PDA

View Full Version : Body in Motion by Cold Storage

Ajescent
5th November 2005, 02:07 PM
I love that music to death, but something's always bugged me about it...1/2 way through a voice comes on and stays saying something in looped what does the voice say?
It sounds chipmunktified and sounds as if its says either

Primus
Try you worst.
Show your worth

or something like that, does anyone have a clue?

Mobius
5th November 2005, 03:45 PM
www.coldstorage.org.uk

you can find the song there, if you say it has been chipmunkified, using the voice recorder program on the computer, you can slow the song down to hear it normally i guess.

bakkufu
5th November 2005, 03:48 PM
I thought it said Body In Motion...

Shem
5th November 2005, 03:50 PM
because it does say Body in Motion *at least I was conviced for years that it was like that*

Ajescent
5th November 2005, 04:14 PM
the length of speech is WAY to short to fit body in "motion" (too many syllables)

Mobius
5th November 2005, 04:51 PM
"Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion Body In Motion "

Something along those lines.

You might be thinking of Canada, there is a part where someone is speaking.

bakkufu
5th November 2005, 04:56 PM
just listened to the track again and I definately think its "body in motion".

Seek100
5th November 2005, 06:16 PM
If that is a voice it's so distorted I think you're just reading into it whatever you want it to be say, I doubt it is actually the words 'body in motion' ad-infinitum as that would be too silly, I always just thought it was a random synth sound that Tim stuck in there to give another undertone to the melody, never thought it was a vocal till this thread.

You can hear the sample again in the remix track Body Plus really clearly at about 5:40 in, the melody and most of the beat dies away leaving just that sample and a couple of other bits and it really cannot be 'body in motion', there's only 1 sylabble by the sound of it. It really doesn't sound like words at all.

Shem
5th November 2005, 08:05 PM
Seek100:

The sample you're talking about is exactly the same as in original 'Body in motion' (2:06 mark). I'm perfectly sure that this is a vocal sample that has gone through vocoder box, pitched up, added some delay, and detune. Trust me on this one. Also, if you belive that there is only 1 syllable that you can hear, pump up the volume really high, or use headphones, to hear that the most clear part is the word 'Body' and the rest 'in motion' is on short release, meaning - is getting quiet really fast (but you can hear 'Motion' very well). If you still have some doubts, pitch down this sample, and you'll see/hear.

PS. With that much of FX over this vocal sample, no wonder it sounds like a synth...

Seek100
5th November 2005, 10:25 PM
Yep, it's the exact same sample in Body Plus, most of the samples sound unchanged between the two songs, maybe a bit lower pitch on some bits of Body Plus but that one sounds exactly the same to my ear.

You can listen to it yourself - just d/l it for free of of Tim's site. I get what you say about the first part sounds kinda like 'body' but the rest really doesn't sound like much of anything to me. You sound like you know a lot more about music construction than me so you may very well be right.

You could probably ask Tim personally, he responds to these sort of questions over on his site's forums.

Shem
5th November 2005, 11:02 PM
I may sound like i know what i'm talking about because i'm producing music, but i don't wanna convince you about this man. There are other things we should be more worried about, like me planning to take over the world [yes, that's the thing I'M worried about too].
ahh, i don't feel like asking Tim about this, I trust my ears enough :wink:

Ajescent
6th November 2005, 12:38 PM
Well if I can be motivated enough to join the coldstorage forums I would ask and get this sorted out...but as such, I'm a lazy so and so :D and as for you plan to take over the world? When do we start?

Ajescent
10th November 2005, 12:35 AM
went to the site, signed up and got the question answered by the man himself and you'll never guess what it says...

Body in ruddy motion.... :roll:

lmao yup that's right the phrase that has been bugging me forever was right there in front of my face! It says "body in motion"

feel free to start sending in the "I told you so"s...:)

Janos
13th November 2005, 08:54 PM
Can't get that song out of my head since I played the WO2097 demo on PSX.