PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the gold medals...

miufs
1st January 2006, 04:16 PM
When we place 1st in a track why doesnt the gold medal appear in the track selection?
I mean, everytime i want to know if i already placed 1st in a track i have to go to my profile and memorize the races i´ve won?
Thats very confusing and annoying... :(
Please help! ;)

Rouni Kenshin#1
1st January 2006, 07:19 PM
taht is a bit of a pain when i was trying to get a few golds but usually if just pick them up when i'm racing for fun. I find that when it's not for a gold i race better. Has anyone else expierenced this also?

miufs
2nd January 2006, 09:49 AM
I find that when it's not for a gold i race better. Has anyone else expierenced this also?

Yes, maybe its because we´re not under pressure. :D
That also happens to me in another Studio Liverpool racing game, Formula One 05, which is btw another excelent game from these guys! ;)

infoxicated
2nd January 2006, 01:42 PM
It is a bit of an oversight in the user interface design, I agree - it is a pain having to page through the progress screens to see what medals are missing, then having to go all the way out to the top level and back through the race selection process to tackle it.

If I'd been in charge you'd have had the ability to jump to the ship selection screen directly from a missing medal. Oh, and the menus would wrap too... and they'd remember what your option had been on the previous levels. Usability - it's not just for websites. ;)

miufs
2nd January 2006, 02:37 PM
If I'd been in charge you'd have had the ability to jump to the ship selection screen directly from a missing medal.

That would be a lot easier. I would love that. :D
Maybe in next Wipeout!

Btw, is there anyway we can write and make suggestions to the guys at Studio Liverpool? Maybe they wont listen to us but we can try! ;)

Sausehuhn
2nd January 2006, 03:50 PM
Take a look at the "WipEout Future - forum", there you can post ideas and stuff. The guys from Studio Liverpool also read here sometimes and (if I'm right) there are also a few ideas from these forums in WipEout Pure, so maybe, if you've a good idea, you can see it in the next WipEout! :)

miufs
5th January 2006, 05:34 PM
Sweeet!
Thanks for the info!
I´ll post some ideas there! :D

Better start thinking... ;)

exarkann
5th January 2006, 08:53 PM
i like how w3o had the chart of golds. i could see what tracks i had gotten gold in, as well as what craft i had used. i play the game all the way through, using all the craft on all the maps. the pure system does make it hard to know what craft i have gotten gold with...