PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Lap

[KOD]SpYBOT
7th January 2006, 01:18 AM
Aloha guys,

Just wondering what constitutes a perfect lap in Wipeout Fusion.

Thanks,

[KOD]SpYBOT:rock

Mobius
7th January 2006, 09:28 AM
A perfect lap is whn you complete a lap without colliding into the walls, or other craft. Getting rammed from behind by another craft of getting shot doesn't count as these are not your fault.

simple :)

Lance
7th January 2006, 09:48 AM
getting rammed or shot is also your fault, yes? ;)

i thought that a perfect lap would be defined as one in which you lose no shield energy from any cause, but perhaps that is only true of the earlier game versions.

SMThomas
7th January 2006, 03:49 PM
Yes the perfect lap is made by not causing damage to your ship, however, avoiding attacks from others can be hard.

You can get perfect laps easier if you play Zone and Time Trial.

Sausehuhn
7th January 2006, 04:39 PM
...or Florion Height and Mandrashee :dizzy

[KOD]SpYBOT
8th January 2006, 02:13 AM
lol - My favorite track is Mandrashee, track 3.

I really like the faster, less technical tracks where its all out speed runs.

On Mandrashee, my favorite part is going through that tunnel hitting both of those two, 6-deep blue boosters, hitting the high turn and just before the jump hitting both of the blue booster pads on opposite sides of the track, and if I'm lucky I gotta turbo that I can launch off the next jump at the end of the tunnel, and skip most of that big turn.. woo hoo!

:rock

SpY

Sausehuhn
8th January 2006, 12:12 PM
Yes, Mandrashee is a really fast track. One time I was that fast on the last jump before the finishline that I was teleported back to another part of the track, because when I jumped over the side panel I was nearer at the other part than the part I was actually flying at.

Btw: there's another bug in WipEout Fusion: when you've a perfect lap in the 3rd lap (so the last one) the computer won't count this lap as a perfect one... a bit frustrating when you've 3 perfect laps in a row and then the screen just shows up 2...

SMThomas
8th January 2006, 05:54 PM
SpYBOT']lol - My favorite track is Mandrashee, track 3...

Then you'll love WipEout Pure because Mandrashee is included as a hidden track, the only drawback is that it uses virtual scenery so it's hard to recognise it (for me, I was beginning to remember the layout but remembered the last part of the track before the finish line).

Anyway, Mandrashee is a good track, I like the part you go in the tunnel where you pick up a lot of speed.

Sausehuhn
8th January 2006, 06:24 PM
yes, but it's just Mandrashee 1...

...they should have taken 3 or 2 reverse...

[KOD]SpYBOT
9th January 2006, 11:42 PM
I don't have a PSP yet, but when I get one I'll definitely pickup Wipeout Pure.

:cowboy

SpY

Attention Moderator, I linked your site from my site :)

Lance
10th January 2006, 02:54 AM
i doubt that Rob would mind the link ;) but thanks for telling us.

JABBERJAW
10th January 2006, 03:45 PM
Perfect laps are different for different versions of the game. xl/2097 you just can't hit the wall, everything else goes. Wipeout 3 you can't run into other vehicles(not sure about weapons). wipeout 1 I think is just not hitting the wall and fusion I believe is just the wall as well(but I'm not sure about this). wipeout 64 is just don't hit the wall as well I believe.