PDA

View Full Version : Cobra manouvre in WO Pure

Distrupto
11th November 2005, 12:04 PM
Racing in Chenghou recently I pulled off a manouvre in my Auricom which currently can only be done by the F/A-22 Raptor and Sukhoi 30/35/37 fighters. The Cobra is a manouvre of pointing ur (watever flying machine)'s nose up over 90 degrees, maintaining forward flight and then coming back down. I barrel-rolled on the first of the double jump, but flew over the first jump only to have my nose hit the second, sending it in the air. I ended up with my Auricom's nose pointing a little less than 110 degrees in the air and still moving forward. Trying to stop the wusswagon from sending me back to the start line, I hit the turbo. My Auricom flew up into the air and I pointed the nose forward with the D-pad, landing me back normal again. 8) :dizzy Having the nose on the ground and tail in the air at this jump is common, but here, the nose was in the air instead. :lol:

I started a new thread cause i didnt want to hijack any other thread, yesterday there were three ejections and one close shave. :cold

This was done in Rapier and happened in around 4 seconds. :)

If anyone else does something similar or the same, they can post it here. :wink:

Sven
11th November 2005, 01:33 PM
I've done that. But usually when it happens, it sucks. Because, you can't see where you're going, and you're in great danger of flipping competely over. Ever tried turboing over the "corkscrew" on Mandrashee at Phantom or Rapier? Something similar happens.

eLhabib
11th November 2005, 02:02 PM
this happens to me so often upon landing the big jump at chenghou, it's not even funny anymore. doesn't help negotiating the last chican AT ALL :x

Angryman
11th November 2005, 03:10 PM
I was racing on cardboy city and i hit that advertising mushibar can that is ontop of the spiral and my ship got flipped over and i was racing upside down going the wrong way . I got warped back to normal after about 3 seconds. :o

Seek100
11th November 2005, 05:34 PM
Had that happen to me numerous times on the consecutive hairpins on Citta Nuova, but it's never actually helped me out, it usually ends with you flipping over completely and being wagoned back after about 5 seconds -minimum- of scraping along the track upside-down being overtaken by the whole grid. :evil:[/img]

Sven
12th November 2005, 03:31 PM
this happens to me so often upon landing the big jump at chenghou, it's not even funny anymore. doesn't help negotiating the last chican AT ALL :xHeh, I can do that chicane bind by this point. It's a very key skill =P

Distrupto
12th November 2005, 03:35 PM
The only reason I posted that comment is, even though it doesn't really help, it can save u from the wusswagon and looks kinda cool too. It takes longer to have the wagon teleport u back to nowhere and have u run the distance again.

Rouni Kenshin#1
23rd November 2005, 12:31 PM
i never fon with the nose to the ground and moving foward but i quite often pull up on the pitch before big jumps so i can rade the end of the track with the bottem of my ship at about 89 degrees to the track.

Dominator
23rd November 2005, 08:35 PM
"Rouni" hope you don't leave any skid:turdmarks, could be a bit smelly and messy for anyone behind you :D

Rouni Kenshin#1
23rd November 2005, 10:55 PM
it's great but small time to the camera jiggling that happens in my daily morning single race around Citta Nova at rapier class. What speed class do you race on?