PDA

View Full Version : Best Single Lap Time Competition

SilentShadow13
5th January 2006, 08:52 PM
This is for Wipeout Pure. in this little competition, all competitors should post their best lap times. please list the track, best lap time, and ship used. you may use either race or time trial mode records in the competition, but please use your Flash times. (I hope everyone has flash unlocked...) any ship other than MediEvil or Zone may be used, but for now, please only post single lap times for the Alpha tracks. other tracks, such as those in Beta, may be added later.

I will start:

Vineta K: 0.29.67 Triakis
Modesto Hights: I need to work on this one...
Chenghou Project: 0.39.50 Triakis
Blue Ridge: I need to work on this one to...

Your turn!

Lion
6th January 2006, 01:09 AM
btw: unusual for someone so early in the game to have taken to triakis

flash:
vineta: tigron: 29.48
modeseto: my entire timetable is filled with medieval. best lap 32.29
chenghou: assegai: 36.93
blue ridge: assegai: 37.45

the times I have were enough to get me past, I haven't tried whittling them down at all. so most are sub-optimal

^edited by Lance: irrelevant content removed.^

SilentShadow13
9th January 2006, 06:58 PM
OK... I'm not even going to reply to most of that because I would probably get banned... Anyway, the new times are as follows:

Vineta K: 0.28.97: Triakis (SilentShadow13) Sorry, Lion, just got it...
Modesto Hights: None Set
Chenghou: 0.36.39: Assegai (Lion)
Blue Ridge: 0.37.45: Assegai (Lion)

I'm not a new pilot...

Lance
10th January 2006, 02:17 AM
the conditions of a challenge are set by the originator of the challenge; anyone is free to participate or not, but if they choose to participate, then they should abide by the conditions. in this case, all times in any class but Flash are irrelevant. please post only times for Flash. i have edited to remove all times that are not for that class. an ill-mannered bragging insult is also about to be removed as soon as i finish this post. i am not leaving that comment here to embarass anyone, but to remind everyone to stick to the WipeoutZone guidelines. sorry i'd not gotten to this earlier. i've been distracted by other things during the past couple of weeks.

Lion
10th January 2006, 03:36 AM
I'm sorry for being thoughtless with my earlier comments, it was not my intention to offend.
on seeing that one of my times in here had been topped I went back and had a go at lowering my times and managed it on three of the four tracks :)

Vineta K: 0.27.72: Piranha (Lion) this is shaping up to be a good battle :)
Modesto Heights: 31.45: Assegai (Lion) finally beat out those medievals
Chenghou: 0.36.39: Assegai (Lion) dammit I can't beat my old time on this
Blue Ridge: 0.36.45: Assegai (Lion) sweet! dropped it by a full second

DjManiac21
1st February 2006, 08:18 AM
Hi people! I´m new to this forum but beeing playing this game since it came out!

Here are my times for the Alpha league, Flash class (managed to beat all the best times :D :

Vineta k 0.25.99 (1,73 s faster)
Modesto Heights 0.31.33 (0.12s faster)
Chenghou 0.35.68 (0.71s faster)
Blu Ridge 0.36.10 (0.35s faster)

Rouni Kenshin#1
1st February 2006, 09:24 PM
modesto hihgts(31.16)
Blue Ridge(35.44)
those are my up times now i must beat the others.

DjManiac21
1st February 2006, 10:28 PM
I got 0.29.70 on Modesto Heights :D
Now i have to try Blue Ridge :)

eLhabib
1st February 2006, 10:38 PM
maybe you guys want to have a look at this: http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/view.php?class=flash

just to see what's possible...

DjManiac21
1st February 2006, 10:50 PM
Thanx man! I already uploaded my best time for Vineta K on Vector, currently first 0.33.37. And i hope to add more times as i try to make number 1.
Thanx for the page!!!! I have it in my Favourites!!! :D

didgemon
4th February 2006, 08:41 PM
maybe you guys want to have a look at this: http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/view.php?class=flash

just to see what's possible...
Is that only American version or also for europe? Can I download the american ghosts?

Hellfire_WZ
4th February 2006, 10:23 PM
Only ghosts for your version will work, I think the majority of them are marked for which version they are.

Lion
5th February 2006, 08:12 AM
and those that aren't are usually for the us version

username
5th February 2006, 08:17 PM
i havent seen that for the euro version! some pretty impressive times there, ill have to look for ones i can compete with :sonar

G'Kyl
9th February 2006, 08:42 PM
It's been a while since I played any Wipeout game, but just this morning I got hooked again by the idea of trying some fast laps. Since Pure has got so many ships to try and I lack time to figure out which one would be best for me I decided to stick with the usual suspect: Qirex. (Not that it is even remotely the interesting or effective ship it used to be in the first three games, but anyway.) So, after a couple of laps at Vineta K here's a 26.44. I recon there is still about a second I couldn't find on the track, but I'll try this one as well as the other tracks at the weekend.

Ben

UPDATE on the times:

Vineta K - 26.44
Modesto Hights - 29.52
Blue Ridge - 34.62

Wish there was a negcon converter for PSP ;), since I still don't get along very well with analog sticks.

Lance
9th February 2006, 08:49 PM
Ben, it is really good to see you back here. :)

G'Kyl
10th February 2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks a lot. :) Although technically I have never been away, it's just that I probably work too much ;), which is why I only had a quick look at the forums and left a comment every once in a while.

I might also try beating some 2097 records at the weekend. The only reason I played Pure yesterday was because I got fired up by SilentShadows challenge. Any ideas for a weekend-long XL/2097 contest are appreciated, though. :)

Ben

Asayyeah
12th February 2006, 06:52 PM
Hello Ben , i am happy to read you again.
I am sure i can find time for you and a special XL/2097 contest.
I am actually busy by Pure and playing online with the most talentous pilots over there, and it should be very cool for us if you can join to the wonderful world of X-link Kai.
I pitifuly sorry not to find this fabulous Neg-converter for psp :paperbag .
Damn ! hope a generous smartass programmer could arrange that :rolleyes:

G'Kyl
12th February 2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, but it would look stupid - the controller being larger than the console and all. ;-))
Anyway, I'm afraid I won't join you online since I lack both time and a WiFi connection to my computer. :| (Didn't even manage to play more than 4 hours for this contest here. Hopefully, I'll get at least one decent lap for Chengho Project down...)
By the way, good to read you too, Arnaud! I missed a few threads, so in short, how do you like Pure compared to the 2097 and 3?

Ben