PDA

View Full Version : Omega Videos

lunar
17th November 2005, 08:59 PM
to avoid further thread-jacking I started a new topic for these.

Here, for the benefit of non-euro-owning wipers, we have used Lunar Industries` amazing new PSP2PC technology (a pile of cd`s with a camcorder balanced on it, and a PSP held in a contorted postion just infront of the lens because there was no-one around to hold the camera) to transfer some ghastly videos of the omega packs straight to your personal computer for your information and enjoyment.

Burgertown (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780100/burger_1.wmv.html)

Cardcity (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780311/card1_.wmv.html)

Paris Hair (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780595/paris1.wmv.html)

123 Klan (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780877/klan1.wmv.html)

The files are all around 4 to 4.5mb so just about do-able for dial-up users. Depending on what monitor you have, you may need to lower the brightness of the image to avoid the detail being burnt out. Sorry for the shaky piloting but that`s my dog flying the ship. Honest.

I should also add that videos at this resolution don`t really capture the amount of glorious visual detail and animation there is in these tracks, nor the amazing subtle sound effects, but should give you an idea of what it`s about.

eLhabib
17th November 2005, 11:12 PM
man! these tracks looka amazing! paris hair is like one giant speed rush! I also love the fact that some of the tracks use their own set of boost- and weapon-pads!
I'm loving it! *dadah da dadaaah*:burger

Distrupto
18th November 2005, 11:49 AM
Nice PSP2PC technology, Lunar.:rolleyes: Ur dog was driving? Hwahahahahahahaa!!! Thanks Lunar, u r the first one who helped us non-Euros. Wat trouble it must have been to make ur dog fly an AG ship.

Edit: Hey, ur dog knows how to barrel-roll! It won the race on Burgertown! Amazing.

Choad
18th November 2005, 11:49 AM
paris hair is the best :D

Sven
19th November 2005, 04:15 AM
Fantastic, thanks for posting those (finally). Those tracks look amazing. Those videos are pretty good quality.

The first part of Klan looks very trecherous, could be evil fun in Multiplayer. Cardcity looks like a very fast track, and Paris Hair is rather surreal...

So why aren't we getting these in North America, again? Oh, that's right, because SCEA IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF BRAINLESS NAZI COMMUNIST MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!! (soooo....how's progress coming on that region decoding?)

*adds european Wipeout Pure to wish list, right after Project Gotham Racing 3 and an X-Box 360*

Distrupto
19th November 2005, 04:35 AM
Ur lucky u have SOMETHING, Sven. I dont even have Gamma, Classic2, or Delta.

Paris Hair is just like Proto Zo. Fast and blue-ish purple. The only difference is shape, and the fact that this has strange creatures lurking about with evil laughs. Its like flying through a warp of faces all laughing at you in an evil manner. Cool, nevertheless.:bat :dizzy

CardCity Run doesnt have one thing that the others have, and that an odd creature standing over the track. Klan has the huge monkey, Burgertown has that whateveritscalled thing towards the end with those jumping fries, and Paris has that place where u get swallowed. Instead, Cardcity Run feels like ur some tiny remote control car running through a warehouse of boxes and loose Cardboys. And I used to think that Sinucit or Sol 2 were wild!:rolleyes:

sethseth
21st November 2005, 03:42 AM
Burgertown (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780100/burger_1.wmv.html)

Cardcity (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780311/card1_.wmv.html)

Paris Hair (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780595/paris1.wmv.html)

123 Klan (http://rapidshare.de/files/7780877/klan1.wmv.html)

oh man, it is even better than I thought.. I totally wish this pack to come for US version.. it would be really pity if dont..

username
27th November 2005, 12:02 PM
i cant seem to view them what do i have to click on?

BlackRyn0
27th November 2005, 12:44 PM
Damn thats pretty sick stuff.:guitar

Lance
27th November 2005, 01:08 PM
i downloaded CardCity and 123Klan this morning, and i was impressed at how good they look, knowing they look much better live. and the barrel roll... could lose my cookies doing much of that sort of thing. wheeeeee!! :)

what speed class is that?

