PDA

View Full Version : congratulations to the Pure team

Lance
20th December 2005, 09:06 PM
you may have seen Rob's announcement on the WZ homepage that Pure has been given some awards by IGN. best racing game, best design, and some first runnerups. give it a read or go to IGN and check it out. my congratulations to the designers and developers for all their inspired design and hard work! great going, guys. :)

Hellfire_WZ
20th December 2005, 10:07 PM
Excellent work. Not only to see it win its category, but to be named a runner-up for the PSP Game Of The Year is nothing short of what it deserves. Well done to everyone at SL.:clap

eLhabib
20th December 2005, 10:12 PM
I am pissed it didn't make PSP game of the year, tho. It really should've. It is THE BEST original PSP title. GTA is just a re-hash of an existing game, and therefore doesn't deserve the title IMO. Lumines is a great, innovative game, but it is nowhere near the technical excellence and design expertise as purE. Plus, all this downloadable content really shows the competition how it is done RIGHT.

Once again, big applause to the guys at Studio Liverpool, you guys ROCK.

Sausehuhn
21st December 2005, 12:03 PM
Congratulations again! Pure is really a good game and takes the game to another level. I thought it could have been the end of the game if SL had make the same mistakes as they did with Fusion - but they showed that I was wrong and that makes me really happy.
It is a wonderful PSP title and also guarantees that a new WipEout can be made in the next few years.
You've done a great work Studio Liverpool, Pure is real a WipEout :)

...even when it hasn't EG.r in it ;)

Dimension
21st December 2005, 12:57 PM
Hey, fantastic! Good to hear praises being sung for WipEout; that peeps are saying good things and the pilots here are still playing says it's been a great success as a new installment, kudos Studio Liverpool :)

Dominator
22nd December 2005, 08:57 AM
Right on eLhabib, why the f*ck didn't Pure win PSP game of the year?
Can't think of any game within the PSP library that comes even close to the originality and tech brilliance of Pure, all those downloads, what other game keeps you coming back for more, imo, none!!!!
Congrats SL, so very well deserved :D

Lance
22nd December 2005, 03:31 PM
i suspect it's because racing games are down fairly far on the list of popular game categories. for some reason i can't understand, platformers, FPSs, 'action adventures', and RPGs seem to be far more popular. it's rare to see a new racing game, hence most of the reviews and other attention in the gamesites and game mags are about other things. it takes some fantastic high quality in a racing game, something really special to break through that wall of popularity to get notice. apparently Wipeout Pure has that something, and did well to score as high with gamesite reviewers as it has.

Sven
22nd December 2005, 04:23 PM
Can't think of any game within the PSP library that comes even close to the originality and tech brilliance of Pure
Well, I wouldn't exactly call Pure "original." It is the 5th game in a series, after all. But it certainly beats GTA in that area.

Kudos to SL!

yawnstretch
28th December 2005, 08:35 PM
As I finish off what must be my zillionth race I have to say:

Congrats again PurE Team - you are modern day geniuses, artists, visionaries and hard workers and deserve to be truly recognised as such.

Distrupto
31st December 2005, 04:57 AM
Congrats SL! I too agree that GTA was just a slightly modified version of its predecessor, and PurE was so different from Fusion. The only prob is the fact that they gave the Asian version no downloads but with the Euro version too, thats not much of a problem.

lunar
1st January 2006, 12:55 PM
I`d like to add my congrats to the team: well done, you deserve it! LCS is fab, but Pure was the best game of the year, really: a reinvention of a flagging franchise, rather than a highly entertaining rehash of one the public is already familiar with.

miufs
1st January 2006, 01:25 PM
I friends!
It my first post here althoug i play WO since the 1st game. =)

I have to say that this is one of the best WO i ever played, only matched by WO2097.
Fusion was not very good but now Studio Liverpool (why didnt you guys kept the brand Psygnosis??? :( ) gave us a piece of art.

Many thanks SCE and SL!
I love yaaa!!! xD

Cheers from Portugal! ;)

Lance
1st January 2006, 05:16 PM
hi, miufs, welcome to the WipeoutZone. :)

to answer your question about Psygnosis: the company doesn't exist under that name anymore. Sony bought them out completely in 1998, before Wipeout 3 was introduced. they let the name fade away. Studio Liverpool was the one where the first two Wipeout games were designed, but all or nearly all of the people who were there then, are gone now.

miufs
1st January 2006, 05:49 PM
Oh, i see.
I though they only changed their name and logo. Didnt knew they were a completely different team.
Thanks for the info Lance! ;)

PS: Thanks for the welcome!
Im glad i found this site cause Wipeout seems to be a cult game instead of a mainstream game. People only talk of GTAs and FIFAs and when i talk of Wipeout they dont know the series very well... Its sad! But now i have a place to talk about WO!!!! :) ;)