PDA

View Full Version : PSP2TV AND wipeout at 333mgz combo review

JABBERJAW
25th December 2005, 11:25 PM
The Psp2tv works quite well. It fits widescreen onto any TV, and looks better on the better the tv you have, so those with HD tvs should be psyched. It also has a full screen option, but this just stretches the whole screen, so it looks worse. You can plug in a s-video cable which definitely looks better than the av cable. The sound cables can be sent right to your audio setup. there is some jaggies on the ships and backgrounds, but looks easily good enough to play. not as good as the psp screen, but certainly not bad. They obviously didn't put in a lot of textures since you couldn't see them on that little screen. Overall, I would give the video a B, it looks way better than I thought it would( I thought it would be blurry), but not as good as the psp screen. For me it seems easier to play because you can see the game in large view making it like an older style wipeout game, where you don't have to squint to see things, and it's easier to spot mines quicker, and with the sound system you can make it as loud as you like. The dual shock controller is nice to use, but it is still a little hard to do pitch control foward without weaving for the speed boost( I suspect a ps2 steering wheel is in order)(NO, an negcon does not work). I am using an analog wireless joystick for the game, and that works pretty well, but pitch control is still a little hard. Now the good part, I finally got my psp back to a 1.5 operating system and am now able to play the game at 333 mgtz. One word, Awesome!. Smooth all the time(in the short time I played it). Even when you start a race with a full field of ships before any weapons go off, you can tell it is running faster and smoother. I went back and forth a few times between 222 and 333 and there was NO comparison. Unless you can play at 333, don't even try it, because then you will know what you are missing. It was even running smoothly through the tunnels on modesto heights with weapons going off( I didn't see quake that time, but I don't think that would bother as well). Overall, I give this whole setup a A-, only due to the jaggies on the textures. I suspect that sony someday will allow the 333 upgrade(granturismomobile perhaps?), but until then I know I get to play a better game than anyone else. Yes, that is a little bit of a gloat, but hopefully more will be able to do this.

Sven
26th December 2005, 07:43 PM
How's Zone Mode on the big screen?

Asayyeah
1st January 2006, 02:20 PM
That sounds great Al , i am heavily curious to see what kind of crazy records time you can do with that system :o .
Anyway i am not sure to buy PSP2TV : the issue of crashing your PSP is too high for me . For a 100% Neggie connectivity i could probably take that risk... But it appears it hasn't got that function :frown:

Sausehuhn
1st January 2006, 02:31 PM
then sell your old PSP and buy a new one with PSP2TV already installed - then there's no risk!

infoxicated
1st January 2006, 02:50 PM
What if he actually wants a portable gaming console?

Sausehuhn
1st January 2006, 03:04 PM
when you've PSP2TV installed it's still a portable Playstation - but you get problems with the cases etc.
And well... the facesplates also don't look that high quality :/

Asayyeah
1st January 2006, 03:13 PM
Exactly Rob ( btw happy new year for your site & all your new family in Liverpool ;) ) . i need to keep my console for what it is : a truly fantastic portable gamin' experience.

Anthony ( sleh-0003) is supposed to win with his job a psp and he has got already one, we had a discussion last time to eventually buy a psp2TV system for it, but which could positively decide us would be to see the difference in term of recordtime between us and PSP2AL 8)

Lance
1st January 2006, 05:52 PM
PSP2Al. hehe. i'm having enough problems with PS1Arnaud. :D

Asayyeah
1st January 2006, 07:15 PM
:hyper Lancinator, PSP2AL & PS1Arnaud , those 3 droids are brought to you by ' StudioWipeout' : watch out they are unique :D

JABBERJAW
12th January 2006, 03:42 PM
PS1Arnaud needs to be banned, the programming was too much for anyone to beat, kinda like the computer beating kasparov