------

username, click the ''free'' button at the bottom right corner.

Drakkenmensch
27th November 2005, 02:38 PM
*checks Cardcity Run clip*

Four lap race, that's either Flash or Rapier, but considering the 40+ seconds lap time even with slick piloting, smart money's on Flash.

username
27th November 2005, 02:48 PM
thankyou lance, i have just downloaded card city ---awsome! ---

Distrupto
27th November 2005, 02:58 PM
By the longer lap time and the lower amount of boost from the barrel rolls, it looks like Flash to me. The barrel-rolls r enough to make anyone dizzy on Phantom, and Medievil would get totally destroyed by that.:guitar

The Klor run is rather shaky driving. Goteki really bombarded that bunch of mines. However the other races were rather smooth driving.

username
27th November 2005, 03:10 PM
oh my god on klan1 you can i swear on my life you can hear curly from wip3out say 2? can any of you? take a look now...

Drakkenmensch
27th November 2005, 04:06 PM
The audio range of Curly is very limited, but if you slow down and come to a halt on the spot just before the starting grid, you'll hear "3... 2... 1... GO!" play on a continuous loop :)

lunar
27th November 2005, 04:25 PM
That was Flash. I only recorded one run on each track - so you were lucky to get something even slightly competent on any of them. ;) For some reason when I was making the videos my PSP didn`t play back all of the sound effects on Paris Hair. When you fly through the mouth at the start, and when you`re lining up on the grid, there`s a kind of female moaning sound. Infact I just tested it now and she`s quiet again. I even rebooted the PSP and she`s still not interested. Women! This one obviously gets bad moods from time to time.

username
27th November 2005, 07:46 PM
i thought that i heard a woman moaning on your vidio lunar to.
Drakkenmensch, wont the designers republic be moaning at the wipeout pure creators with there copyright nonsense!

lunar
27th November 2005, 08:18 PM
She`s definitely not there. If she is, it`s on the section from the mouth-tunnel entrance through to the exit from that first tunnel, just before the eyes in the roof.

Drakkenmensch
28th November 2005, 12:08 PM
I think that Sony itself owns the copyright in this case, so they're free to reuse it as they will, much like they re-created the classic tracks in Pure and WO3 SE (Good Technology was able to redo 8 classic tracks without being sued by DR)

username
28th November 2005, 03:29 PM
my fav part on paris hair is when you go through the tunnle with those purple things looking at you angrily (just after the tunnle that looks like the inside of a peacocks tail and laughter) what is your lots fav part of the video?
curly says: 3...2...1...reply! lol

Distrupto
29th November 2005, 11:40 AM
The only such sounds I heard wre the evil laugh from a face before the long droan of evil laughs from those things that look angrily at u.:o

Megatron42
29th November 2005, 04:46 PM
The question is, could the camcorder have taken an external audio feed? Probably too much work with the y-connector and getting the right female/male conversion, and I'm sure you've already considered it, but it would have been cool to have the audio taken directly from the headphone jack, like a movie bootlegger :D

lunar
29th November 2005, 06:35 PM
The R&D phase of the Mk1 PSP2PC was about 45 seconds, so that`ll have to wait for the next version ;) I could have done it without too much drama, but it never occurred to me, to be honest. :redface:

username
30th November 2005, 03:12 PM
i just had a great idea on any new omega packs that could come out soon, instead of just lots of wierd things along the side of the track, it could be hullusinations of the other older wipeouts, for eg: you are goung along the track and you see dr angryman, curly and the fat cat. you know all of that kind of stuff...

eLhabib
30th November 2005, 03:46 PM
problem is, dr.angryman, amongst other icons, is courtesy of the Designers Republic, so you can't just put it in there without asking (=paying).

Oh and the fat cat is in there, look around on ubermall, I am sure you will spot it - TWICE!

