PDA

View Full Version : Music Mixer...

cybrpnk
17th January 2006, 08:18 PM
Long live Pure...this game never ceases to amaze and astound... Now...Colin...what's up with the Music Mixer...??? I've been waiting to get my hands on some new choons for my anti gravity sessions and I check the Pure site almost everyday...still no news...hmmm...

Dark Matter #2
18th January 2006, 04:51 PM
On www.yourpsp.com there are some more wipeout pure music packs that arn't on the wipeoutpure.com so either they've given up on the website or they're just being damn lazy and haven't updated it yet

Hacker X
18th January 2006, 07:11 PM
I looked on the site but don't see the packs anywhere. Where did you see those packs on the www.yourpsp.com site?

Lion
18th January 2006, 08:11 PM
the eu version has some packs that aren't on wipeoutpure.com
yourpsp.co.uk seems to have them before the other eu area sites

Megatron42
20th January 2006, 04:25 PM
But the mixer! I wanted to see what they were going to do with that.

infoxicated
21st January 2006, 10:58 AM
I'll try to get the official word, but I have a feeling it might not come to anything now.

Airrider
22nd January 2006, 10:09 PM
Along with more US download packs, I fear...

Sven
24th January 2006, 03:22 PM
Or even just a fixed Delta pack 2...

Megatron42
24th January 2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks, 'fox, any word is better than no word :P

yawnstretch
26th January 2006, 12:24 AM
Was in the middle or writing a thread about a particularly glorious race I'd had when I accessed the page for clarification on the name of a part of a track when I decided to click the mixer section...

eLhabib
26th January 2006, 12:30 AM
WOW! didn't expect that at all! unfortunately I have no clue whatsoever how to use a music mixer, but I am sure some of the guys here will be mixing cool stuff soon! Now, is there a way to upload the finished mixes to the PSP and integrate them in purE?

yawnstretch
26th January 2006, 12:31 AM
you can totally make some WILD stuff - im making up some stuff first havent tried saving!! AGHH COOLNESS

yawnstretch
26th January 2006, 12:55 AM
AGH GrEat - you can save via psp downloads!

Trying out my first track now :D

Edit: I've downloaded the file and it's definitely intended for the game (not an mp3 file) but Im not sure where to find it in wipeout itself as its not automatically showing up in the music section - could be my firmware? Has it worked for you eLhabib?

Lion
26th January 2006, 01:25 AM
I'll have to devote some time to this and see if I can figure out how to work it :P

can we get word on whether we are legally allowed to share our mixes on here?

SMThomas
27th January 2006, 12:24 AM
I checked out the music mixer and at first, it was complex and bit fustrating but sorted and managed to create my experimental remix of one of my favourites.

Tranferred to my PSP, shown on my music section and works like magic!

It's pretty good for remixing tracks (too bad it only uses in-game music) and I might use it next time to sort tracks like Nak's Acid for example...

yawnstretch
27th January 2006, 12:38 AM
Would you mind telling me what firmware version you have (I have 1.5) and what version of the game you have(I have US) and what country you are registered under for your psp (I registered under Ireland) as I cant get the downloaded files to show up in wipeout.

I presume it shows up in the music options menu?

Thanks.

Rouni Kenshin#1
27th January 2006, 01:43 AM
i checked it out and could not puzzle out wheather you can only do things with the music in pure or wheather you can put your music in the mixer.

does any know if you can?

SMThomas
27th January 2006, 03:38 PM
Right! Question Time!

Would you mind telling me what firmware version you have (I have 1.5) and what version of the game you have(I have US) and what country you are registered under for your psp (I registered under Ireland) as I cant get the downloaded files to show up in wipeout. I presume it shows up in the music options menu?

I have firmware ver. 2.60, UK version and registered mine in the UK. As I uploaded it, it shows up in the music options menu. I would recommend that you should update your firmware by using network update (wireless only) or get it via yourpsp.com and follow the instructions to use it. Well you do know that you have to download only the US content to the US version but no worries, there's a music mixer on the US part of wipEout pure as well! Hope this helps...

Now to Rouni's Question...

You only do it with the music from pure as far as I know; yes it would be great if we convert our mp3's into wipEout tracks but looks if it's not possible as of yet. With a lack of instructions on using it, you may have to experiment on it and see what you come up with it...Try.

Airrider
27th January 2006, 08:21 PM
There goes my "Bug" vs. "Let Me Be With You (Chobits theme)" AG-5Y5 Mix idea...

