PDA

View Full Version : The music packs on yourpsp.com

Renegäde
18th January 2006, 09:36 PM
Hey, has anyone downloaded the music packs yet? I probably won't get to try them out until tomorrow so i was wondering what genre it is and does it fit in with wipeouts style? Thanks

Hellfire_WZ
18th January 2006, 09:38 PM
The Voice Of Cod and Oblivion packs are pretty much what you'd expect for a Wipeout game, but the A7 pack consists of soft rock which really doesn't seem to fit.

Renegäde
18th January 2006, 09:45 PM
hmm sounds kool, ive got the space so i think i'll give it a try when i get the chance. Although soft rock, who thought of putting that into a wipeout game?

Amaru
18th January 2006, 09:55 PM
Some of the music packs from Pure Urban (http://www.psp-pureurban.com) are rather nice with their more techno and electronic vibes. :3

Lion
19th January 2006, 12:43 AM
for a first post that one rocks :)
welcome aboard and thanks for the most excellent link :D I hadn't seen that before at all

edit: crappy, I can't get their packs as yourpsp.com uk has decided that my info is invalid.
stupid damned site... what difference does it make where my psp is from if I have the relevant version of the game?
it won't let me in because I don't have a euro psp against my name, and trying to use my serial with a uk model number no longer works

edit2: hack the planet!! found a workaround, it's about 20 steps of nuisance process, but at least I can get them :P (note: no actual hacking involved)

edit3: thanks a LOT for the link :D there's a lot there I don't like but some of the other stuff that's in there (esp the french package) is awesome and WELL worth the fiddling around to get it

edit4: I wish there was an email address on the site, there's a mistake... Just Jack (german pack) seems to have been replaced with a second copy of Are You A Coconut (spanish pack)

Renegäde
19th January 2006, 05:47 PM
Alrighty just got the packs and the The Voice Of Cod and Oblivion tunes are great! They really fit it and has made the game a little fresher for me. They are a bit faster than some of the regular songs in the game with a trance/house feel to it. The A7 pack is alright but really doesnt fit in for me, i think one of the tracks included is pretty good though but the pureurban tracks are terrible IMO, they dont fit in and i caaaant stand garage.

Amaru
20th January 2006, 12:16 AM
I'm not fond of all the Pure Urban tracks but I think they are refreshing. What I really like is the concept behind Pure Urban. WipEout music usually being original tracks, seeing some new music styles added to the gallery is welcome. Besides, I can't imagine there wouldn't be any rappers in 2197. =^.^;=
Now after urban music I'd like to see some J-pop and classical music. >:P

Lance
20th January 2006, 12:22 AM
both of those are good categories for racing music.

eLhabib
20th January 2006, 12:27 AM
j-pop definitely, but classic and wipEout? I just can't imagine that to fit together...

Lance
20th January 2006, 01:05 AM
you must not have heard Mozart's symphony number 40.

and if we want to go earlier to Baroque music, there's tons of stuff by Telemann and others that would work. at least if you have my warped mentality and aesthetics. :D

Gaffer74
20th January 2006, 01:23 PM
These are the packs I have installed:
Voice of Cod
everything from coldstorage (with the classic packs)
oblivion
Pure Urban France+Italy+Benelux+Spain

the following I got rid of:
a7 (furry tongue) pack
Pure Urban UK+Germany.....too slow paced

Rapier Racer
21st January 2006, 09:29 PM
Anyone know where I can get more Oblivion music/info? I love Disconnect and Butterfly Effect, searches on google, amazon and HMV don't turn up anything

Edit: OOPS just discovered its a label not an artist, aheam yes,

Piranha5p33d5
8th February 2006, 12:40 PM
Studio Liverpool are fantastic for releasing content with consistence. I could be wrong because I've only listened to bonus tunes just the once, but they just dont feel authentic WipEout to me. A little too trancy with low levels of aggressive bite? I dont mean to offend anyone who enjoys them though. Also the heavier tracks with actual singing on them?... dont get me wrong SL, your intentions are PurE, but these tracks just somehow dont have the WipEout 'it', the zing.. the energy to match the atmosphere...