Jittery-Joe
30th November 2005, 03:52 PM
I'm sure it's not THE fat cat, but it's probably a damn good impersonator.
Anyway, I can only think of it appearing once...

eLhabib
30th November 2005, 06:13 PM
aah, you forgot about the section where you are going into the mouth of the second fat cat, ey?;)

username
30th November 2005, 08:19 PM
i wonder how much it would cost to buy dr angryman, quite alot i would expect!

Distrupto
3rd December 2005, 08:24 AM
Whose Dr. Angryman???:? The Fat Cat with the fireworks wouldnt be too bad, except Sebenco Climb already has a fat cat "Lucky" which looks pretty similar.

username
3rd December 2005, 10:47 AM
you dont know who dr angryman is? wow, here he is:

Distrupto
4th December 2005, 05:12 AM
Thats Dr. Angryman? Doesnt look too angry to me. I obviously dont know who he is as I dont have W3O.

Lion
4th December 2005, 05:18 AM
he's in 2097 too
and check out http://www.thedesignersrepublic.com/

Distrupto
4th December 2005, 06:27 AM
Aah, ok. I wasnt looking close enough in 2097 to seee him.:redface:

username
4th December 2005, 12:54 PM
at the beggining of 2097 in the video there is a massive neon sign of dr angryman with flashing eyes, i would like one of them to go on top of my house! (back on topic):

exarkann
5th December 2005, 11:51 PM
i miss curly....

ot... where do these maps fit in the wipeout pure world? all the orignal ones are in that terraformed island, right? are all the ones in the packs also on the island?

[edit] upon review of the vids, i'm gonna guess that the omega tracks go through some kind of amusement park... and yes, i belive that voice on 123 klan is curly...
also.. do the omega packs come with new tunes? if so, what are they, and who made them..

Lion
6th December 2005, 05:14 AM
no new tunes. the only additional music we've been able to acquire has been by CoLD SToRAGE.

I like your amusement park idea... I figured it was just another neo-tronic kinda VR thing

Dominator
6th December 2005, 08:30 PM
Amusement park, i like your way of thinking :)

exarkann
6th December 2005, 09:48 PM
thanks.. i figure if the tracks can got through cities, mountains, and malls(omgthattrackisgreat) why not an amusement park? and i figure in the future, amusment parks would seem surreal to peoples like us, what with ag,and holograms and whatnot...

G0rT
6th December 2005, 09:55 PM
Those Omega tracks to me seem way to wonky to even be in the oddest of amusement parks. When I watch the Omega vids or pictures I think of what it looks like to an AG pilot who has been puffin a little to much of the magic dragon, if you catch my drift ;).True Omega may be VERY strange ,but they are cool and creative in their own little way and I wish the rest of the world would get to experience them too.

Lion
6th December 2005, 10:39 PM
the big sweepy split bit towards the end of paris hair is one of my favourite pieces of track in pure... just feels so like something out of wipeout or 2097

username
7th December 2005, 08:13 AM
i miss curly....

i think that we all miss curly, it added a sort of comercial effect to the game dont you think? i think that a sweet little girl saying go in a high pitched voice had a good effect. in the future i would like to see them brink back the designers republic and make sissy say go but with the voice of curly still the same!

eLhabib
7th December 2005, 11:08 AM
I say screw tDR, all the good people have left there. get the DR idea out of your system, it wouldn't lead to results anywhere near 1996. And it's not gonna happen anyway. Plus, you gotta give the guys at SL some props for recreating the true wipEout style all by themselves. Granted, we don't have classic icons like angryman or curly anymore, but then curly represents w3o for me, and will always remind me of it, same with redbull and 2097.

Drakkenmensch
7th December 2005, 11:39 AM
So true. I say if you really want tDR style, 2097 will live forever in our hearts. Even GT will always be remembered for crafting the looks of W3O. SL has a real hit with Pure, so long live SL :)

eLhabib
7th December 2005, 11:45 AM
GT??? as in Good Technology? I think you got something wrong here, w3o is also 'optically enhanced' by tDR. No GT here, only in Fusion.

