PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pack Problems - help plz

PsyIon
19th January 2006, 12:54 AM
i have downloaded and installed all the wipeout packs from wipeoutpure.com but none of them seem to work i dont know if i need to unlock them or what.

I have done the first three leagues in the first speed setting all to gold and the second speed setting with at least bronze. I have done all of the single races in gold for the first speed setting and all but one for the second speed setting. I have unlocked one of the classic tracks.

do i need to do more to get the downloadable content active? has anyone else had this problem ? Just to make sure people know the download and install i did was from the official site and it was downloaded via yourpsp.com

any help would be wikid as i really wanna try out that puma ****. The game i have is the the European version so PAL i expect and im using a 2.50 verion of the white ceramic japanese PSP.

:D

Lion
19th January 2006, 01:08 AM
the downloadable content is specific to the various regions versions of the game, but if it's the puma stuff you are wanting to try, then you DO have the right region's content for an eu game so it's strange it doesn't work.
are you sure you have the euro release of pure?
you don't have to unlock anything for the puma ships and menu skins to be available, (can't remember the story with the tracks) they should be enough to tell you it's working

Rouni Kenshin#1
19th January 2006, 02:22 AM
- you got your downloads from somewhere other than www.wipeoutpure.com. while i'm sure that it worked for others from yourpsp.com it still might be the problem.(or you Jap psp is not compatable with euro downloads, works with disk because it's a disk but since content is pure data than maby it cant read it because it's european) both just guesses.

gianpa
19th January 2006, 09:00 AM
I had the same problem and it was because I downloaded eu contents with my us version (it's not my fault, I live in europe so when I opened the website I just selected my country) maybe your version is us or some other country... They just don't tell you that you can't see european tracks in us version... I don't understand why you can't anyway, probably money matters... for sure...

eLhabib
19th January 2006, 09:49 AM
just try downloading them again, this time from www.wipeoutpure.com.

infoxicated
19th January 2006, 09:52 AM
Try downloading them via the in game - it's the best system in the world and the guy who made the mini-site is a top bloke. :D

PsyIon
19th January 2006, 11:10 AM
had a little look at my wipeout box and manual and it would seem its a usa versiion although i cant be sure. I cant find the word PAL on it but in the back of the manual it states that its a usa tradmark or somthing. I liuve in the uk and bought this on ebay my mistake. but anyone know how i can get the usa tracks cuz when i got to wipeoutpure.com i think it knows im in the uk

eLhabib
19th January 2006, 11:32 AM
On wipeoutpure.com, you can choose your country. Easiest way to definitely get the right packs, no matter what version of the game you have, is using the ingame download feature. You need to set up an infrastructure connection for that, at your home, if you have wifi, or at the next cafe with a wifi airport.

gianpa
19th January 2006, 12:32 PM
if it goes to the uk page by default try deleting cookies or disabling when you enter the site

PsyIon
19th January 2006, 01:26 PM
Woohoo i finaly got them working :) i got 40 gold medals now w00t! thanks guys

kowareta|vojeet
24th February 2006, 08:48 PM
Me not.
I have the same problem.
I've got a jap. PSP and bought me the EU WipeoutPure.
Do download the new packs, I should enter the serial-number and the model-number. But my model-number (PSP-1000) isn't listed there, they have only 1003,1004,1002,1008. FCUK.
The WipeoutPure browser doesn't work, because I cannot select "WPA-PSK (TKIP)" the WLAN-security adjustment.

With google I found only the Omega-EU-Pack.
Where I can get the EU-Packs of Gamma Pack, Classic Pack 1, Classic Pack 2, Delta Pack.

lunar
24th February 2006, 09:40 PM
try registering your PSP 1000 as a 1002 or something. This worked for me, but didn`t for some other people. I entered date purchased as September 1st. Good luck. :)

kowareta|vojeet
24th February 2006, 09:56 PM
I'm going to try it.

Nope, it doesn't function.

Angryman
27th February 2006, 01:42 PM
Could someone send me some packs, or link me to where i can download them?
I downloaded all packs including ships a couple of months ago but my memory card became corrupt and I lost all my data, now when I click Download 2 for Omega Pack, Classic 1 and Classic 2 it tells me that the request Failed. Download 1s work, it's just the 2nd packs which are giving me problems and i really need icarus craft to continue gaming.
I know the devlopers of the game dont like people asking or downloading from other sources but i've been trying all week and it just doesn't want to work.