PDA

View Full Version : EU PureUrban music pack

Aka-sho
2nd November 2005, 12:06 PM
Urban Pure (http://www.psp-pureurban.com/)
http://www.psp-pureurban.com

Click download tracks & get pure music packs!!!

6 download music packs in this site.

- PureUrban UK Pack
- PureUrban German Pack
- PureUrban Italian Pack
- PureUrban French Pack
- PureUrban Benelux Pack
- PureUrban Spanish Pack

Love WipE'out'' :D Aka-sho

pvdracer
2nd November 2005, 01:07 PM
what is this?

wipeout = elektro music not urban, keep the latter for GTA

Lance
2nd November 2005, 02:19 PM
apparently there are several people who prefer a different style for their own playing of the game. nothing wrong with that; it doesn't change the official music in the game for those who want it

ExO
2nd November 2005, 02:59 PM
further "unofficial" official content >>

I've just downloaded one of the packs - but you can waste your memory-stick's space in other and maybe better ways...
The tracks are quite slow and not very sweeping in comparison with pure's and all the well-known wipeout tracks. For me it would be impossible to race with this sort of music, it's really a different style, as Lance said. It's not wipeout ;)

btw: isn't there any way to replace the music in the pack with your own favorites? just an idea... Some more music from 2097 oder wip3out would be great. On the other hand this would destroy pure's style and replace it by your own, but I think this has been discussed enough.

X
5th November 2005, 11:08 AM
Urban is not my music either, way too slow for me and too much 'bling bling' ;)

If it's possible for us to download music packs, then is must be possible to make music packs yourself somehow, right?

Dogg Thang
5th November 2005, 11:43 AM
Not unless you have access to PSP programming tools, encryption and so on.

Has anyone actually downloaded these packs? Are there different music tracks depending on region?

Klarth
5th November 2005, 01:18 PM
Question: Is the upcoming "music mixer" on the site a program similar to that of the new GTA, which lets you make your own music packs?

Mobius
5th November 2005, 01:32 PM
Im not sure.

But answering Dogg's question, yes each country has their own genre of music, so if you select another country you could get theirs possibly.

One of the packs apparanly is a techno one, that should be intresting...

Purist
5th November 2005, 02:07 PM
Not unless you have access to PSP programming tools, encryption and so on.

Has anyone actually downloaded these packs? Are there different music tracks depending on region?

Yea, I downloaded the UK and in (f**k me!!! was shocked to learnt there are EVEN MORE!!!) :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/ALLATMO.jpg

Seek100
5th November 2005, 05:59 PM
Given that I know the vile abortion that is UK urban music I'm petrified to actually click on any of the downloads, can someone braver than I wade through the detritus and inform us which of the packs is actually techno, and thus good?

Purist
5th November 2005, 07:35 PM
Phew! - well, here is the full list 8) ... I REALLY need to get out more... :?

UK
Sway - 'Slo' Downn'
Ironik ft. Yazmin & Tinie Tempah - 'Listen to the Vibe'
Bruza - 'In the Endz'

German
Armin Treiber - Just Jack
Shipper - Echoboard
Resonator - Loewen Hertz

Italian
Delroy ft. Micronauti - Hard Rain
DJ War ft. Lu Marra - Jungle Style
Ruma - Plaiser

French
Dakrishna - Bad Boy Racing
Earsut - The Bad Reputation
Tarik ‘N’ Djamel - Wanted Punk

Benelux (Netherlands)
Big Ed - Pak Uti
Ijsman (Lazerus remix) - Ziel
Miss Dee ft. Leo Tani - Stop Foolin

Spanish
Deepologists ft. Katrina Marie - Apocalyptic Motion
Jordi Goberna - Are You A Coconut
Nabil Moratalla - One Minute Theory

lunar
5th November 2005, 09:39 PM
Seek, I had a quick preview of the tracks on the site, and decided to download German, Spanish and French packs. There might be something in these for someone who`s getting bored of the original music. They`re not all bad, but they aren`t particularly suited to wipeout either. The French pack does have a track called Bad Boy Racing, though, which earned it a download from me. This is the most hardcore pack of the bunch, and while it may not be amazing it could be fun to race to, for those who like a harder sound. Lower your expectations and you might avoid disapointment, but you `ll probably end up deleting them from your card as I probably will.

The Netherland and Italian packs are musical styles not at all suited to wipeout, and the UK pack, I`m sorry to say, contains painfully bad examples of musical styles not at all suited to wipeout. I downloaded this without checking it first..... big mistake, although now I have been treated to the amazing lyrical insight that, "life in the end..... is alright I guess." Thanks for that, PureUrban, I`ll come down from the ledge now. :roll:

Seek100
5th November 2005, 10:10 PM
Why can't they just let us add our own music? Or at least vet (sp?) the music they allow to be added to make sure it's something in keeping with the style of the game? I despair sometimes.