Drakkenmensch
7th December 2005, 12:46 PM
D'OH! *slaps forehead*

It's still early in the morning here, sorry for the mixup :paperbag

Jittery-Joe
8th December 2005, 11:42 AM
I think tDR should be heralded as an important part of the game's hitory but, as eLhabib said, their time has gone and the stuff Studio Liverpool did in-house was rather good too.
As for GT... well... they did a damn fine Piranha Logo. And lets leave it at that.

exarkann
9th December 2005, 11:00 PM
i do agree that sl did a great job with pure. i love the "consume" and "robots build" adverts..

username
10th December 2005, 09:57 AM
i like the winking roar sign on cheung project, just before the twin jump section.
what was your guys fav advertisement in pure?

Mobius
10th December 2005, 11:26 AM
I liek most of them to be honest, they all fit in with the wipeout universe. But the coffee one is spelt "cofee" and is there one advertising apples?

I swear there is a caffine undercurrent to teh world of wipEout...:dizzy

username
10th December 2005, 12:39 PM
apples: "now tasty!"

Jittery-Joe
11th December 2005, 03:52 PM
There's one advertising some sort of wipeout-esque version of Robot Wars. It's the one that starts 'Got War?' or something like that

Cod
11th December 2005, 04:33 PM
i love the "consume" and "robots build" adverts..

You know that actually says "robots build robots", which I only realised after a few fly-by's. At first I thought "odd that they put that word there twice".

Mind you, it also took me a while to get Daft Punk's "Discovery" and "Disco very" thing on their previous album to their current one.

lunar
11th December 2005, 04:38 PM
I thought the "Fat" and "Fabric" logos which pop up after one another were actually an advert for an imaginary product called "Fat Fabric", and intended as a kind of satirical joke about the weight problems that people in rich nations of the 22nd century will suffer from. It took me months to realize they were actually adverts for some of the ingame music. I really am so "street" :rolleyes:

Dogg Thang
12th December 2005, 06:18 PM
Actually, has anyone from SL ever mentioned why coffee is written 'cofee' in-game? I can't help thinking it has to be deliberate - if it was a typo, someone would have brought it up.

Drakkenmensch
12th December 2005, 06:19 PM
Besides, who could POSSIBLY mistype "coffee", especially among game designers?!?

Distrupto
15th December 2005, 11:50 AM
Its 192 yrs from now, the spelling might have changed.;)

username
15th December 2005, 03:03 PM
i would like to see some spellings changed. for eg:
hello-helo. and-&. yes-y. no-n.
just simplified writing! easy and simple- everyones happy!
btw: i would like to see wipeout incorporate the red bull advertisement again, and have the signs in the beggining video

Lance
15th December 2005, 04:14 PM
not everyone would be happy with such simplifications; there are people who love language and who like to be able to express their thoughts clearly instead of just grunting and gesturing.

xEik
15th December 2005, 04:38 PM
It would be double-plus ungood :D

Jittery-Joe
15th December 2005, 07:03 PM
:D
Simplifying language is a bad move to be honest, plus what with thechnology going the way it is, language would only get more complicated

username
15th December 2005, 07:12 PM
now that i think about it there would be more bad points than good points so it would not really be a good move!

not to mention all of the mad english/literature teachers would be very angry!

guillaume
23rd December 2005, 02:12 PM
Actually, has anyone from SL ever mentioned why coffee is written 'cofee' in-game? I can't help thinking it has to be deliberate - if it was a typo, someone would have brought it up.

To move on with this passionnating debate (:D), the explanation for this 'typo' may be on the Classic 2 Venom Tournament artwork, where the first 'F' is reversed and then merged with the second one.

I can't remember the font used in-game though.

WolfKill01
4th March 2011, 12:37 AM
Does someone still have these files? The links are dead and I would love to see what Lunar originally shared.