PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see!

Wamdue
17th January 2006, 10:30 AM
Just popped by to say happy new year and I hope you all had a great xmas. Saw the history of wipeoutzone thread in the evolution engine, Those screens sure brought back some fond memories ;)

How are you all doing? All vets still active? Taking a year off of school, so working full time as a designer and leading raids in WoW in my sparetime nowadays.. Gotta admit my console gaming took a major hit when WoW came out although I still keep my PSP with me at all times for some WOPure and Lumines.

/hides under witness protection programme.

Lance
17th January 2006, 11:42 AM
oh my gaahhd!!!

hi, Wam. surprised as hell to see ya.

some of us are still active. some not. but it's been very active since the PSP/Pure release.

infoxicated
17th January 2006, 12:27 PM
Wow! Wam!

I figured you'd get sucked into the whole warcraft thing - I almost bought it about five times over the summer, but after seeing what it done to my friends I always talked myself out of it. :)

Good to see you back, though, however briefly it may be. :)

Hellfire_WZ
17th January 2006, 02:00 PM
Well bugger me! Always good to see old faces again. :)

Sausehuhn
17th January 2006, 04:10 PM
welcome back, Wam :)

Thruster2097
17th January 2006, 04:47 PM
welcome back andreas, glad to see you havent forgotten about us (yet)

How's the nintendo project coming along and have you got your 360?

Wamdue
18th January 2006, 06:13 AM
Indeed infox, WoW is crazy addictive, Me and my mates are pretty active in the "hardcore" part of WoW and it is straining at times, but in the end the most fun online gaming experience I've had yet. :)

Currently not doing any projects at all really thruster, taking a year off so Im working on a small print/web company doing logotypes, photographs, print, editing etc. Quite relaxing and a good change of pace ( aaaaaand I got my own office! hehe ).

And yes, Got me a 360 during xmas. The premium pack of course, core-system no thanks! Been playing some Call of Duty 2 on it as well as PGR3, amped and perfect dark. Eagerly awaiting the "real" launch Q1 and Q2 when all the games that didnt make it to xmas arrives. Played Geometry Wars on the 360 yet? Its up there among the best titles for it so far imo ^^

Thruster2097
18th January 2006, 10:38 AM
geometry wars is possibly the best 360 title ever! Starts to get too tough for me too early on tho - the bit when all the green blobs start flying at you from every corner... nukereffic!
Keep an eye out for me on PGR3, my livetag-thingie is marky895. Ive only got rank 7 online but offline i'm rank 3.
Could only get the core unit and I didnt like the idea of wifi controllers, far too many problems with the wavebird on the gamecube. Hovever it does mean that I am scrummaging through teh intrweb to get a hard disc for my precious Ridge Racer 6.
I need custom soundtracks, damnit!!!

eLhabib
18th January 2006, 11:24 AM
at first I didn't get what's great about the wireless controllers, either. Today I tell you, I am pissed off having to use wired controllers again everytime I want to play some Playstation or (old) Xbox. Wireless controllers are BLISS. It really is a new sense of freedom, once you get used to it and get the cable feeling out of your system. :) I'll add you to my friendlist, so we can meet up for some PGR.

Lion
18th January 2006, 08:32 PM
I have an xbox360 controller for PC, USB jobbie. and every time I pick it up I think "man, I wish this was wireless"

Wamdue
18th January 2006, 11:07 PM
Mmm wireless is truly bliss. In the beginning I kept adjusting to a cable that didnt exist, 15 years of gaming habit die hard :D . I used to have the nickname Midwinter on xboxlive for the old one.. Since I switched card numbers sooometime last year and totally forgot about my live subcription that gamertag is now picked up by someone else :( , a shame since its a homage to one of the coolest Atari ST games ever. Anyhow, My gamertag is nowadays Grim Reach.

To be honest I havent found much fun stuff to play on 360 live yet, I am very very eagerly awaiting Moto GP 2k6 since I played the previous games on the xbox and its live service til my thumbs were sore and I do belive I hit top10 ranks on some of the tracks back then. But yeah, I'd gladly play a game with you guys of course. Best times to catch me on live is probably weekends, since work makes jack a dull boy and with risking the geekstamp, I got a guild in wow to run :D

Synthetic Consciousness
19th January 2006, 09:05 AM
Just thought I'd raise a belated glass to the Zone. Keep wipin', guys!

Lance
19th January 2006, 03:44 PM
speaking of people we haven't seen for a long time, hi Robert. :)