PDA

View Full Version : US Delta Pack 2 is LIVE!

Drakkenmensch
1st December 2005, 09:38 AM
Get it through your in-game browser, not yet updated to Wipeoutpure.com at this hour.

Contains 2 tracks: Koltiwa and Khara Descent

Delta league is complete at last! Enjoy!!!

eLhabib
1st December 2005, 10:29 AM
WOOO-HOOO-HOOOOOT!:D expect me on xlink this weekend:rock

Hacker X
1st December 2005, 05:23 PM
Actually its available at Wipeout Pure now too. Woohoo!

Megatron42
1st December 2005, 05:24 PM
* Megatron42 shuts down Battlefield 2 and dusts off PSP again *

eLhabib
1st December 2005, 05:26 PM
there's DUST on your PSP??? HERECY!:pirate

-=>Ichigo<=-
1st December 2005, 05:50 PM
Theres no new ships? i want new ships..... tha Japenese got that one even though it did have different skins too....

Sven
1st December 2005, 06:23 PM
What, no new ship or music? I feel even more shortchanged than before..

Dominator
1st December 2005, 08:38 PM
""What!!"" you guys don't get the :turd Puma branded ships and tracks....
Lucky sods :frown:

Seek100
2nd December 2005, 12:00 AM
What the hell is wrong guys? We all knew Delta is only tracks and skins, Europe and Japan have both had Delta for ages and no music or new teams were added: Puma, Wire05 and Coca-Cola DO NOT COUNT as teams, you got the best deal of all - the Delta league pure and un-sullied by the bullsh*t that has been shoehorned into the Euro and Jap games. (though I haven't heard the Wire05 song - sounds like it might have been good).

Besides SL have been working on this game for fracking ages, they've given you the whole original game - which is what you paid for AND on top of that they've given you months of extra content at zero charge, they did that for free and you're b*tchin' cause they didn't give you more free stuff. True I would have liked for Delta to have contained the last left-out wipEout teams (EG.r, Xios and G-Tech) but we knew that was so unlikely it would never happen... Oh well.

P.S. Dominator - It really looks sweet without the advertising, all the billboards are there, but they're for all the teams and those weird random adverts from the normal game, a wall of nothing but Icaras and Van-Über ads looks amazing. Good thing I got both US and EU versions I suppose.

G0rT
2nd December 2005, 04:52 AM
I think the US delta pack is great, I love the new tracks! The skins are cool too, but I don't like the Triakis one to much as its colours look more Icarus and in the ship select menu you can't even see the stat bar (its all black), as that one just seems kinda thrown together without considering team flavour. But other than that Sudio Liverpool did an awesome job on US delta and the only thing that could have made it even better is an unbranded Al-Vaskei. But I supose it is best not to dwell on the lacking and try and apreciate what is actually there :).

Dogg Thang
2nd December 2005, 09:56 AM
Indeed G0rT, and there is plenty to appreciate.

Seek100
2nd December 2005, 12:39 PM
There is much to appreciate, but there is also something to genuinely complain about - the same f**king bug as was on the Euro version - the tournament pictures wont load, you can see a flash on the screen as if it was about to load the pic, but nothing happens. Also after attempting to load one if you try any of the other tournament pictures, they just come up with a blank screen. Very annoying, you'd think the same bug wouldn't happen twice! LOL Anyway, also there have been an alarming number of crashes for me since putting on the Delta packs. Dunno why.

Sausehuhn
2nd December 2005, 06:47 PM
This is especially for the european gamers:
take a look at Delta without all these Puma stuff. It's like a deeeeep breath you can take without beeing crushed by advertisments...

click me! (http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/imgs_1.html)

Sven
2nd December 2005, 08:35 PM
you're b*tchin' cause they didn't give you more free stuff.I'm not bitching because SL didn't give me more free stuff, I'm bitching because SCEA decided I didn't want all the free stuff that Europe got when it really wouldn't have cost them anything to let me have it.

P.S. I still don't understand what's so bad about a Puma ship. And why don't you consider it a real team? It is, after all, a unique ship...

Megatron42
3rd December 2005, 12:28 AM
Agreed. I would have liked the Triakis skin to be more like the Triakis avatars on this site. The skin has too much white. A nice steely grey would have been cooler (and more fitting of the team!).

But yeah, my friend couldn't believe, especially in this age of gaming production costs, that SL would provide *and host* downloadable content for this long. All hail SL!

Lion
3rd December 2005, 09:58 AM
anyone else missing the victory art form the delta tournaments?
I click the golds and all I get is a slight screen flicker

Seek100
3rd December 2005, 10:01 AM
Sorry Sven, my issue with Puma is that they contributed nothing to the development of pure. Sony already more than recouped the costs of development just through selling the game, but they could make a quick buck by selling ad space in the game, I take it you've seen the Puma branded tracks?

Nothing but a long row of PUMA! PUMA! PUMA! PUMA! PUMA! PUMA! PUMA! as far as the eye can see.

The ships should have been given to real teams, the Puma 2 looks so awesome as a ship design (mainly because it's so heavily based on the 2097 Qireж) but is ruined by the branding of a company that probably/hopefully wont even exist in 2197 who make crap trainers.

Maybe I've just got an anti-corporate streak, I hate it when companies who have nothing to do with the product are allowed to plaster their wares all over someone elses art, to use one of the mainpage quotes:

"The first time they made us hold position for a lap while they broadcast a message from the sponsor – that was the end of it. That was the day it finally lost its soul – the day my great, great grandfathers’ dream died."
Natasha Belmondo, October 2170

Mobius
3rd December 2005, 05:12 PM
Oh the irony.

I know it isnt SL's fault and it has been imposed by sony, but seeignt he unbranded screens makes me kinda angry, it looks a lot nice and just a hashed job, but then i suppose there would've been no omega...why couldn't they use another more relevant company and possibly use a vid advert which scatters itself through the tracks in similar fasion to the kappa billborads in fusion? ( Not that kappa was relevant but you get the point.)

G0rT
3rd December 2005, 10:21 PM
Regarding the issue of the delta tourney art, yes I too have the same problem as you do Lion and I'm guessing so does everyone else, and does anyone know if Studio Liverpool knows of this problem? And if they do, anyone have any idea of when they plan to correct this minor error? Or have they already fixed it and we just need to re-download the pack?

Dominator
5th December 2005, 02:50 AM
This is especially for the european gamers:
take a look at Delta without all these Puma stuff. It's like a deeeeep breath you can take without beeing crushed by advertisments...

Your so so cruel :brickwall
It does look alot nicer than my euro version, but hey, still a bloody awesome game, thanks SL :D

Lion
5th December 2005, 09:52 AM
I have the best of both worlds :)
US version without the ads, and the joy of flying a quantax in the euro version
*says a thankyou to the gods of online commerce*