PDA

View Full Version : khara descent + flash + TT wtf

diagram
2nd December 2005, 02:36 PM
Hey all, for some reason, even though i'm usually really at home with Time Trials, even FLASH, I cannot seem to get better than a silver on this track. Are there any particular parts of the track other than the descent and minor chances of doing a barrel roll or using the turbo, to get that extra push?

Just curious if anyone is having the same amount of trouble with this track as I am.

diagram
2nd December 2005, 02:54 PM
phew, nevermind, that is one tough time trial... Just did it by 2 seconds.
3 perfect laps, turbo the barrel + barrel on the descent, and a lot of jaw grinding. :)

Sausehuhn
2nd December 2005, 03:42 PM
on some thracks you really have to use barrel rolls (and side shifting) to get the golds. Especially on the Delta tracks.
You have to try to make barrel rolls at every point. I made rolls where I thought it would be impossible.
I also used the turbo just for enery-absorbing, cause I needed the energy for the barrel rolls... ok... that was on Vohl Square... more for fun... the track isn't that difficult if you make just a few rolls... but it's so much more fun to make 4 or 5 barrel rolls per lap :rolleyes:

Seek100
2nd December 2005, 05:28 PM
Way I managed it was lots of sideshifting rather than using the steering - it really is a lot quicker, and take the right fork of the descent, because it has the speed pad come on the second section rather than the fourth(?) anyway, once over the speed pad, on the next flat section of track use the turbo and barrel roll, on the landing you're knocked back up into the air and can barrel roll again. On rapier you can manage at least 3 barrel rolls per lap, though some craft might not have the shields to cope with that.

(took ages for me on the Euro version, US I was still kinda in practice for it so 2 attempts, the first I came in at 0.02 of a second slower than the gold time :mad: Gyah!)

P.S. the rapier version is much, much easier, you'll probably manage it first time round.

lunar
2nd December 2005, 05:42 PM
Yep - sideshifting is the way forward. I must admit I had to betray my VanUber for that one - just didn`t have the patience to do it with the Van`s lack of top speed. I used Tigron instead.