PDA

View Full Version : Meet my new keyboard

Hellfire_WZ
15th January 2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.dvhardware.net/news/logitech_g15_keyboard_5.jpg

Should be arriving tomorrow or Tuesday. I don't think I've ever been so much in love with an inanimate object. ;) I just love things that glow, which is probably why the rest of my machine does as well. Details are here:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2288,CONTENTID=10717

stin
15th January 2006, 03:10 PM
Expensive piece of material:cold

But I hope you will use it very wisely:)

stevie:)

lunar
15th January 2006, 03:18 PM
wow that`s a helluva keyboard - I was wondering when I first saw it why you needed something with so many lights on just to post messages on here ;) but I see by the second link it`s for much more than just that. Some people playing you online are going to get some very nasty surprises with that beast. :)

SMThomas
15th January 2006, 03:56 PM
That keyboard looks cool and nice to go with my computer and Age of Empires 3 but not in the shopping mood at the moment.

Anyway, enjoy your product when it arrives!

Asayyeah
15th January 2006, 04:24 PM
Charlie you ve got now the Neggie-like for keyboard.
I envy you 8)

Hellfire_WZ
15th January 2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I'm in a clan for Call of Duty 2 and I could do with all the help I can get! :) Those programmable keys will really come in handy. It all came to about £56 including VAT and next day delivery. My next target is the Logitech G7 wireless gaming mouse, but that'll have to wait a while. £60...

Rouni Kenshin#1
15th January 2006, 08:29 PM
holy Crap:o!
Now that's what i call a keyboard.
Even at 50$ it seem to me to pe priced correctly.

what would you use it for? I would fide mabey 3 uses between all my pc games.

Airrider
15th January 2006, 09:20 PM
d00d...sweet!

Lion
16th January 2006, 08:02 AM
nice piece of kit :)
I can see those programmable keys being pretty handy. even if one of them simply issues "c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox.exe http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum" :P

also, why the G7 mouse? as a gamer I find I am often short of mouse buttons, and the G7 has two less than my current mouse (mx700). I would have thought the mx1000 a better choice (two more buttons than mx700 thanks to tiltwheel)

Hellfire_WZ
16th January 2006, 08:23 AM
I'm using the MX700 as well, and to be honest I don't really use all the functions on it. The reason I need a new one is because I think this one's on the way out, and this laser mouse is really catching my eye. The difference from the MX1000 is that ergonimically it is very similar to the 700, that's quite handy as I don't need to get used to a whole new mouse. The loss of the browser forward and application switcher isn't too much of a deal, and I think the G7 has a tilting scroll wheel anyway. And having two batteries is indispensable to me as I'm always forgetting to charge the damn thing. :) From the reviews I've read, people are rating it above the MX1000 anyway.

Lion
16th January 2006, 08:42 AM
it didn't occur to me that the G7 would have tiltwheel :redface:
I just checked and it does.

my mx700 I also forget to charge frequently, and I had to replace the rechargeable batteries last week because they weren't lasting anymore.
as to the buttons I can understand why you wouldn't use all the functions, in windows I find the logitech drivers absolutely stuff my sensitivity settings so I don't use them, so I don't get the app switcher.. but on my mac it's awesome as an exposé key (mapped to F9) but I find that I DO use the scroll down button (up is too far to reach) and the forward button.
Personally I couldn't stand to be without the second thumb button :P

Rouni Kenshin#1
16th January 2006, 07:57 PM
Ha, you two are lucky i'v got a Logetech Marble Mouse.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2150,CONTENTID=5003

I love the huge marble but only two buttons and no scroll wheel make me sad.

It says it has four buttons on the site but if it does than i'm half blind.

eLhabib
17th January 2006, 09:41 AM
uhm, I can see the four buttons even on this small picture! the slim silvery things in the upper half of the big black buttons? I bet those are the two additional buttons you are looking for! :D

Lion
17th January 2006, 09:55 PM
those are for adjusting the sensitivity of the mouse, not normal buttons
edit: ignore this, I am way off base

Rouni Kenshin#1
17th January 2006, 10:12 PM
i ddnot see them in the pic but my model must be older because i don't have those.

Hellfire_WZ
17th January 2006, 10:32 PM
I'm typing this on my new G15! Seriously, this is one BIG keyboard, those extra keys take up a bit of space. Really is comfortable though. The LCD screen by default displays date/time and CPU/RAM usage, and I guess certain games use it as a stats screen. Haven't tried any yet, but it's definitely worth the money so far!

Rouni Kenshin#1
17th January 2006, 10:39 PM
Humm that display if used as a custom ting where it will display what you want it would come in reeeeal handy handy in Rome Total War.