PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Fusion - Limited Edition Promo-pack

V Kelly
20th April 2002, 12:48 PM
I've got my hands on a Limited-Edition Promo-pack version on Wipeout Fusion for PSX2,
Cool and all, but - I don't own a console, nor do I know anyone with a PSX2, I've had it for a few months and I'm dying to know what it's like past the screenshots and press materials, - so I was wondering if anyone out there knows the differences (if any) between the 'Offical F9000 AG Racing Sim Promo-Pack' and the 'Official Retail Version'
And while I'm asking questions, does anyone know why I can't read the gamedisc in my PC's CD-ROM drive? I.E. Do PSX2 Discs have there own file system??? or possibly it's a DVD-Preview and not the actual game??? Does anyone know any of these answers???

Is there anybody out there?

DWF

Wamdue
24th April 2002, 06:31 AM
you should be able to browse your ps2 disc, but you will only find two files in there.. some .NFO and another I cant remember, you need a special program to unpack these files onto your hdd in order to actually look at how fusion is set up. I did this so that I could listen to the soundtrack on my computer when Im not playing.

I got the limited edition pack too. Im afraid there are no gameplay differances, just the extra press disc. If you want, e-mail me and I will e-mail you the program you should use, I think I still got it somewhere ;)

Thruster2097
2nd May 2002, 11:17 AM
the press disc is for pc-cd rom and the gamedisc is for dvd-rom and/or playstation2. o you wont be able to read the game in your cd-rom. the laser doesnt know how to read lines of information that narrow.
:wamdue-did I read that correct? you finally cracked the fusion disc??? please, pretty please send me that program!!

as for the gold edition, oh yes!!!! It would be so cool to have a "feisar evolution trophy", where all feisars converge together and race two tracks from each era of wipeout.
you could also have a tigron vs. icaras drag race over 10 miles - craft could be split into leagues of single-hull (feisar, iranha) and twin-hull (auricom, vanuber)...... man, we could even include our own teams! sooo coool

Bob Todd
19th May 2002, 03:06 PM
you should be able to browse your ps2 disc, but you will only find two files in there.. some .NFO and another I cant remember, you need a special program to unpack these files onto your hdd in order to actually look at how fusion is set up. I did this so that I could listen to the soundtrack on my computer when I'm not playing.I

Care to enlighten us further? I'd really love to be able to listen to the Fusion tracks when not playing... could you tell me where I can obtain this program?
And can you convert the music files into mp3s?

Wamdue
27th May 2002, 06:24 AM
uhm i dunno from where, I got it from :caz while back. it takes some huge amounts of hdd space, first, the dvd files packed.. then the unpacked folders, i think fusion took about 5-6 or even more gigabytes.

Nathan Adams
1st June 2002, 08:15 AM
now... if there was a gold version for osX - then i might be interested. but that seems to not be an option :wink: