PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

whipitout
29th December 2005, 08:56 PM
Is is possible to get 2 players plus 6 PSP racers on pure multiplayer?

username
29th December 2005, 09:31 PM
if by that you mean 2 human players with there own psp's and 6 other computer players- no. this is because therre would be way too much information to pass over the wifi link.

welcome: whipitout!

whipitout
29th December 2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Really? thats shite! even the serial link cable on Wipeout could do that. you cant believe a 10 year advancement leaves you with 2 ****ing cars on the track with no catch up facility.

infoxicated
1st January 2006, 12:24 PM
It does suck a bit, but then so does the fact the team was limited to using only 2/3 of the PSP's power. Perhaps if they'd had access to the full potential we'd have seen drones in multiplayer.

lunar
1st January 2006, 12:46 PM
AI ships might be a nice option to have in multiplayer, but then the last thing I would want in a tense battle against human opponents is for the outcome to be affected by the chance actions of an AI ship. You might get a lot of unfair results and pointless races: one hit from the psycho AI and it`s game over, while your opponent romps away infront. I think multiplayer works brilliantly in Pure, and until the AI behave more like humans do I wouldn`t want them anywhere near the multiplayer game anyway, and they should always be switch offable whatever happens. :)

Rouni Kenshin#1
1st January 2006, 07:13 PM
well considering the life spand of a handheld generation is generally longer than the one of the consoles i think that we might even see this edition in a sequel to pure neer the end of the psp and the begining of the psp2.

Lance
1st January 2006, 07:28 PM
well, that used to be the case when there was essentially no competition for the Nintendo GameBoy handhelds, but now with Sony in the race, there is a race, so that may change.

Rouni Kenshin#1
1st January 2006, 10:39 PM
I say that too but then i begin to thing about how fast the prosessors have to be befor the Co's start to develp new consoles and then they have to wait for that kind of power to get smaaaalll. You could argue that the handhelds would just not be as powerfull but still come aout as frequently but tell that to our little friend psp.

Lion
2nd January 2006, 04:01 AM
@lunar I agree with what you said about them not messing up the experience. but on the other hand, as long as it's a toggle it's preferable to have an option and always turn it off than to not have an option.

if it's a maybe for a future sequel, please throw it in :)

SilentShadow13
9th January 2006, 07:32 PM
I dont know anyone with a PSP and Wipeout, but I have heard that you can get the little thing online. How is this possible? And I dont think that multiplayer AI is Such a great idea. it should be human vs human.

Hellfire_WZ
9th January 2006, 08:53 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2148

Everything you need to know is here :)