Does anyone else agree at all?

Amaru
9th February 2006, 09:08 PM
I agree that the add-on music does not always have the "native" WipEout feel. I do however think that it is the reason why it is offered as additional content.
Each WipEout game has its own WipEout music but also works as a showcase for new/original artists. In that way the music packs are a great addition to the showcase even if the current library doesn't suit everybody's taste. =^.^;=
It also adds a new feel to futuristic racing. I like rap on curvy urban tracks and rock on longer skylanes (although classical music would be even nicer there :P).

Hellfire_WZ
9th February 2006, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah, haven't seen it mentioned, but the Voice Of Cod, Oblivion and A7 packs are now listed on wipeoutpure.com

a131313
11th February 2006, 10:00 PM
For some reason, whenever I select the US as my region it puts brings me to playstation.com. But if i do europe it makes me complete something, by adding my serial number and model number. It doesnt show Model 1001. It also keep saying that there is an overloaded server problem or something like that when i try to submit. Is there any way to get these packs without using yourpsp.com?

edit: nevermind, It's only available in the European section. Goddamn US version doesnt get ****, only a couple of packs

exarkann
25th February 2006, 11:27 AM
i am able to get the music packs if i want, however i have the us version. are they compatible?

Rapier Racer
25th February 2006, 08:11 PM
I believe its euro only

Nifton
27th February 2006, 09:50 AM
So any ideas how I can get some xtra music content working on a region 1 copy (got it off ebay, the seller said euro copy, fool!) I had a look at that link Amaru listed earlier but sill no joy,
Lion: How did you get those other region packs working, how did you even find em? i can only see the UK one from Amarus' link.

Lion
27th February 2006, 05:43 PM
I have the eu AND us versions of the game, the pure urban packs only work in the eu version
if you want to change the country who's music you see, go to the dropdown list at the upper right "change scene"

Shrimpcrackers
27th March 2006, 05:56 AM
Okay, I have a White Japanese PSP, I can't seem to get around the Euro site. Where is this 20 steps process? I'd really like to get some of the songs at Urban and the Voice of COD+Oblivion.

I've actually brought Wipeout Pure from Europe, the USA, and Japan. Now I'm told I have to miss out on a songs. Dissapointing. Any help?

Lion
27th March 2006, 06:26 AM
the type of psp you have makes no difference to what packs will work
the only issue is registering for the yourpsp site in each region.

most of the packs are best grabbed using either the in-game browser or going to wipeoutpure.com (which uses pieces of yourpsp.com anyway)

once you have the registration sorted (basically you just have to lie about your psp model number) the packs should all be available.

all the packs are locked to single versions of pure though. so for example gamma will need to be downloaded once each for US, EU, and JP versions of the game. you can have all three on your memory stick at once without naming clashes or any similar problems. some packages (eg: omega, wire05, or the pureurban packs) were only released for one regions version of the game.

the packs that aren't available directly from the download section of each yourpsp portal should be able to be grabbed from the sites at which they originate. which unfortunately still seem to use pieces of yourpsp.com to operate. and some (I struck this on the pureurban site) seem to have faulty cookies so I had to log in again for each pack, then I think I had to clear my cookies or restart my browser or somesuch (I no longer remember) before I could get the next nations tunes.

if you have all three of the game versions that have downloadable content (it looks like you do) then all of the downloadable content that is out there will work for you.

Shrimpcrackers
28th March 2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't have an Euro PSP, and it insists on my PSP serial numbers so there doesn't seem to be a way to get around this.

Haha, thanks I have all the packs. What I'm concerned about is the Voice of Cod etc music packs which it refuses to let me download because I can't log in. I cannot register for a login account because my Japanese PSP doesn't qualify. Lie about my model number? I did that. They still insisted on a serial.

lunar
29th March 2006, 06:26 AM
why don`t you try emailing them (Sony) to see if they will create a yourpsp.com account for you? You haven`t done anything wrong in having a foreign PSP, and having bought the games you have an entitlement and fair expectation to receive the downloads. You never know, they might see it that way too. Worth a try..... And if they won`t do it it would be interesting to hear why not.