PDA

View Full Version : Cheater AI!!!

miufs
12th January 2006, 03:56 PM
This happened to me yesterday:

I was playing in the Phantom class, Ascension Tournament.
I was flying a Feisar and in my front there was a Auricom who dropped a bomb. I managed to escape the bomb but immediatly after that the Auricom ship drops another bomb WITHOUT running over a weapon/item pad!!!! So how the hell it had 2 bombs???
As i wasnt expecting that i hit the bomb and lost a few places! :mad:
I always knew those Auricom bastards were a cheaters! LOL

As this ever happened to anyone? ;)

JABBERJAW
12th January 2006, 05:10 PM
Absolutely yes, Iv'e had them fire weapons at me after I activated shield only to send another right at me the split second my shields came off without running over a pad. here's the reason just to get a huge lead right off the bat if you can

Rouni Kenshin#1
12th January 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm not entierly sure that it has happened to me but it might have.

As for how i feel about this cheat in the AI, I don't care, i still win even with such unfair advantages.
So my question is Did you win the race or lose?

miufs
13th January 2006, 09:49 AM
So my question is Did you win the race or lose?

It happened on lap 5 therefore i had no time to catch up with the leader again.
I placed 3rd. =/

lunar
13th January 2006, 10:18 AM
With limited development time I guess that`s how they made the game tough enough. Though great AI would be ideal, I`d rather it was like this than the AI play fair, but it`s too easy. As Al says, the key is to have a great first lap.

Distrupto
13th January 2006, 03:40 PM
As this ever happened to anyone? ;)

Sure, the AI can pull a weapon out of nothing. How else does medevil recharge its shields a millisecond after being hit by plasma? That too after firing its own weapon and not having gone over a pad. The best idea is never come directly ahead or behind an AI, and keep away from them like bombs(unless u have shields on;) ). Sometimes when u hit em with rockets, they keep going for a while and when u reach them, they suddenly reverse and ram u hard with their rear, and then continue normally.:pirate :frown:

username
13th January 2006, 03:44 PM
i have also found that too! BUT it does not really affect me that much, so i dont really mind

stin
13th January 2006, 07:46 PM
Yes that happens to me somethimes and got to start all over again :(

stevie:)

Rouni Kenshin#1
14th January 2006, 02:05 AM
iguess that it's all luck i can't tell you how many times i've been on the home streach in wipeout and Mario Kart and gotten nailed and end up in 3 or 5th. So while better AI would be nice afew wepons out of nowhere still dosent stop us.

Renegäde
19th January 2006, 05:58 PM
I dont remember this happening to me, it probably has if its as common as it sounds but i havent really looked out for it or noticed anything similar.