...But seriously folks, this means the WipEout online content future looks a little more sound...

kowareta|vojeet
27th January 2006, 09:57 PM
This Music Mixer is a little bit ugly. *harhar

yawnstretch
27th January 2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks SMT. Looks like its music mixer versus 333 then. (gee I wonder which will win).

Glad somebody got some use out of it!

SMThomas
30th January 2006, 03:32 PM
Your welcome but don't call me Thomas, call me SMT (or SMThomas if you prefer).

I recently made a remix of Nak's Acid and it was nice...

Sven
3rd February 2006, 08:20 AM
I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before someone modifies or inspects this program to allow custom playlist creation...

InvaderF00
4th February 2006, 01:01 AM
You mean how to redirect someting at wipeoutpure.com that is in the /staging_180106/Flash/ dir called Mixer.swf, that sends vars like "?host=https://www.yourpsp.com&languageLocation=../Xml/Mixer&locale=en_US"

Dunno, but the trick is fooling yourpsp to accept your data.

^_^

fusionfrenzy
4th February 2006, 12:16 PM
Can someone tell me why I cant get it to work? It just says "Unknown Connection Error. Timeout might have occurred.Try Again. ID Tracker Info" every single time I try to use it

InvaderF00
4th February 2006, 08:50 PM
Can someone tell me why I cant get it to work? It just says "Unknown Connection Error. Timeout might have occurred.Try Again. ID Tracker Info" every single time I try to use it

It's all in how you write out the URL and what you aim it at. You can learn more about what happens when you log in or save a mix by using something like HTTPWatch to check the incoming and outgoing connections, but it's nothing as simple as just "aiming" it at your MP3s. I'm going to shut up now. I like having a W'O"Zone account ^_^

username
6th February 2006, 05:40 PM
imo the music mixer isnt that good, i checked it out and i dont really see what is so special about it! is there something i am missing?:brickwall

fusionfrenzy
6th February 2006, 09:26 PM
Even with some help from InvaderF00, his internet intellect far surpasses mine (ie. i dont understand how to do what he says ;) ), and I can't get it to work. No matter, I guess it just aint for me.

Piranha5p33d5
7th February 2006, 12:00 PM
Looks like it's progressed quite ahead, but there are finalist tunes to download + vote for your fave DJ incase anyone's interested..

http://www.spin1038.com/content.asp?ContentId=555

Aka-sho
6th June 2006, 03:53 AM
New music is added to the music mixer!!!

COME SHOT - EXIT 15

We love WipEout all over the world !

Aka-sho :)

Asayyeah
6th June 2006, 03:35 PM
héhéh good find Aka-Sho, it's been a long time i didn't go into wipeoutpure.com , thanks for the info ;) , i am gonna listen to this one now.

Sausehuhn
6th June 2006, 04:33 PM
seems like the singer has fun with what she's doing in the tune (especially at the beginning)

... we don't wanna concretize what her "singing" could be caused by :D

eLhabib
6th June 2006, 06:18 PM
the title COME SHOT should make things pretty clear actually, wouldn't it?

Zerow
7th June 2006, 10:47 PM
There's a new song in the Music Mixer??

I hardly ever go on wipeoutpure.com anymore, what with the downloads drying up, but this I've got to check out! :)

q_dmc12
9th June 2006, 03:43 AM
wow, the US version needs to get its act together - its been "coming soon" for about a year now:frown:

Zerow
9th June 2006, 10:08 PM
It's still not up for the U.S.?? :o

Why not, I wonder? :?

Richmondo
8th October 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi.

I've been trying for a few hours to get the Music Mixer to work on the official WipEout PurE website. I cannot get any sound from it at all, nevermind edit and copy tracks to the game.

All I'd like to do is to download the two new music tracks to my PSP. These are:

Exit 15 - Cum Shot
Cosmos - Nu Skool

Please can someone tell me how to do it, with a really straight-forward guide? I'm based in England, so use the UK version of the website, if that makes a difference.

Thanks, Richmondo.

RSVP.

Asayyeah
8th October 2006, 09:36 PM
I moved your thread here Richmondo, be sure to use the search function of that site , you will find quickly what you are searching for .

Anyway wellcome on board :)

Richmondo
8th October 2006, 09:43 PM
- Thanks. New to the forums as of today, as you probably saw.

Can anyone help with the above question?

Just something simple with a few bullet points would be ace.

Asayyeah
8th October 2006, 09:47 PM
I am not using music mixer, so i can't be able to answer you clearly , but try to put 'music mixer' into the advanced search option and read all what you find about this.
Or i am sure a friendly member could answer you soon :)