PDA

View Full Version : advice needed...

exarkann
4th December 2005, 11:07 PM
so yes, i'm currently playing fusion. yes i know it isnt very good. i still want to beat it so i can say i have. i'm having trouble with the elimination challenges, i'm a better racer than a killer... so.

how do i get gold on these? is there a tactic that works best for taking out the opposition? i've tried sticking at the back of the pack, to pick off the weaker ones, no dice. trided keeping in the middle, so i can take advantage of the massive amount of damage being delt there... no dice.
i've even tried camping... lol that was bad..

any ideas?

eLhabib
5th December 2005, 10:37 AM
drop every weak weapon you get instantly, and when you get a powerful one (rockets, missile, plasma) aim carefully ;)

username
5th December 2005, 03:01 PM
try to stay in the middle of a really large pack so that when you get a diecent weapon the aiming is not such a big problem

Sausehuhn
6th December 2005, 05:50 PM
1. The most important thing is:
most elimination-challenges just have two weapons. Most time one bad and one good. There's a system behind which weapon you will get.
For example:
You've a challenge with rockets and grenades. When you got a rocket, you will get a grenade next. Then again a rocket and then again a grenade and so on.
Rockets are totally unusabel for eliminations, so you should throw them away and watch out for the next weapon pad where you will get grenades.

2. You should (so that tactic works fine most time - but not always) try to get the 1st place at first. So when you've eliminated the 1st place, the next comes, then the next and so on - so you're never really searching for opponents.
You shouldn't try to eliminate the last places, because you can't get the higher places than. So you have to wait till they overlaped you. And if you've bad luck they're already over the finish line and that's the point where you can't eliminate them anymore.

3. Watch out for Van-Ubers and Piranhas.
Don't try to eliminate G-tech or Tigron. It's a waste of time. Maybe you can destroy them, but then you haven't enough time for the other crafts you have to eliminate.

4. If you want to destroy a ship, DON'T EVER LEAVE IT!!
When you fired at an opponent his craft will stop. Try to do the same, but never stop completely, because it's more difficult to accelerate again (maybe you have to when a craft is crossing your way that is smouldering alot more than the one you're fireing at) when your craft stand completely still than when your craft moves slowly.

5. Try to keep an eye (or better on ear) on the "Contender eliminated". Many times I was searching for crafts e.g. on Mandrashee 2 reverse when everybody was already eliminated. That can be really frustrating if you still have 2 or 3 laps to fly. Restart here.

Hope that can help, I'm also not very good in eliminating and like flying alot more, but these tactics worked for me :)

exarkann
7th December 2005, 12:01 AM
at the moment i'm on the 4th feisar challange, and its an elimination. i need 3 kills or more to gold. mandrashee map, weapons- rockets and missles, in alternating order. neither are particulary strong weapons, and the feisar ship isnt very well shielded, or very fast... however, i'm good on the map.

the hunt down first place tatic isnt very effective here, as feisar isnt fast enough... the stick with the pack tatic isnt so good either, low shields...

help?!

SMThomas
19th December 2005, 10:14 PM
Well missiles should do the trick but if you want to use rockets as they are effective then try to aim carefully with the craft's nose towards a target and shoot if close enough and on good aim, if it goes well then it should be effective. Oh yes be careful of the track (and don't bump too much onto the track sides) and don't go ahead of many opponents, just a few would do.

It should be easy as I have gained a gold for it ages ago, just keep practicing and you should complete it with a gold award.

P.S. I'm good at fusion and I kinda like the elimination challenges too, well i'm just half-way of completing the whole game though...

[KOD]SpYBOT
24th December 2005, 07:17 PM
Alot of times what works for me when using plasma bolt or rockets is just
timing into turns. You know how long it takes for that plasma bolt to charge up as u head into a turn, if you fire ur bolt in the apex of a turn as your sliding it helps ya aim and you yaw at the same time.

I'm stoked I found this forum. Until yesterday I thought I was one of the only people who play Wipeout Fusion! LOL :dizzy

[KOD]SpYBOT

http://www.kodgamers.com

username
24th December 2005, 07:37 PM
forget missiles! they are crap!
btw: welcome, (Kod) spybot!

exarkann
24th December 2005, 07:45 PM
so i should stick to using the rockets? explain, please... i was under the impression that the missles were more powerful..

Drakkenmensch
25th December 2005, 12:44 PM
Spybot: You might want to hold off on the sig file logo. It might be small enough to fit the "50k or less" requirement, but if everybody starts doing it as well, the forum will become an unreadable mess where every thread takes three minutes to download.

Just so you know! Very cool graphics though, looks great :D

Lance
25th December 2005, 03:02 PM
on these forums we don't allow sigs; the purpose of this is to keep the pages fast-loading and readable with the least possible clutter. you've shown the artwork twice now, Spybot, please don't do it again.

since we recently switched to vBulletin for the forum software, the 'option' to show a sig is seemingly available because a checkbox is shown on the post entry page even though sigs are actually disallowed in the admin controls, as you see if trying to enter a sig on your profile page. why this is not reflected in all parts of the software display, we don't yet know. seems to be a bug. but we still don't allow the no-sig rule to be bypassed by repetitive posting of pics or messages or links. any promotion of one's website should appear in the userprofile.

Rapier Racer
27th December 2005, 12:15 PM
Like Sausehuhn said and as much as it pains me to say it yes you need to go Van Uber hunting, remember once you find the Vans you can also damage them by smashing your Feisar into them, you should be able to eliminate them I'd say before you get halfway through the second lap, then you just need to sail around and find a ship thats been damaged by CPU battling you might get luckiy and find a smoking Piranha trailing around on it's own

[KOD]SpYBOT
28th December 2005, 12:25 AM
Sorry for posting the linked sig... and my homepage...
Also, my first post ever on here was in the thread about the Ultimate Wipeout Soundtrack, which still has my sig, I
will see if I can edit and remove for ya.

Arrrr, I'm a pirate!!! :pirate

SEARCH AND DESTROY!!!! :rock