online GTR racing league (i.e. frickin' hard core and requires lots of practice), and I just don't have the same dedication to Wipeout that I might have had during the last six years or so.

It's not a never, it's just not a right now. I was pretty close to calling it a never towards the end of last year, actually, but since then my motivation has been refreshed somewhat.

eLhabib
19th January 2006, 03:19 PM
please don't lose your faith in wipEout! I had a dry period from October to January, playing no wipEout at all, but still being on the forums regularly, but now I am back to playing purE and SE, and it feels GREAT. It'll come back to you ;)

Renegäde
19th January 2006, 07:06 PM
Theres time trial ghosts you can download for the US version at http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/index.php

Lance
19th January 2006, 09:10 PM
if i recall correctly, that site was started by one of our members for us.

Renegäde
19th January 2006, 09:36 PM
Oh neato, didnt know that. There you go, you learn something new everyday.