PDA

View Full Version : Mac 2097 Questions...

Consortium
17th April 2002, 12:02 PM
I know there's a several racers here with the new Macintosh version of 2097. I'm wondering if anyone else with the Mac version is getting jet flares. I am getting the ship trails, but no flares. It kinda bugs me, as it is such a trademark of the game... I've running it under OS X with the new patch, and I've tried it on both a 450 G4 and 466 G3, but no flares either way.

Other than that, the game runs smooth as silk... :-?

c.

infoxicated
17th April 2002, 12:03 PM
Try the F keys - I think they turn certain effects on and off. :)

Consortium
17th April 2002, 03:24 PM
Thanks for replying, infoxicated!
I had actually checked that first thing. The settings are currently for "TrailsFull", which according to the manual should give me trails and jet flares, but no go...

I noticed that the manual's French, Spanish and German sections are actually the PC version instructions (complete with references to "C" drives), so I suppose that means VP isn't paying as much attention to details as they could be. :roll:

Maybe it's a platform-porting issue, but I can't imagine why. The requirements are actually quite low for the game, and it runs like butter even on a G3. Snow, rain and other partical effects are all there.

Wondering,
c.

ps- mind if I ask where you obtained that Piranha ship graphic in your avatar? Is there a larger version to be found?

infoxicated
17th April 2002, 03:27 PM
I have an AG-Systems ship in my avatar! :D

The Piranha ships (and most of the others) were given to me on a press disk for Fusion last year.

I'll try and find out what the deal is with the Mac version for you. :)

Consortium
17th April 2002, 06:27 PM
I have an AG-Systems ship in my avatar! :D

Oops! You know, I was looking at yours, but then thinking of Lance's when I typed... maybe I just need more coffee!

:roll:

Thanks for looking into the flare issue...

c.

ṪḞỤ
25th June 2008, 10:55 PM
Any solution found yet?