PDA

View Full Version : Help - Wipeout Xl PC

WhipBamBoom
13th January 2006, 03:16 AM
I am running Wipeout Xl for the PC with all the fix's and patch files & directx 9. However, I am still having issues with certain things in the game.

1) The shadows below the ships are not semi transparent.
2) There are no turbo trails
3) the challenge levels do not play properly (weapons are enabled but only I can use them? is that how the challenge 1 levels are suppossed to be?)

I think it may be because i need to be running directx 3, if there is a program that can switch from direct x versions (without installing and uninstalling) i would appreciate it if someone could post it here.

If anyone has solutions to these problems I would really appreciate it.

If anyone has any knowledge of modifying video games then please help! Donate your knowledge

Last, If anyone knows if it is possible to emulate the powerVR version of woxl then please reply.

Lion
13th January 2006, 06:01 AM
there's no way of switching dx versions, you are pretty stuck for that, sorry
afaik the shadows are always opaque. it might have been translucent under glide though.
if memory serves, the engine trails default to flare only, I think it's F2 to change their setting? most of the Fn keys change a display setting, be it trails or draw depth or whatever.

sadly the game has no support whatsoever and to even be able to play it at the right speed is a joy that's only been with us for about a year, and that is thanks to some clever hacking rather than an official patch

I don't know about the challenges sorry

WhipBamBoom
4th February 2006, 02:55 PM
Lets say I want Wipeout XL to play properly on XP. If anyone knows of any sites or has any tipers that would really help then I'd appreciate it if you post it on this site. I already have the 1024*768/speed patch so speed is not the issue here. If someone is aware of the contact who created that patch then please send me an email at mikegeismar@hotmail.com.

Lion
13th February 2006, 10:06 AM
I installed and had another shot at this. I have lost my copy of the second version of the speed correction patch and all the links on here are dead, but with the first version (and also the original base version):

1) The shadows below the ships are not semi transparent.
- I think this was just the implimentation on the PC/mac version, at least in direct3D mode, maybe not on a powervr card
2) There are no turbo trails
- Default is flare only, had to hit F4 until the trails were on full. on mac I get trails but no flare :(
3) the challenge levels do not play properly (weapons are enabled but only I can use them? is that how the challenge 1 levels are suppossed to be?)
- I had to avoid a lot of weapons fire in challenge 1, so it definitely works

I have a problem whereby I can STILL only use up to 800x600, hopefully the second patch will fix that.
in my sound mixer the volume on the wave channel is set to 0 on exiting the game. this is another thing I hope is fixed in the second speed patch.
if anyone has the second version of the speed patch, please can you pm me? I want to be able to play with my 2097 disk in the drive, it's just not the same without the music

Boon
6th March 2006, 10:25 PM
I am also looking for the second version of the speed patch - maybe somebody can upload it again somewhere (or send me a PM ;) )