PDA

View Full Version : requests concerning download lists and methods

lostchild
8th November 2005, 07:37 PM
I hope that this doesn't annoy anyone too much - but when I first got my PSP I wasn't aware of the region locking of the packs. As WP hadn't been released in the UK, I downloaded the US packs. Then when the UK version was released I downloaded UK packs, not knowing they wouldn't work.

Essentially, I am asking for a track list/ship list for the US packs so I know what I might be missing.

If there's already a thread for this, I didn't find it in my searches, sorry.

Dogg Thang
9th November 2005, 07:48 AM
Well Purist's list above your post should help - from there, go to www.wipeoutpure.com and in the US version of the site you can check out the contents of each pack. Hope that helps!

username
9th November 2005, 10:08 AM
hi guys, ive heard that if you connect the psp to the internet that you can download the packs. however do i need to get some kind of java for my psp.
or even on the main computer

Distrupto
9th November 2005, 10:08 AM
Here's a list for u, lostchild. :wink:

---------------Team------------------Track/s---------------------

Gamma 1: Tigron,-----------------------Staten Park

Gamma 2: none ----------------------Exostra Run, Ubermall

Gamma 3: VanUber --------------------Sebenco Peak

Classic2 1: Goteki45 ----------------------Altima 7

Classic2 2: none ------------------- Porta Kora, Odessa Keys

Classic2 3: Icaras -------------------------Vohl Square

Delta 1: none ------------------------Anulpha Pass, Iridia

Delta 2: Not yet released

sgtgeorgecarter
9th November 2005, 12:17 PM
hi guys, ive heard that if you connect the psp to the internet that you can download the packs. however do i need to get some kind of java for my psp.
or even on the main computer

Connecting through the wireless download capability from the psp works perfectly as long as there is an open node near you that you can get on (I loathe typing in long WEP keys on that keyboard) but if you go to their site (http://www.wipeoutpure.com) then you must have the latest java release installed on your computer.

Whether or not that latest release will work on their site depends on your OS.

username
9th November 2005, 12:37 PM
thankyou, however: what is an open node?

Drakkenmensch
9th November 2005, 01:21 PM
It's a wireless connection point that is not protected by encryption protocols, thus needs no wireless key (i.e. connection password) to connect to it. You just detect it, click it, and voila, you're online. You usually find those in large public areas like airports and universities, and some internet coffee shops.

Brianetta
9th November 2005, 01:44 PM
Alternatively, if you have wireless at home, you can store the key in your network profile. I typed my home and work keys in once each, and I never have to worry about them.

Be warned, though - even on the same internet connection, it takes about five times longer for the PSP to download the packs over its wireless connection than it takes to download and install via a PC with USB. Same does for firmware updates - wireless is slow.

sgtgeorgecarter
9th November 2005, 02:30 PM
Same does for firmware updates - wireless is slow.
It is indeed, but my OS does not support the same java as required for the download to work, so it's my only option.

Lance
9th November 2005, 03:41 PM
the thread for a complete list of Pure downloads has been completely hijacked since lostchild's request for a separate partial list and username's request for knowledge of method of download which has already been covered elsewhere. i am taking the easy way and moving the whole lot to a separate topic, which it will be in by the time you read this

username
9th November 2005, 07:14 PM
It's a wireless connection point that is not protected by encryption protocols, thus needs no wireless key (i.e. connection password) to connect to it. You just detect it, click it, and voila, you're online. You usually find those in large public areas like airports and universities, and some internet coffee shops.

thanks for the help and info, this should help me out enough now. (btw sorry lance if i did something wrong :lol: )

Lance
9th November 2005, 08:34 PM
you only did 3 offtopic hijacking posts in 1 day; no biggie ;)

username
10th November 2005, 10:41 AM
*looks in the opposite direction and turns redder than a spanked beetroot! :oops: *

sgtgeorgecarter
10th November 2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.dowza.com/

Lists public access by country.

Lance
10th November 2005, 03:50 PM
[offtopic]
username, it's a good thing it wasn't radishes; those are redredred. :D
not to worry excessively.
[back to topic]