Life generally is not all-right when you're listening to urban music, either it's not of your own volition, or there's something seriously wrong upstairs. I half-expected there to be some 'garage' music on there for the UK one. An ironic title as it describes the an ideal location for the music to be placed, in the garage, on the floor and then to drive your car over the CD repeatedly until nothing remains but tiny plastic shards.

Lance
5th November 2005, 10:18 PM
don't forget to use the leaked oil to set the crushings afire

Drakkenmensch
5th November 2005, 10:24 PM
If there's one thing that horror movies have taught us, is that unnatural abominations only die when killed with fire :twisted:

Seek100
5th November 2005, 10:35 PM
Not true, the Evil Dead died when you read an incantation from the Necronomicon. Though I doubt that would work here, maybe we could get Bruce Cambell in to help though, with chainsaw and boomstick?

lunar
6th November 2005, 03:13 AM
I have no idea whether most of the tracks I downloaded work OK with the game: because you can`t actually hear them when you`re playing. To me it seems that the volume of the German and Spanish, and to some extent the French pack, is way too low compared to the original and Cold Storage music. You can turn up the music level in the settings menu, but I didn`t do that because then the original stuff will be way too loud.

Mogaar
6th November 2005, 03:26 AM
Wow, you guys; I listen to plenty of urban music and I like to think I have fairly decent taste in music. No one has guns pointed at any of your heads to download this stuff, so why all the bashing? Let me guess - everyone here hates hip-hop and rap?

G0rT
6th November 2005, 05:12 AM
No,at least I don't. But to most people Urban music just isn't what wipeout is about. To most people music in wipeout should be a little electronic and fast paced to bring them into the race and get their blood flowing, but for many wipers Urban can't do that for them. But if Urban does it for you then its all good :) .

Purist
6th November 2005, 07:40 AM
Good for you Mogaar!

Tut tut, you miserable cynical old bunch you :lol: it’s new content, furthermore it’s free, if you don’t like/want it, don’t download it! Personally I think it’s kinda cool, it also takes us way and above any other region in terms of downloadables, over 100mb now! 8O

Drakkenmensch
6th November 2005, 08:12 AM
Just because something is free doesn't necessarily mean it's good. There's really no need to always remind us that "if you don't like it, don't download it" ...

... because then I'll be forced to remind you of that other free downloadable monstrosity. (http://cokestyle.net/game/item05.html)

Purist
6th November 2005, 09:47 AM
Yes there is...

Actually just seen the link, and even though I have that and all the other downloads... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! - I tried to forget about that one! 8O

Drakkenmensch
6th November 2005, 11:47 AM
*bows humbly*

Anytime anyone anywhere gives us the argument "don't complain, it's free", I shall be there to remind you al of the toxic horror that was the free cokestyle ship.

Lest we forget.

lunar
6th November 2005, 01:13 PM
I don`t think the fact that the music is free has any relevance to whether it works well with the game. It`s a subjective judgement about a creative work, and the cost involved to the user isn`t part of that judgement at all. We`re not saying we`ve been ripped off, or that we should have been given something better; we`re just trying it out and expressing an opinion that some of it doesn`t work. If we were complaining that we`d been stitched up or ripped off, then the "don`t complain it`s free" argument would have some bearing, but expressing an opinion about the music itself has nothing to do with money.

I like some rap and hip hop - but not this stuff. There are good and bad examples of all musical styles and imo a lot of the urban music in these packs is simply bland; but as GorT says, if it works for you - go for it.

Has anyone else tried out the German and Spanish packs, and if so did you also find them too quiet? It would be good if this issue could be fixed. I know it`s free, but I would still like to be able to hear it in the game, which I`m sure was the intention of the creators also. :)

bakkufu
7th November 2005, 08:42 AM
I downloaded the UK pack to try it out.

Its umm different...

and subsequently deleted...

Drakkenmensch
7th November 2005, 09:09 AM
Has anyone found that either one of the six music packs has a techno theme that works well within Pure, and if so, which one was it?

bakkufu
7th November 2005, 09:10 AM
All I found is that after installing the UK pack, my ship needed some gold chains, spinners and maybe some of my crew hanging out the side of the ship with mac-10's.

Drakkenmensch
7th November 2005, 09:41 AM
*tries and fails to come up with a Wipeout related "Pimp my Ride" joke*

Lance
7th November 2005, 02:07 PM
i got the platinum bathtub installed last week, and they're finishing the movie theater today. real silk on the seats, dude.

edit: pimpin the ride is like the Hugh Hefner-style dream of the Playboy mansion on wheels.

lunar
7th November 2005, 04:19 PM
Drak, I`m starting to like the French pack, which is the only decent one that`s LOUD enough. It`s more in your face than classic wipeout soundtracks, but I think it`s also refreshingly different in places. Bad Boy Racing is pretty good on Burgertown and 123 Klan. Try it - you always have the delete button, but for various reasons I wouldn`t bother with anything else. :)

yawnstretch
7th November 2005, 09:23 PM
Im assuming since I cant get it to work that its a euro only option?

bakkufu
7th November 2005, 09:26 PM
I think it is, but you aren't missing much.