PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Most Played Pure version.

InvaderF00
1st January 2006, 11:41 PM
I have been wondering about this due to that fact that a personal goal it to get all of the golds across all three versions of the game, but each has it's own added content.

The EURO version has the most unique content with the Omega Pack (It does rule...).

The JAP version has the most content. Coca-Cola, Continue, Packs earlier than the rest, but do you really nead 4 versions of Koltiwa?

The USA Version doesn't really have that much going for it besides... uh... um... Don't mess with Texas.

So what's your favorite/most played version of the game?
Damn I wish I could have done a poll.

Lion
2nd January 2006, 04:07 AM
US version has/does get the most play because I got it first.
the EU version I prefer though for the new music packs that came out recently, the omega tracks are excellent and I get to pilot a 2097 style qirex
I do not have the JP version

Distrupto
2nd January 2006, 01:01 PM
You totally forgot my old Asian version!!! If the USA version doesnt have much going for it, this has nothing going for it. Since ive had it for much longer, its been played more however the Omega rules, its just wild.:D I never got Delta for Euro cause I dont want any advertising in it. The best place to fly a 2097 Qirex is in 2097 itself.:)

username
2nd January 2006, 01:30 PM
i havent managed to download anything tet but the euro version of the game definetly!

lunar
2nd January 2006, 04:09 PM
I only have the US and Euro versions. I`ve probably forgotten some stuff, but anyway:

US Version:

The Good: Unbranded Delta packs. No unrealistic AI ships apart from Medievil. Generally the absence of extraneous, unwanted marketing stuff - it`s Pure. Also the best version to find a good race on Kai.
The Bad: No Omega pack. You have to swap UMDs if you`re in the mood for Burgertown Races.
The Ugly: Crashes PSP coming out of sleep mode, except on the main menus.

Euro Version:

The Good: Omega Packs: You have access to all tracks without changing UMD. Lots of decent extra music tracks you can use with the game, from some of PureUrban, Oblivion and VoiceofCod. Sleep mode doesn`t crash the PSP, afaict.
The Bad: Bug on Exostra Run in Euro Gamma pack. This track often freezes my PSP during or after the race. Omega and Puma ships can enter races as AI ships, which leads to a general lack of real wipeout ships in races sometimes, though I don`t do many vs AI races. This version is wipeout-lite and marketing-heavy in places.
The Ugly: Delta pack given the Puma treatment.

Overall I think Euro is the best, mainly because of the Omega Pack, but it`s a mixed bag and you have to hold your nose when the big black cat is around. Euro is the one inside my PSP usually - so I guess I voted for that already.

Beren
2nd January 2006, 08:48 PM
I only have the US version and don't really have a way to get another version. But I'd go for Euro if given the option!

Rouni Kenshin#1
2nd January 2006, 11:14 PM
I've only got the us version but am quite happy with it.
I see a lot of people saying that it's not as good because it dosen't have as many downlaods but that's not it's fault.