PDA

View Full Version : noob question re: medals

mirkle
31st December 2005, 03:49 PM
Hi all ! This is my first post to this forum so please be kind :)
Ive been playing Wipeout Pure for a couple of days now and have been keeping an eye on the medals tally in the progress area.
Can I ask - why are some of the medals shown fainter? I achieved a silver medal at modesto heights inthe venom class but the progress window still shows a faint bronze medal in this box.

Rouni Kenshin#1
31st December 2005, 04:12 PM
are you sure that you are looking in the right section(the Time Trial or Single Race). If not thatn i have no idea why it's like that but since your new i offer you my slice of pizza:pizza

mirkle
31st December 2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, definiteley looking at the right screen.
For the single races, i have gold medals in the vector class for the alpha courses - these are shown normally.
For the venom class, i have a gold for vineta k (shown normally), a bronze for modesto heoghts (shown faint), a bronze for chenghou (shown normally) and a bronze for blue ridge (shown faint).
Pic attached - see what you think.

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2005, 07:12 PM
You sure they're bronze? Look like silvers to me. Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me?

Rouni Kenshin#1
31st December 2005, 07:13 PM
from your pic it seem that you have no problem what so ever. Your Medesto Hights has a silver medel on venom. What's you problem?:?

stin
31st December 2005, 07:56 PM
That is definatley silver unless you change the skin into "hacker" and that will reveal everything.

stevie ;)

mirkle
31st December 2005, 08:22 PM
okay guys - i think you may be right
dont look like silver to me though !

Rouni Kenshin#1
31st December 2005, 08:58 PM
the one on Medesto is but the on on Chenchou project is a bronze as you said. Maby your color blind?:redface:

mirkle
1st January 2006, 12:22 PM
changed the skin to hacker as stin suggested - all much clearer now
happy new year all !

SMThomas
6th January 2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the message and by downloading the packs on it's official website, you get more cool skins!

I'm using piranha skin at the moment and it's relaxing for my eyes sometimes (even without light).

Lion
6th January 2006, 08:02 PM
I find higher contrast easier for my eyes. as such I'm using the gamesradar skin on my eu version